EU+US Warlock twinks 101-102 ?

Occlamito

Grandfathered
Hello everyone,

I have been a skulker of this community for the past 3 weeks and i decided today, to register and speak to you all.
As i could not find any info on warlocks regarding lvl 102, i will create this thread in order for someone to hopefully respond to it.

I have an 101 aff lock that i would like to twink. Have the money to buy the gear from AH and working towards the pillar quests, to get the missing chest and legs pieces.

Biggest issue i have atm is that before deciding to twink, i took the affliction artifact quest and thus i am stuck in this spec.

I know it has been discussed here many times that it is not worth it to move from 101-102 just to get an extra artifact weapon ( except for DH as they get extra abilities ) but i would really like to know if there are any 102 Warlocks in this community.

I hate the way affliction works and would like to go Destruction as i think it will also help on Mythic bosses or adds that need to be nuked fast .The affliction artifact ability is lacking if you havent been in combat for a while and do not have any stored souls but the rifts from the destro artifact ability are instant dps and will help in many occasions.

I think world pvp would be better as Destruction as well, considering the power of a chaos bolt and its critical strike.

The reason i am making the twink, is to enjoy the solo play PVE doing old content and living in the shade of what was once, World of Warcraft( i play for more than 10 years).

So please help me out here, is it worth it to move to 102 in order to get the destro artifact in my case? Does anyone in this community have a 102 warlock?
Anyone that did world pvp at 102 on any classes except DH ??? how are we scaling at 102?

I would like to say thank you to everyone that is a member of this community and helps through guidance and advice's the new players that start twinking (like me) and thanks for the moderators/creators of this community, for the well of knowledge that can be found on these forums.

I had a 101 warlock, affliction too. Had the same issue as you and went to 102 to get the other artifacts. And after a while I started leveling her because of the lack of dps in comparison to 101. It's not much but it bothered me tbh.

To give you an idea, I took Meiralyn and simmed this lock on a patchwerk fight as 101 and 102:
101 - 219943 dps
102 - 204109 dps

And this is how it looks like for destro (811):
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ravencrest/Sbz/advanced

101 - 274280 dps
102 - 249681 dps

Last edited:
I had a 101 warlock, affliction too. Had the same issue as you and went to 102 to get the other artifacts. And after a while I started leveling her because of the lack of dps in comparison to 101. It's not much but it bothered me tbh.

To give you an idea, I took Meiralyn and simmed this lock on a patchwerk fight as 101 and 102:
101 - 219943 dps
102 - 204109 dps

And this is how it looks like for destro (811):
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ravencrest/Sbz/advanced

101 - 274280 dps
102 - 249681 dps
lol I need to get 800 pieces on my 101 today

You are dead wrong by assuming that switching from affli to destro will make everything less clunky,easier to nuke,better in world pvp and increase your toons quality of life or overall performance.

Why don't you make a 100 trial destruction lock and see if you enjoy the mechanics or copy your character to the public test realm and level to 102 ?

Last edited:
You are dead wrong by assuming that switching from affli to destro will make everything less clunky,easier to nuke,better in world pvp and increase your toons quality of life or overall performance.

Why don't you make a 100 trial destruction lock and see if you enjoy the mechanics or copy your character to the public test realm and level to 102 ?

The only reason i would do it, is because i like playing destruction. My only option remaining now is to keep being lvl 101, gear up and play destruction as 101 without the benefits of an artifact weapon or its traits....

I assume that i will loose a bit in dps because of the artifact missing ...but overall it should perform better than a lvl 102 with an artifact weapon.
What is your opinion on this path?

Regards,

Occ

Users who are viewing this thread