Will the Twink Cup ever expand to different brackets?

Of course it may be difficult but think about it ; Twink Cup stream going, bg tourny finishes but instead of the stream ending, the top "arena ladder" players go against eachother on stream? maybe form some teams and just watch them go at it in 2v2s 3v3s
I like this idea tbh.

and somewhat a fulltime job to organize id imagine xd

Stabilt is correct. 10-19's have an experienced stable set of players. That is not stating that the 20-29's do not. Or any other bracket for that matter. But arranging a worthwhile tournament takes thousands of units of our most precious commodity.
Time...
Only a few are willing to volunteer that time. While many are willing to take it. It is just a matter of getting some savy individuals in any bracket to volunteer their time and game expertise to pull a tournament together. There is no reason, given enough volunteers, there could not be one ever quarter. Still held yearly for four different brackets. 19's in June, another bracket in 3 months, another in 3 months and so on.
Someone will just have to take the lead.

Spoken just like someone that does not regularly partake in the other brackets.

Happy Father's Day everyone!!

thanks dad.

back on topic, just about every bracket is fun but i dont think those brackets have a population to support premades or anything like twink cup. if they did im sure they would have made an effort since the last time this was brought up and they were invited to start their own twinkcup events

also i have played/am playing 19s 29s 39s 60s 70s this expansion.

It's possible. All depends on the effort and numbers of the community :)

To elaborate on @Envius ' summation, every XP-off bracket up through 70-79 could showcase some tremendous organizational achievements over the last several years (no offense to higher brackets -- I'm not as familiar with your efforts). However, aspects that made each bracket above 19 stand out in the past, do not remain. Could other brackets do a Cup tournament? In theory, yes. In practice, it's a lot harder than it looks.

A tournament comes from community organization, leadership, and community size. That's why 19s were a natural home for the Cups, and Cups still struggled to happen. Merging XP-on and XP-off battlegrounds will swell participation numbers for all brackets, satisfying one of the three requirements, but that's not enough. Even 70s at their peak only held two arena tournaments, not a BG tournament.

If I had to guess, I think 39s would have the best chance of holding a Cup tournament outside of 19s, but I'm not convinced the Legion XP-on/off merge will make the kind of impact for organized games that people think it will.

Setting up tournaments for other brackets can happen. It's like Conq said, you need to find people within that certain bracket's community to help organize and run it. Other brackets are more then likely not going to come in and run it.

I would love to set one up for either 20s or 29s. It has the interest within the community, but organizing and running it is the problem.

The reason 19s are so successful is because they are dedicated, and have been for years.

Setting up tournaments for other brackets can happen. It's like Conq said, you need to find people within that certain bracket's community to help organize and run it. Other brackets are more then likely not going to come in and run it.

I would love to set one up for either 20s or 29s. It has the interest within the community, but organizing and running it is the problem.

The reason 19s are so successful is because they are dedicated, and have been for years.

So why don't you and other staff members make a post "Calling all level ______" or something like that.
It'll be 100% easier if a staff member or someone a little more well known than me is promoting it.

I will bet money that we could get at least 30 different level 20-29s and at least 15 different level 70s. If thats not enough for bgs, we could do 2v2 + 3v3 tourneys - I know a few people who already want arena tournies to happen..

I think it would be far too much to micro-manage each and every bracket under 1 organized event. So maybe have different people set them up at different times of the year. But one thing that really brought 19s into attending the tournament was the PRIZE pool. Rack up a hefty prize pool for another bracket and you got yourselves some competition.

But I think its safe to wait and see how Legion helps other brackets.

If this does happen in Legion, I think they will all have to be renamed to something like:

-10 cup (?)
-19 cup
-f2p/20 cup
-29 cup
-39 cup
-49 cup (?)
-59 cup (?)
-60 cup
-70 cup
-80 cup
-85 cup
-90 cup
-100 cup (LMFAO)

Last edited by a moderator:
I will bet money that we could get at least 30 different level 20-29s and at least 15 different level 70s. If thats not enough for bgs, we could do 2v2 + 3v3 tourneys - I know a few people who already want arena tournies to happen..

Getting interested players is way different than getting interested organizers. The Twink Cup has 8 teams of 10 players each plus some subs -- that's over 80 players right there, but they're dying for help with streams, commentators, promoters, keeping communication up, etc. I think other brackets will need more grassroots support to get a Cup off the ground.

Getting interested players is way different than getting interested organizers. The Twink Cup has 8 teams of 10 players each plus some subs -- that's over 80 players right there, but they're dying for help with streams, commentators, promoters, keeping communication up, etc. I think other brackets will need more grassroots support to get a Cup off the ground.
This is correct, while 19s now has all the support it needs it was extraordinarily difficult to achieve. There is zero chance organizers will come from other brackets, I don't mean to sound crass or blunt, and I will do what I can here and via The NWL to help, but the Twink Cup is like a privilege, it requires initiative and commitment to achieve (and perhaps even passion).

every time this has been brought up the answer has been the same. make your event and they will lend a hand to help, having a level __ twink cup isnt their priority as they have the real twink cup shit to deal with

There's the issue with there being no kind of obligation to show up.

My friends and I have tried setting up some lvl70 tournaments multiple times this expansion, and we'd get some teams signing, but on the day of the event, there would be maybe 1/2 of the groups actually there, if even that.

With a small community, this is problematic because you don't have any replacement teams.

Dude, we couldn't even get GG20 started. You think we can get twink cups going in other brackets?

These kind of things just don't make themselves. If any other bracket had the wherewithal of 19s, another cup would already exist.

So why don't you and other staff members make a post "Calling all level ______" or something like that.
It'll be 100% easier if a staff member or someone a little more well known than me is promoting it.

It does not need to be a staff member. Burg was not a staff member when he organized the premades for the level 20's. He just enjoyed doing it.

Organization and planning is the key.
Something like this takes a lot of time. Many of this website's members have an abundance of free time on their hands. It also takes a certain organizational skill set, of which very few members possess. It is just a matter of either getting the people with extra time to learn to organize or the people that know how to organize to make time.
Ideally, the people that know how to organize well can teach the others. But only if the others are willing to learn.

Dude, we couldn't even get GG20 started. You think we can get twink cups going in other brackets?

This may prove that much of the 20-29 bracket is Trial based. GG20 would do a Trial account no good. And very very few subscribers want to play level 20's. I can only think of a few besides myself and Burg. And we were the ones that actually started the P2P level level 20 "movement" per se.

Once xp-off and xp-on get merged, it should be a lot easier to get the word out to people that actually play low level battlegrounds at any level. Also, with gear being an almost non-issue, getting people put in the effort to level up a "twink" will be a lot easier.

While putting together something along the lines of the Twink Cup for every bracket might be a pipe dream. A call to arms for any given event could be significantly less hassle.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread