Will the Twink Cup ever expand to different brackets?

Flaxy

Legend
I've played almost every twink bracket and I feel like 19s are A LOT more fun to play than to actually watch.
And I don't tune in for that reason exactly.

However, What if we expanded it?
29s Twink Cup? 70s Twink Cup?

Maybe even other brackets, but, 70s used to be the most competitive bracket and I feel like the Twink Cup could bring revival to that bracket a long with others - While also being a fun stream to watch.

Just some thoughts I had. Feel free to leave yours.

Nice, helpful post. Very useful.

I would like to see it in other brackets, but the focus on BGs makes it uninteresting to me personally.
theres not enough people/funding for other brackets to host a twink cup ik some 29s tried to get one started but you would need a decent amount of teams to get it started

TC was created by 19s and is in it's third year because 19s is the twink bracket. No other bracket is on it's level. The tournament relies on a substantial and sustained community and 19s is the only bracket to persevere xpac after xpac.

@Myrm <3

TC was created by 19s and is in it's third year because 19s is the twink bracket. No other bracket is on it's level. The tournament relies on a substantial and sustained community and 19s is the only bracket to persevere xpac after xpac.

@Myrm <3
meh that last part is debatable while 19s died out 20-29 stayed alive but i agree 19s is a stronger bracket

70s was really never really competitive outside of 2s/3s and even those were tazzik shocker burst fests.

the only real premade scene in twinking is US 19s and the people who are playing on US from other parts of the world, the only real premades in other brackets (except a few 20 f2ps premades) are being played by these people.

also people probably dont wanna reroll toons to play new brackets

Don't listen to most 19s on this one, they are in their own little world and most of them have never organized a tournament. Brackets and tournaments are not one size fits all. The past doesn't matter, the future and the present does.

Anyone can have a tournament like the twink cup, raising money for a prize pool is not difficult if there is interest within that bracket, competition is relative so....Lol? Literally the only thing you really need to make a tournament like this (assuming there is interest within that bracket, which there always is) is have people willing to organize and participate in making it happen (streamers, casters, ect), the players themselves will come of their own accord, especially with a prize pool and decent organization.

29s is more practical but come Legion any bracket will be capable.

The NWL is willing to be the production team (manage everything that goes into the stream) for any tournament in any bracket.

My suggestion for anyone thinking about running a tournament like this is to focus on the solutions and not the problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
70s was really never really competitive outside of 2s/3s and even those were tazzik shocker burst fests.

the only real premade scene in twinking is US 19s and the people who are playing on US from other parts of the world, the only real premades in other brackets (except a few 20 f2ps premades) are being played by these people.

you're very misguided, 70s had rbgs and arenas at a high level, a lot more skill was involved other than positioning.

not taking away from 19s in any way, you're in your own world tho.
the 70 bracket use to be similar to 19s but it had arenas and rbgs with legit rating that you could actually get in game glad with lol so it was a very competitive bracket due to everyone wanting glad. soballer still has his glad from 70

you're very misguided, 70s had rbgs and arenas at a high level, a lot more skill was involved other than positioning.

not taking away from 19s in any way, you're in your own world tho.
the 70 bracket use to be similar to 19s but it had arenas and rbgs with legit rating that you could actually get in game glad with lol so it was a very competitive bracket due to everyone wanting glad. soballer still has his glad from 70

Getting glad from 70s was a bug from leveling to max level while on a team with appropriate rating. Whoever did this is a scumbag for taking a glad spot from someone who earned it.

when most people cant even hit their buttons correct at 19 i dont think moving up a couple of brackets is a great idea lul

Maybe that can show who's actually good at the game.

Don't listen to most 19s on this one, they are in their own little world and most of them have never organized a tournament. Brackets and tournaments are not one size fits all. The past doesn't matter, the future and the present does.

Anyone can have a tournament like the twink cup, raising money for a prize pool is not difficult if there is interest within that bracket, competition is relative so....Lol? Literally the only thing you really need to make a tournament like this (assuming there is interest within that bracket, which there always is) is have people willing to organize and participate in making it happen (streamers, casters, ect), the players themselves will come of their own accord, especially with a prize pool and decent organization.

29s is more practical but come Legion any bracket will be capable.

The NWL is willing to be the production team (manage everything that goes into the stream) for any tournament in any bracket.

My suggestion for anyone thinking about running a tournament like this is to focus on the solutions and not the problems.

The point im making is that of course anyone can make a tournament but the advertisement and hype can not be matched to the Official Twink Cup. BUT if other brackets were added into this "Twink Cup" then it can benefit more than just 19s.

Theres many way this could work:
It could be a month long event. The first weekend both days are used to do Level 19 games. Next weekend 29s. Next weekend 60s?70s? ect.

This could expand to much more than just 19s and not only be a benefit to the stream, twinkinfo/xpoff but also reviving other brackets. I'd gladly be active if i knew 70s were reviving.

Nice, helpful post. Very useful.

I would like to see it in other brackets, but the focus on BGs makes it uninteresting to me personally.

Well I wrote as I did for multiple reasons and I think anyone that have followed up on how the current Twink Cup has been orgranized would understand why I am kind of "laughing" at the idea of having multiple Twink Cups. The current people organizing this years Twink Cup have multiple times asked em self whether or not it has been worth their time, mainly because of the community. Personally I understand why certain people of the community are annoyed with how this years twink cup has been handled and if we take a look at the "Hype" along with the prize pool and compare it to last year I would say it has been going downhill.

Personally coming from the 29 bracket I simply fail to see who would take it upon em self to set up a twink cup, who would chip in and most of all who would want to take all the shit that follows organizing such thing. That being said, a tremendous amount of time and work will have to be put in inorder for setting up something that is worth being called a "Twink cup". This 19 Twink Cup has been under its way for months (Sorry if mistaken) and if we start to consider having 2-3 other Twink Cups going, I can only imagine the quality it will fall down to. This thread just made it sound so easy, like, "Why do we not have twink cups for all the others brackets", always easier to stand at the sideline doing absolutely nothing than stepping up, chipping in, help streaming, commentating and what not.

However of course I would be happy to be surprised and see other brackets being able to run a succesful Twink Cup, but I doubt it will happen in the current statesof the brackets.

Spoken just like someone that does not regularly partake in the other brackets.

Happy Father's Day everyone!!

Well I wrote as I did for multiple reasons and I think anyone that have followed up on how the current Twink Cup has been orgranized would understand why I am kind of "laughing" at the idea of having multiple Twink Cups. The current people organizing this years Twink Cup have multiple times asked em self whether or not it has been worth their time, mainly because of the community. Personally I understand why certain people of the community are annoyed with how this years twink cup has been handled and if we take a look at the "Hype" along with the prize pool and compare it to last year I would say it has been going downhill.

Personally coming from the 29 bracket I simply fail to see who would take it upon em self to set up a twink cup, who would chip in and most of all who would want to take all the shit that follows organizing such thing. That being said, a tremendous amount of time and work will have to be put in inorder for setting up something that is worth being called a "Twink cup". This 19 Twink Cup has been under its way for months (Sorry if mistaken) and if we start to consider having 2-3 other Twink Cups going, I can only imagine the quality it will fall down to. This thread just made it sound so easy, like, "Why do we not have twink cups for all the others brackets", always easier to stand at the sideline doing absolutely nothing than stepping up, chipping in, help streaming, commentating and what not.

However of course I would be happy to be surprised and see other brackets being able to run a succesful Twink Cup, but I doubt it will happen in the current statesof the brackets.

And what do you think needs to be done to fix something thats going downhill? Just let it?
No. Add arenas. Add different brackets. Somethings obviously gotta change and im trying to suggest shit.

Of course it may be difficult but think about it ; Twink Cup stream going, bg tourny finishes but instead of the stream ending, the top "arena ladder" players go against eachother on stream? maybe form some teams and just watch them go at it in 2v2s 3v3s maybe even 5v5s?

And if other brackets are added, maybe it'll spark interest of people who have never twinked before..

I feel like its possible.

And what do you think needs to be done to fix something thats going downhill? Just let it?
No. Add arenas. Add different brackets. Somethings obviously gotta change and im trying to suggest shit.

Of course it may be difficult but think about it ; Twink Cup stream going, bg tourny finishes but instead of the stream ending, the top "arena ladder" players go against eachother on stream? maybe form some teams and just watch them go at it in 2v2s 3v3s maybe even 5v5s?

And if other brackets are added, maybe it'll spark interest of people who have never twinked before..

I feel like its possible.
and somewhat a fulltime job to organize id imagine xd
on another note no players are gonna be bothered playing all of these tournaments, who would have pretty shitty pricepools (less interest) due to the amount of games!
arena is already played in the twink cup for some reason, has its own pricepool too

Users who are viewing this thread