EU+US Which class has most potential? Hunter/shamy

Rcleave

Grandfathered
Wassup guys, so ive been seeing alot of Enhancement shamy action lately.
My question is tho, which class has most potential when it comes to Raid soloing/WPVP and overall fun dmg.

Im mostly pointing this thread to Enhance shamys and BM Hunters at lvl 101.

Also, when it comes to enhance shamys, is leech as relevant as to other dps classes or is there alot more healing from the basic shaman? That makes Leech pointless and its better to go full sockets and gems?

Well, this is more focused on BM hunter vs Enhance shamys tho, but i bet someone with the knowledge of hunter twinking at 101 can tell us.

You always want to strive for Socket AND Leech, it's Speed that's almost useless now that Blizz ninja Nerfed Movement Speed to 110% then DR kicks in. However, Socket will increase DPS/HPS/Tanking while Leech only helps with Survivability, something 101's don't worry too much about as it is.

Some of this is going to be centered around what you want to do on your twink.

At 101, for an enhancement shaman, yes Leech will help your survivability when you run WoD raids, but beyond that its not going to be needed to much for normal stuff.

A hunter will be able to run more WoD raid bosses then a shaman as there are fights that auto-reset w/out a second target available. That being said...i'd not target BM unless you are locked into it already. The big kick to all this is how much secondary stats buff your abilities. BM Mastery buffs your pet, but only marginally compared to your damage. You won't have the dps throughput that a marksman will.

I have a shaman, its pretty goofy OP and its not even finished being geared yet (at like 750 ilvl) and he can solo the normal dungeons although not as fast as i'd like yet. Leech is helpful there simply to prevent me from needing to heal as often. However if i were to go solo Kazzak (i cant yet, for the record) leech will matter WAY more.

As DeLIndsay said, Sockets are king towards your overall goals and leech is a survivability stat. I prioritize like this:
iLvl, Socket (value sockets at 10 iLvl), Leech, All other tertiary stats.

For example I'd wear an 840 belt w/ socket > 850 without.

I agree with the valuation .. I don't want to drop my 840 w/ socket and mastery, for the primary stat of mastery to increase a mere 40ish to 850, I actually lose DPS in doing so.

It is annoying, because it is pretty difficult to find decently priced socket gear.. and at least my server, I started seeing today a full market flip on epics that last week were 25-30k, all being sold by the same person for no less than 60k.

You always want to strive for Socket AND Leech, it's Speed that's almost useless now that Blizz ninja Nerfed Movement Speed to 110% then DR kicks in. However, Socket will increase DPS/HPS/Tanking while Leech only helps with Survivability, something 101's don't worry too much about as it is.
Is there a % of leech that is a good base as enhance shaman, and then focus on sockets?

Focus on the Six Feather Fan for ENH, it does stupid damage that scales for ENH. (nature dmg i think)

As far as leech, i've got like 26% or something on my ENH and i still have to cast heals from time to time. Could just be an ilvl thing, or a i suck at ENH thing... i'm not sure which yet. Mastery will increase damage, and in that --> leech.

edit- i have 40-something % leech on my MM hunter, he doesnt lose much health running nelth's lair. MM is so clunky tho i cant manage good dps with that either. =/

ENH is the way to go for stupid-easy foolproof success, just for the record.

edit2- also.... both of my toons are lacking in artfiact traits, i havent spent any time on that for either yet. The MM just finally got relics in his last week. XD

Last edited:
However if i were to go solo Kazzak (i cant yet, for the record) leech will matter WAY more.

I have a 102 blood with zero leech and a 101 with 20+% and i cant solo Kazzak on the 101 yet but can easily on the 102.

The 102 is 775 and the 101 is 744, which matters, but leech doesnt bridge the gap remotely... which i hoped it might.

I have a 102 blood with zero leech and a 101 with 20+% and i cant solo Kazzak on the 101 yet but can easily on the 102.

The 102 is 775 and the 101 is 744, which matters, but leech doesnt bridge the gap remotely... which i hoped it might.
Yea same, my blood dk at lvl 101 with ilvl 779 does kazzak without any problems at all.

So i should get around 15-20% leech so i get quite abit of hp but im not completely immortal, then go sockets with ilvl and gem for mastery?

If you want a good example of a crazy DPS shaman, check out my armory, 11 socket, close to 140% mastery. With trinket use, I get 210% mastery. ^^

Depending on why class/spec you choose, id imagine. I just made an ele sham and mastery kinda sucks as i'm already capped at 100% chance to proc and looking for alternate crit/haste alternatives.

I dont know for certain yet, i'm not geared like those others, but for ENH i'd think mastery and sockets would near always be better than leech if you absolutely had to choose between the two. I like the idea of leech, so i stack it - but i dont see any super-advanced benefit from doing so.

edit- and Kazzak kills my 806 ilvl ENH in like 3 hits. =/

BM hunters are strong unless something changed in/since 7.1. Very good dps (especially burst) without much skill required (3 buttons + a few cds), ranged for quick pulls/kiting, and a pet tank that heals itself through leech which you can ress as much as you want. The only downside from a soloing perspective is most your damage comes from your pet (which means mastery is good btw) so you don't get much self-healing through leech. Spirit Mend + Turtle (with AF traits) + Exhil (+ First Aid?) should be enough to do a lot of bosses though. Been soloing Kazzak every week with mine, should really go try out the raids before my sub runs out.

Can't really comment on ENH shamans since I don't have one but they look strong from sims, especially if you have the Archi trinket laying around from WoD.

Users who are viewing this thread