EU+US Why makes a F2P?

People make a free to play because it is free to play.

I'm pretty interested in making a Pure F2P Account, not being linked with my main Battle.net or anything, I was wondering what F2P's do besides BG? What other things are there to do? Ect.
Most f2p's are achivement hunters; they go around exploring and PvE'ing out in the open world to obtain titles, reputation, battle pets etc. Some just do PvP, which you should be able to do 24/7 now that xpon and xpoff has been merged

I'm pretty interested in making a Pure F2P Account, not being linked with my main Battle.net or anything, I was wondering what F2P's do besides BG? What other things are there to do? Ect.

- Collecting iconic twink items.
- Exploring world map.
- collecting toys/mounts/heirlooms
- role playing
- achivement hunting
- saving more than 10 gold by buying/collecting some items you can sell back later.
- spend time at darkmoonfaire
- fishing, doing daily profession quests & leveling up useful professions + finding recipes
- collecting all the pets you can find while struggling with lack of pet stables if you a hunter.
- neverending struggle of pacing everyhting you want in bag and bank while not having any space left.
- doing quests with addon

And ofc the most useful thing you can ever do - proudly afk in goldshire on your fishing turtle.

There is much more to f2p than it looks.
I always found it somewhat relaxing. I do not need to think about my gametime and how to make most use of it all. Nor does gear have to ever change once i get everything i need. It feels like im stuck in time. World feels more dangerous and there is a clear understanding that there are zones where i'm not suppose to be and where i will not survive for long - thus a challenge. If i need to have a profession or an extra item i have to go out and look for it. Not just log in to a banker at auctionhouse to send it over.

Took me 3550 sfk runs to get gloomshroud on my rogue, ofc i boosted myself but that does not change the fact that the memory will stay with me for a very long time. I bought 3 other gloomshrouds on different account and i do not feel any connection to them at all.
As f2p everything feels hard earned.

Who need legacy servers when you got this! AND IT IS FREE!

it may take sometime to get use to and find out all the potential, but you should try it out none the less.
i would say keep it slow and easy. don't rush to level 20 but do it over time. Try avoid all your game experience good or bad and be a common newbie.

- Collecting iconic twink items.
- Exploring world map.
- collecting toys/mounts/heirlooms
- role playing
- achivement hunting
- saving more than 10 gold by buying/collecting some items you can sell back later.
- spend time at darkmoonfaire
- fishing, doing daily profession quests & leveling up useful professions + finding recipes
- collecting all the pets you can find while struggling with lack of pet stables if you a hunter.
- neverending struggle of pacing everyhting you want in bag and bank while not having any space left.
- doing quests with addon

And ofc the most useful thing you can ever do - proudly afk in goldshire on your fishing turtle.

There is much more to f2p than it looks.
I always found it somewhat relaxing. I do not need to think about my gametime and how to make most use of it all. Nor does gear have to ever change once i get everything i need. It feels like im stuck in time. World feels more dangerous and there is a clear understanding that there are zones where i'm not suppose to be and where i will not survive for long - thus a challenge. If i need to have a profession or an extra item i have to go out and look for it. Not just log in to a banker at auctionhouse to send it over.

Took me 3550 sfk runs to get gloomshroud on my rogue, ofc i boosted myself but that does not change the fact that the memory will stay with me for a very long time. I bought 3 other gloomshrouds on different account and i do not feel any connection to them at all.
As f2p everything feels hard earned.

Who need legacy servers when you got this! AND IT IS FREE!

it may take sometime to get use to and find out all the potential, but you should try it out none the less.
i would say keep it slow and easy. don't rush to level 20 but do it over time. Try avoid all your game experience good or bad and be a common newbie.
Thank you so much, you made having a F2P seem very exciting, can't wait to start the journey!

Everything you get is done by yourself - your pets, your achievements, your reputation, your equipment, your professions, your everything.

There are limitations but for me they just make it all more interesting. Level 100 profession cap? How to get the most of it? Cycle through every profession, experience it all, get leatherworking armor kits, enchants, sharpening stones, engineering pets and settle with alchemy and herbalism (for me). If you ever played Runescape think of F2P WoW as of an RS Ironman - You get everything yourself, and it multiplies the sense of accomplishment.

F2P is so extremely different from usual twinking brackets that focus only on PvP because F2P is not really twinking, as someone once said (and I think it was Oldspike) -
F2Ps are playing their own endgame

And it's god damn awesome.

edit: http://xpoff.com/threads/f2p-history.45047/

Definitely recommend pure.

I'm working on getting my 1000th quest achieve on my main for it and a few more mounts.

If you play US, I play on Aerie Peak. I'd love to play with more folks.

I'd want it to be Pure.
Being a pure F2P does provide a great deal of satisfaction when you obtain achieves and also transmogs and gear etc. Being linked makes it too easy to obtain transmogs, mounts etc. Plus as noted rotating through the professions is also good fun, yes it's a grind but I find it an enjoyable challenge. You can't go to the AH for those gems you need, you have to either mine them or wait for a drop off a mob etc etc. I enjoy that aspect of F2P.
I think there is a lot of satisfaction to be gained from trying to get the most out of the game as a pure F2P. Even trying for those rare dungeon drops, or now I guess you can also gear via PvP. Slowly building up your coin to buy bigger and bigger bags etc etc. All good fun.
Good luck with it :)

Being a pure F2P does provide a great deal of satisfaction when you obtain achieves and also transmogs and gear etc. Being linked makes it too easy to obtain transmogs, mounts etc. Plus as noted rotating through the professions is also good fun, yes it's a grind but I find it an enjoyable challenge. You can't go to the AH for those gems you need, you have to either mine them or wait for a drop off a mob etc etc. I enjoy that aspect of F2P.
I think there is a lot of satisfaction to be gained from trying to get the most out of the game as a pure F2P. Even trying for those rare dungeon drops, or now I guess you can also gear via PvP. Slowly building up your coin to buy bigger and bigger bags etc etc. All good fun.
Good luck with it :)
No need to swap professions anymore since enchants dont do anything and armor kits are useless. You just need alch / herb for pots. And for the love of god dont start with some pve bullshit about how 1 more armor / damage is helping you.
And possibly engineering if your horde/cloth and dont have LFH yet.

Cycle through every profession, experience it all, get leatherworking armor kits, enchants, sharpening stones, engineering pets and settle with alchemy and herbalism (for me)
Wait, what engineering pets? Other than mechanical squirrel there isn't any other pets from engineering is there?

I'd say now is a great time to make a pure F2P as enchants no longer dictate PvP!

Users who are viewing this thread