What other games do you play?

I was thinking Kerbal Space Program would be cool to mess around with. My brother was pretty into it awhile ago, and we're both kind of science/tech people so I thought it might be fun to get into. The only thing that gives me pause is the fact that you call your husband "hubby", and he plays it. I feel like that is a passionless term that soccermoms call soccerdads, and my greatest fear is getting old and being trapped it a boring relationship. I'm worried that if I played this games that , it might be a slippery slope to driving a SUV and life in the suburbs. Could you ask your husband about how he feels about being called "hubby"?
He also enjoys WoW, SWTOR and Minecraft, so I guess you should avoid all of those too if you're worried...

Says the 50+ year old dude browsing a tinkering website.

OT: Does anyone play on Nostalrius here?

And it is you that has nearly double my post count...

Over estimating my age there by quite a bit too.

As far as private servers go, Nostalrius is very over rated for actual, factual Vanilla era Blizzard-like game play. Kronos is a better choice if really want play Vanilla WoW like it was ten years ago. Play Nos if you want to play vanilla WoW like it is now.

Says the 50+ year old dude browsing a tinkering website.

OT: Does anyone play on Nostalrius here?
I did awaiting them to release new content considering running bwl, mc, ony and now emerald dragons are just /spit done that for over a year.. Well not dragons but still you get the picture

WoW obviously, D3 and I still like BFME(2) same goes for C&C series (incl Dune2000) and WC3 (which are more enjoyable then SC2 and play the missions and skirmishes from time to time). Ps2 and game cube's old Resident Evils which are my favorite games of all time :)

As far as private servers go, Nostalrius is very over rated for actual, factual Vanilla era Blizzard-like game play. Kronos is a better choice if really want play Vanilla WoW like it was ten years ago. Play Nos if you want to play vanilla WoW like it is now.

I don't play on either, but what's the actual difference between the two, except player-population?

(Kronos has 1-7x exp rates atm which doesn't seem very blizz-like) sauce

Mainly play Call of Duty with my friends if im not on wow, just hit prestige master on Black ops 3.

Mainly play Call of Duty with my friends if im not on wow, just hit prestige master on Black ops 3.

i actually used to like CoD up and until Black Ops. Then I just felt like they started to kill sniping. Quick scoping was so much fun. At least if you're gonna kill quick scoping, make maps and overall gameplay sniper viable. Most of the maps are close quaters in Black Ops 3, and with the new wall-running and jetpack jumping, sniping has become ridiculous imo. Maybe I'm just salty, idk. x))

i actually used to like CoD up and until Black Ops. Then I just felt like they started to kill sniping. Quick scoping was so much fun. At least if you're gonna kill quick scoping, make maps and overall gameplay sniper viable. Most of the maps are close quaters in Black Ops 3, and with the new wall-running and jetpack jumping, sniping has become ridiculous imo. Maybe I'm just salty, idk. x))

Ye COD is not what it used to be I have sweated COD 4 onwards, the only one i havent liked is Advanced Warfare only have about 40 minutes playing time on that. I feel that Black ops 3 feels more like an older call of duty, i use guns that look like MW2 guns such as the Famas to trick myself into thinking im playing mw2 on new maps haha.

Blade and Soul (should really look into the pvp if you play a lot of arena in WOW)
Black Desert Online (releases tonight at midnight NA).
Tom Clancy's The Division (PS4)

And it is you that has nearly double my post count...

Over estimating my age there by quite a bit too.

Maybe cause I've been a member for a longer time?...

And like Rob asked, what's the difference between the servers?

Maybe cause I've been a member for a longer time?...

And like Rob asked, what's the difference between the servers?

Just about everyone has been a member of XPoff about the same amount of time.

I used to play there for a while, not for tinkering purposes though. I was just a huge vanilla and BC fan. It just takes up insane amounts of your time though.

Vanilla and TBC were like that. WoW used to be a real time sink. You took ownership of your characters. You generally only had one or two and that was it. I played only a single main each and every expansion up until MoP. I mostly play on my wife's account now though.

Mine craft lol

You can go to the toy section in Target and pick yourself up some trophies!!!

Last edited:

Vanilla and TBC were like that. WoW used to be a real time sink. You took ownership of your characters. You generally only had one or two and that was it. I played only a single main each and every expansion up until MoP. I mostly play on my wife's account now though.

I might have been a member of TI longer than you, and as you of course know, a bunch of threads from TI was moved to XPoff, and thus my posts in those threads count towards my post count here on XPoff

Btw. could you answer the question of how the vanilla private servers are different?

Game of life...
Some of you should try it some time. It is very rewarding.
I played it once. I decided to go the university route. I lucked out and landed on the Lawyer profession, but later on, my yacht hit an iceberg, and on the day of reckoning, I had to declare bankruptcy and become a philosopher.

Users who are viewing this thread