EU+US When the other team has more priests than yours...

rinrin

Grandfathered
I'm not usually one to complain about balance but priests right now are just... Ugh.

upload_2016-7-30_15-30-47.png

RIP

I'm not usually one to complain about balance but priests right now are just... Ugh.

View attachment 4769
People lack the imagination right now to come up with comps that counter all those discs. Its too easy as disc. Its no different when all you saw for a great time was hunters and rogues. Most classes are pretty leveled in terms of power. See what happens if you get mostly boomys or hunters or warr or locks. The same thing will happen. Disc seems unstopable to only those who dont corrdinate , dont stratagize and are too lazy .

People lack the imagination right now to come up with comps that counter all those discs. Its too easy as disc. Its no different when all you saw for a great time was hunters and rogues. Most classes are pretty leveled in terms of power. See what happens if you get mostly boomys or hunters or warr or locks. The same thing will happen. Disc seems unstopable to only those who dont corrdinate , dont stratagize and are too lazy .
I still don't like the idea of a team full of one class tho like if it was full locks vs disc priests it'd be a terrible bg and also I just want a variety of people and classes and lvls

[People lack the imagination right now to come up with comps that counter all those discs. Its too easy as disc. Its no different when all you saw for a great time was hunters and rogues. Most classes are pretty leveled in terms of power. See what happens if you get mostly boomys or hunters or warr or locks. The same thing will happen. Disc seems unstopable to only those who dont corrdinate , dont stratagize and are too lazy .

I was solo queued, If I had queued with a healer and someone with a stun I have no doubt it would have been okay. I don't mind imbalance, it's always going to exist within the twink community. I just get a little frustrated when top healing and DPS is the exact same class/spec. If priests weren't so good then the bracket wouldn't be too poor to be honest.[/QUOTE]

Yesterday my group beat a few challenging teams. We did have 2 level 10 Disc priests, a 10 boom, a 19 rogue, and myself 10 Warrior, make whatever you want of it.

But to answer @MooCow , strategy may work, but not always. I've got 2 examples of this.

The first group we beat was a SR/GSC 5man group with HB FCing (while streaming - hehe). They blamed their loss on our stacked discs. Fair enough? Maybe.

The second group we beat was the infamous Holy Crit's 5 man Disc premade. We wiped them clean in the initial mid clash.

So we have TC champions blaming their loss on 2 Discs in our group, and then we have a 5 Disc premade losing to our group.. ambiguous.

I totally agree with you though, I simply assisted @Maestus in mid to finish kills quickly, which is somewhat of a strategy to beat discs. We disposed of them easily, but that's to be expected from a 10 boomy's insane burst with an Arms Warrior.

I was solo queued, If I had queued with a healer and someone with a stun I have no doubt it would have been okay. I don't mind imbalance, it's always going to exist within the twink community. I just get a little frustrated when top healing and DPS is the exact same class/spec. If priests weren't so good then the bracket wouldn't be too poor to be honest.
[/QUOTE]

Like it has been said before on these forums, and to reassure you, the Legion pre-patch acts as a live PTR and allows Blizzard to adjust last minute changes when the expansion releases.

Why don't you have class colors turned on?

As @Sponsor said, we were running only 2 discs and ran into a ton of premades (mostly not noteable ones) but the ones with even more discs we absolutely demolished. People are focusing too much on solo queue right now, if you want to solo queue yes you will lose to discs, a lot. But if you even have 2 competent partners and one of you is a healer, you can kill almost any of the discs. Me and maestus of sponsorz were going 2v3 or 4 sometimes against all discs, most don't heal eachother and you can just burn them down 1 by 1. A vast majority of the discs you will see and fight are going to tunnel vision for meters, that's their weakness.

Tl;dr - disc is op ye but don't solo queue if you want to kill them.

class variation is healthy for a bracket. you gotta be quite weak minded to re roll fotm every major patch.

You only get so long to be super op while the game is being fixed. There is no longer an obligation to keep the bracket healthy as it's never going to die as long as it's merged. This is like making a thread complaining about http://www.wowhead.com/item=37659 being too op. It's obviously not going to be in game for long, let people enjoy stomping levelers for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread