US Wanting to make an alliance toon for this bracket

Charicore

Grandfathered
Want to make a 99 twink for the alliance. I already have a frost dk and I love playing her on the horde side. Wanna make 1 for the alliance but not sure what class race and spec I wanna do. Any suggestions?

Depends on skill of player of course. Assuming very average skill with muscle memory binds. if you're good any class from D to A will work really well. You need to play with what you're good at. For example, a well played spriest will go toe to toe with boomkins for damage. They just have less intangibles.

Some classes like an UH DK will have a perfect blend of survivibility, burst and rot damage. Surv hunters can outburst an UH DK in melee attacks, but its a smidge lower on the list since it doesn't have all the other tools that a UH DK has.

THIS LIST DOES NOT REFLECT 1v1s! Blood DK and demo locks will win that battle (ipvp).

Subjective List for DPS CLASSES

*UPDATED 7.2

A LEVEL

Unholy DK -94
Fury -92
Balance -91 (nerfed!)
Demo -90 (insane tankiness #1, CC toolkit #1, rot dmg #3)

B LEVEL

Survival -89 (insane melee burst #1, low surv)
Frost DK -88
Elemental -87
Ret -84
Frost Mage -83 (CC toolkit #2)
Affliction -82/65 (insane rot dmg #1, NO BURST. Malefic Grasp Build -17pts)

C LEVEL

Arms -79++ (find a good healer will drastically improve performance)
Fire -79
Arcane -78 (insane ranged burst #1, low surv)
Feral -75
BM -74
MM -74
WW -70

D LEVEL

Enhance -68
Shadow -66 (insane rot dmg #2, low surv. SQUISHY)
Affliction -65 (Malefic Grasp Build)
Prot War -63 (very annoying to kill, a pest)
Assas/Combat -63 (highly dependent on individual skill)

F LEVEL

Sub -58
Destro -50 (54 if rex is playing. he's a solid 54 in all of his chars)
DH -12 (DO NOT PLAY)

UNKNOWN

Prot Pala -?
Blood DK -? *very tough to kill*
Guardian -?
Brewmaster -?lol

Last edited:
Guardian druid not on the list, but coming soon... :eek:

F Level

Destro - 52

Haters gonna hate. As the best destro in the bracket, you need to adjust your rating. While gimped in some aspects, your under valuing the spec. Destro is a solid 54 bro.

Here I was thinking some classes were definatly better than others but turns out, they were lower. What hurts a frost dk to be placed at the bottom of b rank? I was thinking going frost

Here I was thinking some classes were definatly better than others but turns out, they were lower. What hurts a frost dk to be placed at the bottom of b rank? I was thinking going frost
Forget class rankings, a great player can turn almost any class into a A ranked class. Some people depend on being "class carried" and some people just make some classes seem op.

If you wanna be on top of dmg/kb's then roll a A/B ranked class. The people who actually do game objectives usually aren't focused on topping the charts, instead trying to win the game.

Frost DKs are plenty good in the bracket. Mk posted a "disclaimer" claiming this is all subjective and to his opinion. I think people get caught up in these "this-spec-is-better-than-that" debates rather than focusing on what you individually enjoy. If you enjoy it, you'll play it more and elevate over the casual that plays the "A+" spec. I'm plenty confident I can beat a casual Boomkin on my Destro even though his rating would suggest otherwise. If you hopped on a FDK and played against me on my Surv Hunter, good chance you would spank me because I only casually play that char.

To answer you question though, FDKs just lack the utility that an UH DK can bring which would (subjectively) place Frost below UH. They're still imo one of the better melee specs even with that.

Last edited:
the list is totally subjective....

If you're really good at a C level class, you can beat an A level class. PLAY WHAT YOU'RE GOOD AT. Just don't touch the F classes.

I think the list is fairly accurate. It's worth noting that the meta is still being explored and evolving in the bracket so a lot of the higher classes are there because they've been successful in wargames. If this list had been made before those may not have rated some that high. Others like boomy would be A under any circumstance. They're just really good.

I don't have a ton of experience pugging in the bracket compared to others but here's my assessment of healers in warsong. Arena changes everything.

A)
Rdruid 97 Very solid heals and great mobility. Nice dps when necessary too.
Rsham 95 Best at direct heals in bracket IMO, decent mobility/utility
B)
Disc 89 Very good "Oh shit" class so optimally you need one, and although they completely lack mobility a well played one is hard to kill and can somewhat mitigate poor mobility by smart positioning. Not the greatest heals but they'll live and can react quickly to someone in trouble. 2 healing schools for locks.
MW 87 Very good heals, bubble is OP, but slow casts. Mobility is excellent.
Holy priest 84 - underplayed class. Probably has amazing healing potential unmolested but you won't be unmolested. Options to survive lack - no shield, fear etc.
C)
Holy Pally
71 Unimpressive heals and limited utility. Does better in arena than WSG.

updated list with 7.2 changes.

Boomies are doing wayy better than I thought. People at max level are complaining A LOT however. We'll see how long these 120k+ full moons will last. I still feel they are a smidge lower than before, since all their rot is gone.

Unholy's rot damage and spread is devastating if used correctly - I've pvped with a number of alliance UH dks and their dmg output is extremely good, especially in maps like EOTS. We're talking 10mil+ not small potatoes. Their burst is nothing to laugh at, either.

Fury and Demo disproportionately benefit from the stam buffs in 7.2. Fury deals incredible damage and is actually quite self sustaining. Demo is an unkillable tanky brawler, it takes a LOT of punishment for one of these beasts to go down.

Classes like ferals and rogue are still hurting with 7.2. The big stam buff really puts a damper on their burst and survivibility since things are much tankier now. It's tough.

The "solid Bs" like Ret, FDK and Ele shamans are still as strong as ever. Its performance on the field can vary from god to good depending on the player. I find most mage specs to be middle of the pack, depending on player, of course. Good mages can pull extreme numbers and kbs if done right.

Arms is insane if paired with a healer.

Affliction still has the best rot in the bracket if done right.

Last edited:
As for healers, I think ALL of them are about equal now. Holy Priest is a tad lower than the rest, but still o.k.

Last edited:
Reminder: Just saw a DH that looked like he knew what he was doing get beaten by an untwinked DK in wotlk gear. DON'T MAKE A DH.

Users who are viewing this thread