Wandering Isle Stayers

Got my mage to 41, and successfully left the isle via the scroll of recall. Going to list some of my observations that weren't described.

- Able to use the auction house and mailboxes normally (buying items too)
- Unable to learn any portals, at least none from the Stormwind Portal Trainer (will be testing shat/dala sometime)
- Only language I can speak is Pandaren, so only other pandaren will understand you.
- Can't join Trade chat.
- Able to level any profession and secondary profession normally.
- Able to transmog via the Yak.

Leveling engineering and my character up right now to gain access to the teleporting devices, will be updating when I learn if those work.

Hey, has anyone tried to use the portable mailbox you can buy in a garison ? (http://www.wowhead.com/item=109574/gumm-e)
I was able to sell it on AH so i assume you can buy it with mobile App.

I don't think you can send anything to an alliance or a horde char thought
You can buy it with the Armory yeah, but you can't collect items from your mailbox with the Armory, you need to got to an actual mail box only after level 41.

- Can't seem to be able to enter any instance, no error message just nothing happens when passing through portals.
- Dimensional Ripper - Everlook http://www.wowhead.com/item=18984/dimensional-ripper-everlook also doesn't work, used it 3 times both from the Wandering Isle and Eastern Kingdoms, it just sprouts a fire effect under me.
- Using a zepp or boat will make the boat/zepp disappear from under me and can't move at all till relog.
- Quest areas that I checked after level 41 :
  • South Stranglethorn (complete)
  • Western Plaguelands (everything except Andorhall and Southern areas)
  • Eastern Plaguelands (Can't start Fiona's quest line, only the first tower quests are available)
  • Badlands - no quests
  • Searing Gorge - no quests
  • Burning Steppes - no quests (but the perfect place to grind mobs)
    eaa3c7af85.jpg

Plans:
- going to try Dimensional Ripper - Area 52 http://www.wowhead.com/item=30542/dimensional-ripper-area-52 now that I'm level 50. Which is my only way to get to Outlands.
- at level 80 I should be able to buy a Jaina's Locket which can teleport me to dalaran, and possibly be able to learn the Dalaran Teleport spell in order to replace the need for inscription to get off the isle at login.
- If I can't access Dalaran or Northrend through any means I'll see if I can level to 80 by herbalism in the twilight highlands (and flying)
- Also wanna test the Northrend engineering portal, but at a higher level, as well as the arcane languages glyph if it still exists. (if it works this will be a really ideal character to RP on :p)

maybe we can get 3 40+ pandarens, and see if they can use the summoning stone to port of other pandaren?

Dimensional Ripper - Area 52 also seems to fail, don't believe there is any way to access Outlands then.

maybe we can get 3 40+ pandarens, and see if they can use the summoning stone to port of other pandaren?
Only need 2 people to do a summon, think it'd work.

You try to learn Stonard portal? Also there is a quest in eastern plagueland that gives a temp teleport to lighthope chapel. If the fishing tournament ever comes back there's the Boots of the Bay. If you could get into Scarlet Monasatry you could get Ancient Dalaran portal at 80. If you can't get in you can buy the portal off the AH and learn it at 90. My mage is 32 right now should be 41 in a week US though.

Last edited:
You try to learn Stonard portal? Also there is a quest in eastern plagueland that gives a temp teleport to lighthope chapel. If the fishing tournament ever comes back there's the Boots of the Bay. If you could get into Scarlet Monasatry you could get Ancient Dalaran portal at 80. If you can't get in you can buy the portal off the AH and learn it at 90. My mage is 32 right now should be 41 in a week US though.

The Stonard portal trainer also has zero portals available to learn. I've checked out the teleport spells on wowhead and it seems that the home city ones are flagged horde/alliance, same with Shattrah where there are two different portal spells flagged horde and alliance. However the Dalaran teleporting spell doesn't appear to have that faction flag so might be able to learn that if I ever reach Dalaran (Northrend).

I was only able to complete the first tower quests in EPL, checked the rest of the zone, including Light's Hope Chapel and nothing was available.

I'll be doing the fishing tournament next Sunday, but can't guarantee that I can win, been at it for years, don't even have the ring.

Can't enter any dungeon, but I will buy a Jaina's Locket off the AH at 80 when it's usable. going to attempt the Northrend Wormhole as well once I hit 65 and can learn the appropriate engineering skill.

Last edited:
Found the best way to level 60+ while stuck on the Eastern Kingdoms is pet battles in the Twilight Highlands, there are a lot of safe zones to do it. With the average 30 pet battles needed per level (for now at least).
Also a good time to level some pets :)
7315eb130b.jpg

At level 65 you're able to do herbalism and mining in the Twilight Highlands as well.

Other than that there are a lot of dailies that scale with level and can be done in the EK:
  • All of the EK pet battle quests: need to do them on your alliance alt, but once you complete them you can turn them in on your neutral by flying to each npc. (14 daily quests in total, including the auto turn in one from the barrens)
  • Cooking and Fishing daily, from one of the faction cities. I personally do the Stormwind ones.
  • Gurubashi Arena in southern Stranglethron also has 1 daily quest that requires you to kill a mob, really easy to do.
In total these dailies provide a full level a day.

Found the best way to level 60+ while stuck on the Eastern Kingdoms is pet battles in the Twilight Highlands, there are a lot of safe zones to do it. With the average 30 pet battles needed per level (for now at least).
Also a good time to level some pets :)
7315eb130b.jpg

At level 65 you're able to do herbalism and mining in the Twilight Highlands as well.

Other than that there are a lot of dailies that scale with level and can be done in the EK:
  • All of the EK pet battle quests: need to do them on your alliance alt, but once you complete them you can turn them in on your neutral by flying to each npc. (14 daily quests in total, including the auto turn in one from the barrens)
  • Cooking and Fishing daily, from one of the faction cities. I personally do the Stormwind ones.
  • Gurubashi Arena in southern Stranglethron also has 1 daily quest that requires you to kill a mob, really easy to do.
In total these dailies provide a full level a day.

There's also Plants vs Zombies if you're really needing extra xp. Whole chain scales with level + daily does too.

Coming back with some more updates on what I've tried.

- Archaeology seems to provide a decent amount of exp, roughly 20-30 dig sites needed per level in the 70-80 range.

- Patch 7.1 brought level scaling mobs outside and underneath Karazhan, they seem to scale all the way down to ~60, haven't tested below that, and give a decent amount of exp (roughly 700 mobs needed per level)
As for the loot they seem to drop Legion items, and no gold what so ever.
80% of the mobs will not be lootable.
20% of them will drop http://www.wowhead.com/item=124437/shaldorei-silk
I've also had a http://www.wowhead.com/item=141064/technique-glyph-of-the-shivarra which can help leveling inscription all the way to 600-700 (if I can't get to the Broken Shores / Draenor)
This makes me believe that they can also drop gear or even legendaries, will be farming them for a while to check :)

- I attempted to use the lost body method to get to the Crossroads by dying of fatigue off the coast of Silverpine. Usually if you die like that you end up at a spirit healer in the Crossroads (Kalimdor) or Westfall (EK), however it teleported me back to Shang-Xi's academy as a ghost.

- Moll-E works on the isle, other players can get mail from bought auctions (can't send items from non neutral alts, not even heirlooms)

- I bought a http://www.wowhead.com/item=52251/jainas-locket that should teleport me to Dalaran(Northrend) on use, but I need to get to level 80 first to try it.

- I also bought a http://www.wowhead.com/item=82469/ancient-tome-of-teleport-dalaran since I'm playing a mage, I think I should be able to learn this spell, but need to get to 90 first.

Very very nice all of this. Thanks for trying and all info man. I'll be having mine operational in 2 weeks again to join this fun. Should have reserved some post lines on the front page for all this new info.

Really hope those mobs scale to my level under kara, would make leveling much much faster then only doing those pet battles.

Users who are viewing this thread