Wandering Isle Stayers

Finally got my mage to 80 via pet battles, at which point even my character started to get bored:
8d1b358eb0.jpg

Tried Jaina's locket, it made a portal to Dalaran right before me... aaaand.. nothing happens when I click it. *sad panda*

So my guess is that neutral pandaren are locked to the Isle or EK, as in not even the portal to Vash'jir works, but I'm able to fly there so no idea how this works.
I'm assuming that I can use the teleport and portal to old Dalaran crater though once I hit 90. Maby.

@Zee any updates to level 90? Did the mage portal work? I will be 60 tonight, been grinding in swamp of sorrows. Only thing I know that has been said before. If you get summoned and want to stay in EK die, release and stand near your corpse then log. When you log back in you will be in panda starting area, click return to graveyard and you will port back to EK. Walk back to your corpse and rez. You won't get rested XP, but its the trade off for being in an XP rich environment. I'm on US so if anyone has another neutral and wants to summon just let me know.

Spellpower-Darrowmere

Last edited:
@Zee any updates to level 90? Did the mage portal work? I will be 60 tonight, been grinding in swamp of sorrows. Only thing I know that has been said before. If you get summoned and want to stay in EK die, release and stand near your corpse then log. When you log back in you will be in panda starting area, click return to graveyard and you will port back to EK. Walk back to your corpse and rez. You won't get rested XP, but its the trade off for being in an XP rich environment. I'm on US so if anyone has another neutral and wants to summon just let me know.

Spellpower-Darrowmere

Good tip with the spirit ress.
I'm still at 80, been taking a break from it since I've been leveling up to that point without rested exp.
Can't get any quests in Vashjir, so back to Pet battles/ Archaeology till 82, wanna try potion of Deepholm.

Edit: I should add that I did get the anniversary gift in the mailbox on my neutral, but it did not contain the letter quest, only the 12% exp tabard thing and 200 TW badges.

Last edited:
I was looking at the Cata Factions for possible tabards, seems we can get Dragonmaw tabard at friendly but it would require 6 badges at 50 TW badges each, a total of 300 TW badges. So unless we can get Dragonmaw rep. another way or we can get 100 more TW badges on our neutral or a 50% rep bonus buff we will be short of getting a Cata faction tabard.

so i had a simple question, not sure if anyone knows or not. What happens if you try to flag yourself for PvP on one of these neutral characters? an error message?

so i had a simple question, not sure if anyone knows or not. What happens if you try to flag yourself for PvP on one of these neutral characters? an error message?
I play on a pve server, however one time when I did the gurubashi arena daily where you need to defeat a random NPC in the arena you will be PvP flagged automatically and I was stunned by a druid cat, he was alliance and lower level than me so I let him be.
I think if you are PvP flagged you will be attackable and can attack anyone else that is PvP flagged whether they are alliance or horde, except other neutral characters.
Pretty much like a neutral faction would work if it was an actual thing.

Sent from my Philips_S398 using Tapatalk

You can only PvP in Gurabashi arena (I did the daily and was killed by a druid), if you are anywhere else and are flagged you will just be yellow to both horde and alliance (tested at the gate to Karazhan). They can not attack you and you can't attack them. I'm on a PVE sever. I misspoke earlier you can get to the Cata TW vendor in SW but not the one in Org.

Oh, didn't know. Well, didn't really care about pvp anyway, why I'm leveling this neutral character in the first place :)

I got to 85 now, so here's some notes:

- you can use the portal to Twilight Highlands from Stormwind, but the other portals do not do anything, not even the Vashjir one (but you can fly there manually)
- No quests in twilight highlands I'm afraid.
- There's a quest that the seer gives where he spawns a portal to the Maelstrom where you meet Thrall, again that portal doesn't work.
- Potion of Deepholm (lvl 82+) doesn't work, it just gets removed from your inventory.
- Pet battles in Twilight Highlands still give the same good chunk of exp (~40 battles per level through 85-90, and they don't consume rested exp) Also they're unaffected by the 12% exp tabard anniversary item.
- Archaeology is also great but only if you have rested experience for it to consume, and it does get the 12% bonus from the anniversary item.
- the Quest to get to Pandaria didn't appear upon visiting Stormwind, nor is the portal available in Stormwind.

Patch 7.1 hasn't had any effect on the other portal methods, will be testing them again in 7.1.5.

I have found a great way to level through Legion levels 100-110 by grinding some instant respawn mobs, will show when I get to 100
Dunno what I'll be doing about WoD content though, we'll see.

I have found a great way to level through Legion levels 100-110 by grinding some instant respawn mobs, will show when I get to 100
Dunno what I'll be doing about WoD content though, we'll see.

Are you talking about the Abandoned Kirin Tor Camp just to the west of Karazhan? those mobs are 100-110.

You can only PvP in Gurabashi arena (I did the daily and was killed by a druid), if you are anywhere else and are flagged you will just be yellow to both horde and alliance (tested at the gate to Karazhan). They can not attack you and you can't attack them. I'm on a PVE sever. I misspoke earlier you can get to the Cata TW vendor in SW but not the one in Org.
So let's say you're in duskwood, you type /pvp, or you're on a pvp server. there is 1 horde, and 1 alliance, they're both pvp flagged. Are you neutral to them both? Able to attack both of them? Able to heal them?
Wondering if a PlayerVersusAll sorta twink is possible.

Just dinged 90.

Ancient Teleport : Dalaran works!
You can learn the book and use the spell. Teleports you to the Dalaran Crater, and luckily you're a mage and have slowfall.

Edit: The Portal spell also works for me, haven't tested on any other pandaren, don't wanna port some random person only to get reported. ( Because he'll totally die to the fall >:D )

Last edited:
Just dinged 90.

Ancient Teleport : Dalaran works!
You can learn the book and use the spell. Teleports you to the Dalaran Crater, and luckily you're a mage and have slowfall.

Edit: The Portal spell also works for me, haven't tested on any other pandaren, don't wanna port some random person only to get reported. ( Because he'll totally die to the fall >:D )
AWESOME! I'll be 70 tonight, slowly working to 90, no rush. This will make neutral mage pandas the 'new hotness'. As far as TPing other pandas, you can always hit them with slow fall before the port; but you're right on being cautious who you port.

If anyone on the EU servers needs a port to level to 41 faster, give me a poke.

I have found a way to keep your hearthstone locked where you put it when you log off, but I should try to test it again to see if it wasn't just a bug: If you use the boat to Northrend from Stormwind, it won't work and it will get you stuck in place, however it'll get you stuck in a fatigue spot, and I noticed that the moment the fatigue bar appeared I was immediately ported to the wandering isle, with my hearthstone still set to Stormwind. Logged off several times, and the hearthstone was still set there and worked. (thing to note I use the toy hearthstone, deleted my actual hearthstone to save bag space, but I don't think it affects it)

Some things I discovered:
- Now that I'm level 90, in Stormwind I got the quest on the message board to get to Khadgar in the Blasted Lands to start the Tanaan invasion quest.
- The Blasted Lands portals appeared (in UC/SW/IF) and they do take you there.
- Unfortunately the Blasted Lands is still phased to the original (before the orc invasion), and I have talked to the NPC that's supposed to allow you to switch phases, however going back and forth still won't switch phases, so Khadgar isn't visible.
- Going through the Dark Portal while on the quest, however, will start that WoD cinematic of the assault and complete the quest, but at the end of it you're still in the Blasted Lands, didn't teleport to Tanaan (where you turn in the quest).
- Those mobs that I plan to farm thorugh legion levels at the back of Karazhan seem to scale from 98 to 110, now that I can see their level.

I'm still going to look for ways to get to other zones, if I manage to get to either Pandaria/Outlands or Draenor, it would open opportunities to get between the zones since you have that secret teleport between Gorgrond and the Timeless Isle, and that toy from timewalking that allows you to teleport between Outlands and Draenor at various spots.
Also Dalaran(northrend) might still have that NPC that gives you a Dalaran Hearthstone (Legion).

Anyway back to pet battles with me, Archaeology seems to have taken a dip in exp after reaching level 90, but pet battles are still solid.

I really really need a summon from neutral pandaren.
Please contact with me, i really need it

Sorry for my english dudes

has anyone tried to use summoning stone on neutral character to take pandas under level 40 out of isle?

Users who are viewing this thread