Warrior Class Mount, Mar 21 Hotfixes, PTR PvP Testing, Tweets, Blue Posts, HeroStorm

MMO-Champion

d3.png
Patch 2.5 is Live!

hearthstoneIcon.png
Exclusive Card Reveal - Kalimos, Primal Lord

Patch 7.2 - Warrior Class Mount
Today we are taking a look at the Warrior class mount!

mvbar300.png

mvbar300.png

mvbar300.png

Patch 7.1.5 Hotfixes - March 21
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker
)
Dungeons and Raids
  • The Nighthold
    • Spellblade Aluriel
      • Mark of Frost damage reduced by 10% in Mythic difficulty.
      • Mark of Frost Explosion damage reduced by 10% in Mythic difficulty.
      • Detonate: Arcane Orb damage reduced by 15% in Mythic difficulty.
      • Spellblade Aluriel’s and all additional enemies’ health reduced by 10% in Mythic difficulty.

• Star Augur Etraeus
      • Felflame damage reduced by 20% on all difficulties.
      • Thing That Should Not Be health reduced by 10% on all difficulties.
      • Star Augur Etraeus health reduced by 10% on Mythic difficulty.

• Gul’dan
      • Resolved an issue in which a player could retain the visual effects of Bonds of Fel after death.
      • Resolved an issue in which the detonation from Bonds of Fel could occur after the player was combat-resurrected.

Items
  • Players are not able to use Fancy Darkmoon Feast or Sugar-Crusted Fish Feast while in combat.

UI
  • Looking at the map while in Area 52 now displays Outland, as intended.

Patch 7.2 PTR - PvP With the Blues Thursday
/ Official Forums
)
We’re going to take 7.2 Arena Skirmishes for another spin on the Public Test Realm, and you’re invited to join us!

Several members of the World of Warcraft development, quality assurance, and community teams will be queuing for PvP Skirmishes between 3:00 p.m and 5:00 p.m. Pacific time (6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Eastern) on Thursday, March 23. If you’d like to join, simply log into the PTR and queue for a PvP Skirmish during that time.

Blizzard employees will be identified in game by their guild (either or ). We’re looking forward to joining you in the Arenas for some testing pew pew pew!

World Boss - Humongris
Pocket Wizard is up this week, so you can head to Val'sharah to kill Humongris for a chance at item level 860 items and a Iron Relic.

Weekly Bonus Event - Legion Dungeons
The Legion Dungeon Event is live this week!

/ Official Forums
)
All week, open Group Finder (default hotkey: i) and then select Dungeon Finder to queue for any Legion dungeon on Normal or Heroic difficulty. Alternately, get a group of veteran dungeoneers together and travel to one of the Legion dungeons on Mythic difficulty:

• The Arcway
  • Assault on Violet Hold
  • Black Rook Hold
  • Court of Stars
  • Darkheart Thicket
  • Eye of Azshara
  • Karazhan
  • Halls of Valor
  • Maw of Souls
  • Neltharion’s Lair
  • Vault of the Wardens

Look for the following all week long:

• Archmage Timear near Violet Hold in Dalaran has a quest for you. Or, if you forget to pick it up there, you can start it from within the Adventure Journal.
    • Quest requirement: Complete 4 Legion dungeons on Mythic difficulty.
    • Rewards: One loot box containing a piece of gear from Heroic difficulty Nighthold.
  • Passive bonus: The final boss in each dungeon drop additional loot on all difficulties (except Mythic Keystone difficulties).

Blue Tweets
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
I was at 2k rating in 3v3 but after trying to help my friends i dropped to 1950,do i still get the elite set?
You should have earned the Elite achievement for this season with that rating so yes you can get elite set. (holinka)

Blue Posts
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
Artifact Appearance Unlocks After Legion

Thanks for all your feedback so far here - it's been a great read to get us thinking about some of these things.

First, I'd like to reiterate that we have not made any final decisions on how appearance unlocks will work in a post-Legion world, so any thoughts, discussion, feedback, etc. on that is appreciated.

When thinking about the 'Balance of Power' quest line, the intention is for it to feel similar to the Legendary Ring or Cloak quest lines from the past couple of expansions insofar that neither one of those can be obtained today, and both were time-sensitive achievements to show you participated in that expansion content wholeheartedly. This content generally has a lot of warning up-front on its removal to give players time to complete the requirements, and that will be true here as well if and when that decision is made.

With Legion, we decided to go with a cosmetic reward instead of an item that augments your power (mainly to balance the feeling of being a much weaker raid spot candidate), but it should still be and feel like a reward for players who actively participate in organized raid content.

It's worth noting that we've been making improvements over the course of Legion to help alts with these appearances (e.g. bad luck protection). For the hidden appearances, this was added in patch 7.1.5, so it's also good to note that this was not a retroactive addition - if you are a Guardian Druid looking for your Ursoc drop, and you've killed him 20 times, but only 3 of those were post-7.1.5, you wouldn't have a total of 20 kills of bad luck protection currently.

I think it's important that these achievements and their rewards feel prestigious overall, especially since cosmetics rewards are by no means "mandatory". We do think it's fine that some of these rewards take a lot of effort to earn over all.

I'll continue to follow along with the conversation here, so feel free to keep the feedback coming.

Are you guys aware that what pissed off a lot of people about MoP's cloak and WoD's ring questlines was that they were, in fact, limited-time events?
I'm aware, but saying "limited time" here makes it sound like you didn't have the entire course of an expansion to do it.

This conversation came up around the end of Warlords as well (and I'm sure it did with Mists, but I wasn't here then), but our view on it still stands that those who are engaged and active throughout the expansion in all of its aspects are the ones who have the easiest time earning these items. That's not something we see as a problem.

Edit: As said, we are aware of those with many alts, and it's something we are keeping a close eye on! (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

HeroStorm - Episode 23: Unkillable
Another episode of HeroStorm has been released!

Continue reading...

Users who are viewing this thread