EU+US What's the deal with iLvl in this bracket (and others)?

iaccidentallytwink

Guild Master
Just got back after not playing for god knows how long.

I've noticed or heard a few things that I'd like someone to confirm/deny:

- iLvl bonuses do not affect some of the lower brackets if your average iLvl is the same or higher than yours.
- There is a "cap" on the bonus stats you can get from iLvL; I've noticed that with a 70+ iLvl at level 50 I gain no more bonuses from equipping higher iLvL gear.
- Weapon speed is the only thing that matters for weapons.
- Invasion gear was 35. F2P gear is GF'd across the board (?).
-- Is Invasion gear BiS for levels other than F2P?

The last one in particular worries me. Someone please tell me I'm misunderstanding. Been scouring the forums looking for a clear answer to the above questions, but there are none to be found.

Qhen you opened a legion crate it crwated a piece of gear for you lvl. The item level was the same as what a heirloom woul dbe, so 25 for 20s. It had a chance to roll a warforge +5. It then had a 2nd chance to roll that again, meaning it would be 35, or 10 over base. Can't guarenette its BiS for every bracket nor every slot but they are some high item level pieces for sure.

The nice part is item level does almost nothing. You need to increase your average 10 points to gain a 1% increase of stats in BGs. It might have been nice for PvE buts it's gone. Some pieces had mastery anyways, which does nothing for us. So overall it may not have helped much.

Weapon speed is huge for BGs. It takes the speed and assess an average damage range for that bracket/speed. It doesn't care what damage range is on it, just speed, it pulls its own range. Also any yellow attack that specially ssaya offhand, like Mutilate calculates its damage from the MH not the OH and then applies the OH damage reduction. Not sure about melee nor out of BG, that's just what I've found with swapping weapons around on rogue.

Not sure about an item lvl cap.

Weapon speed is huge for BGs. It takes the speed and assess an average damage range for that bracket/speed. It doesn't care what damage range is on it, just speed, it pulls its own range.
Im 20 lvl F2P BM Hunter. Should I use faster range weapons?

Light Bow
Item Level 21
Ranged Bow
8 - 16 Damage Speed 1.70
(7.30 damage per second)

or

Naga Heartpiercer
Item Level 25
Ranged Bow
22 - 42 Damage Speed 2.90
(11.19 damage per second)

The weapon damage dont matter? Only the speed? And what should I use - 1.7 or 2.9 speed?

Im 20 lvl F2P BM Hunter. Should I use faster range weapons?

Light Bow
Item Level 21
Ranged Bow
8 - 16 Damage Speed 1.70
(7.30 damage per second)

or

Naga Heartpiercer
Item Level 25
Ranged Bow
22 - 42 Damage Speed 2.90
(11.19 damage per second)

The weapon damage dont matter? Only the speed? And what should I use - 1.7 or 2.9 speed?
http://www.wowhead.com/item=3078/naga-heartpiercer&spec=253 with the slower 2.9 speed. This will give you better damage inside the bg or arena.

Users who are viewing this thread