Visting Memorials. Hidden Areas and other forgotten places

Goesid

Twink Info Legend
All spots were reached without help from higher level with flying mounts or such.

Table Of Content
Page 1
Post 1
1.Newmans Landing
2.Shrine of the Fallen Warrior
3.Dwarven Farm of Arathi Highlands
4.Bengal Tiger Cave
5.Tony Stark Memorial
6.Goldshire Children
7.Faldir's Cove

Post 2
8.Ironforge Airport
9.Dwarven Farm of Wetlands
10. Crypt Of Conan
11. Thousand Needles Goblin Joyroom
12.Dun Morogh Tree

Post 3
13.Lake Dumont
14. Ezra Phoenix
15. Dak Krause
16. The Dead Hunters Camp
17. In Loving Memory
18. Elwynn Falls

Post 4
19. Bath'rah the Windwatcher
20.Ravenholdt Manor
21. Reislek's Ghost
22. Ortell's Hideout
23. Jar Of Ashes
24. More Of Dun Morogh
25. Bambina
26. Hugh Glass
27. Hatch of Lost

Post 5
28. Invincible
29. Beggar's Haunt and The Unknown Soldier
30. Karazhan Smiley
31. Ironforge Mountain Cave
32. Stonetalon Tauren Hut and Smoking Pipe.
33. Forrest Gumps
33. Isle of Dread
34. Feralas Mountains (Class Dependant)

Post 6
35. Cut Throat Alley
36. Wetlands Mountains
37. Steamwheedle Port

Post 7
38Steamwheedle Port
39. Nagrand Memorial
40. SW Sewer Beast
41. Keltus Darkleaf
42. Another pop culture reference
43. The Statue of Liberty
44. Secret Floor of Undercity
45. Undercity Top Tier

Post 8
46. Elven Ruins
47. Brambleblade Ravine
48. Mulgore Critter War
49. Abandoned Tauren Hut and lake in the mountains.
50. Stonetalon Logging Camp and Silithus Tauren Farm (Not available on Live Servers)

Post 9
51. Quel'thalas
52. South Sea Islands
53. Andrestrasz

Post 10
54. Whispering Forest
55. Stonetalon fun
56. Ortell's Hideout
57. More Stonetalon Fun

Page 2

Post 1
58. Dalaran Sewer Arena.
59. Mulgore tauren hut and cave.
60. The Karazhan Crypt
61. Floorboard babies

Post 2
62. Old Outlands
63. Naz'anak: The Forgotten Depths
64. The Darkness of Duskwood.
65. Gallywix Pleasure Palace.

Post 3
66. The Steam Pools.
67. The Underwater Goblin village of Tanaris.
68. The Horizon Scout

Post 4
Coming Later?

Newmans landing is a quiet little place on the outside of Dun Morogh, it is easiest reached by swimming north from stormwind, fatigue shouldn't be a problem.
WyCe5VK.jpg

Shrine of the fallen warrior. This is the memorial site of Michel Koiter(1984-2004), a blizzard devoloper that died of unknown heart failure in 2004. This shrine is located southwest of The Crossroads and shouldn't be a problem to find.

wrcVfEz.jpg

This is from my visit to the Dwarven farm on the eastern coast of the Arathi Highlands.
The easist way to get here is to jump off the bridge where Arathi Highlands meet Wetlands and then swim from there.

dIp8yy3.jpg

N62kNDv.jpg

These are my pictures coming from my journey to the place of origin were legend says that once a month a rare vendor spawns for 30 minutes selling a BoE Swift Bengal Tiger.
Getting here is not easy but is quite rewarding once you get there due to the landscape of this hidden oasis behind the Zul'Gurub instance. I will do my best to describe my journey to this place.
I started off in Booty Bay and moved up to through Stranglethorn Vale and Duskwood and through Deadwind Pass into the Swamps of Sorrows.

From the Swamps of Sorrows I made my way into Blasted Lands and from there into the far deep corners of this high level zone. I died in this zone quite alot. Once you manage to get yourself into the southwest corner of The Tainted Forest you will see a change in the landscape and you get zoned into Northern Stranglethorn instead of Blasted Lands, but don't relax yet. Once you get here you need to jump up the wall of this little area. After you have made your way up your free to discover these oasises and waterfalls or make your try to test out the legend of the Bengal Tiger.

Looking back into the Blasted Lands.
XNGlsD9.jpg

Waterfall and the wall of Zul'Gurub.
0EtzHTu.jpg

Other side.
QhL6IMq.jpg

Looking out at the sea.
huTxNZm.jpg

A small lake inside this hidden place.
a4BjHIU.jpg

From the backside of the lake, near the cave.
6ZOMUUE.jpg

Waterfalls.
vtzofyW.jpg

Bengal Tiger Cave.
kH3UtJc.jpg

Some more pictures of this area.

This is the second shrine I visited.
The shrine of Anthony Stark, who died in 2005, also of heartfailure.
This shrine is located near the cave of Dun Garok in Hillsbrad Foothills

While Anthony Stark was not a devoloper of the game himself, he was a friend of a few devolopers and they dedicated this shrine to him.
The dwarf kneeling infront of the gravestone was Anthonys character in WoW and will always be there.
cZKuXYm.jpg

Next up is a diffrent location that may be unknown to many.
Just north of Goldshire there is a little house with a leatherworking trainer and a skinning trainer downstairs.
But if you go upstairs the music will quickly change from the Elwynn Forest music to something that would fit better in a horror movie.

ONeYvaz.jpg

These six children will spawn at around in the morning and walk around Elwynn Forest and return to the cottage later in the morning, if you are there at this time the voice of C'Thun (from AQ40) will whisper "Death Is Close".
They will then despawn slowly during the night. There has been many rumours about what happends here during halloween and on Friday the 13th.
BJOCTTn.jpg

The amount of open graves matches the amount of children...

Faldir's Cove is located behind the Stromgarde Keep in Arathi Highlands and is a place not often visited.
eFZTDLZ.jpg

jnuQYTJ.jpg

lCOqOIb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The Ironforge Airstrip is probably know among the most of you but it was on the way to my next destination so I decided to include it
AvkRODA.jpg
This airstrip is easily reachable either by jumping over the mountains or completing a quest in the zone.
It is possible that this was thought to have been included in the orginal thoughts of the 8 levels Ironforge due to the door into the mountain and the Flight Master that is all set to go but doesn't offer any service.

The Dwarven Farm of Wetlands
If you plan on going here I recommend you to bring a parachute of some sort or something with a similar effect such as mid-air blink or cat form.
High up in the mountains there is a little dwarven farm that currently doesn't offer any use other than something to look at while your flying from Wetlands to Dun Morogh.

This gate got locked in the shattering due to the inactivity of the tunnel that blizzard never finished, probably due to the fact that this aswell was supposed to offer a path from Ironforge directly into Wetlands.
2mln8bf.jpg
This was earlier called "The door to nowhere" due to anyone trying to make their way through would fall though the ground and die.

This is the weird road sign.
13n2iB8.jpg

And some more pics from this hidden farm.
m71QkKo.jpg

27Z6WE4.jpg

n8ugHkn.jpg

4pCg8nA.jpg

DNCpDLO.jpg

Due to a highlevel rare inside the crypt and the limited kiting space and his nasty shadowstep ability I only have to offer pictures of the actuall crypt from the vision of a ghost.
This, is the Crypt Of Conan.
This crypt is located in the middle of Badlands on top of a mountain.

The entrance to the crypt.
FGUBPHh.jpg
The crypt.
3dhP1ln.jpg

DmYAJgK.jpg

The Thousand Needles was filled with water in the shattering. The Racestrip base was replaced with a boat filled with NPCs.
But if you go beneth the water in one of the rooms beneth this you will find a "joyroom".
S6zRlZR.jpg
Hang on? What is going on here?
sMlfD2m.jpg
Take out food?
ZTSBzen.jpg

We are now going back to Dun Morogh. But this time not a zone like the airstrip of which you are familiar but rather something you might hear of here for the first time.

xnirdQC.jpg
Here is NPC called Black Bear generally found in Loch Modan but this one has a different NPC ID, prior to cataclysm there was a third kind at the airport that has gone extinct.

This is what happends to dwarfs when they piss off the Black Bears
riwSRI4.jpg

A second camp but this one is empty.
1laFF9G.jpg

Sorry about the bad picture but if you look up you can see another dwarf high up in the tree. If you stay around these two guys will start talking funny stuff.
jN6jAcW.jpg

This zone is located in the mountains to the west of Gnomeregan. The way I used to get there is by walking to the top of Ironforge and then follow the mountain tops to the west and will eventually bring you down to this little area.

Now to a lake that is located in northern Feralas. To get to this lake you need to travel through the mountains east of Jademir Lake. From what I've the NPCs on this island are a bunch of people that has worked for blizzard. Heres the pictures from my visit.
QHWVf1H.jpg

qWxSqDy.jpg

YmKNLrp.jpg

GZp5Dmn.jpg

Hpk4tfl.jpg

7lfd3Oy.jpg

Now this isnt a memorial in itself but rather the immortalizing of a young boy named Ezra Chatterton. Ezra was a WoW player but he had brain cancer. In 2007 through Blizzards Make-A-Wish Foundation. He got his wish fullfilled and became a Blizzard devoloper for a day. During this day he did a few things.
He helped make the design of the Merciless Gladiators Crossbow.
But also he made this quest giver.
03WG3LW.jpg

Ahab Wheathoof and the quest to find his dog. If you turn on the sound you can hear Ezras voice as this questgiver.
Blizzard also gave his character Ephoenix the world first Ashes of Al'ar.
In 2009 he got another NPC named after him.
The Lunar Festivals elder in Thunder Bluff is called Elder Ezra Wheathoof.

Next up is the immortalizing of Dak Krause (1979-2007) who died of leukima. This NPC is Daks character with the exact gear and pet it was wearing the last time he logged out.
Mne9sHX.jpg
Caylee will end the quest Alicia's Poem who was written by a guildie.
Alicia said:
Alicia's Poem

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am in a thousand winds that blow,
across Northrend's bright and shining snow.
I am the gentle showers of rain,
on Westfall's fields of golden grain.
I am in the morning hush,
of Stranglethorn's jungle, green and lush.
I am in the drums loud and grand,
the thunderous hooves across Nagrand.
I am the stars warmly gleaming,
over Darnassus softly dreaming.
I am in the birds that sing,
I am in each lovely thing.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there. I do not die.

This poem is based on "Do not stand at my grave and weep", thought to be written by Mary Elizabeth Frye.

This is one of the hidden places of Stonetalon Mountains, it is generally called The Dead Hunters Camp.
To reach this spot you need to do some hardcore wallclimbing east of the Sludgewerks.
uyooDNp.jpg

LRAYI4n.jpg

bMS7jYE.jpg

The Dead Hunter
zRvQsNT.jpg

Next Memorial is that of Jesse Morales. Alike Michel Koiter, a devoloper who died during the making of WoW and got this gravestone that is the only one in the Southshore Graveyard that is clickable.
"In loving memory of Jesse Morales" it reads.
oJWNVYR.jpg
The flowers will always be there.

Enough with memorials for now lets go to another place instead.
The Elwynn Falls.
The Elwynn Falls is located east of stormwind and looks kinda like a upside down L or a misshaped 7.
To get here you need to travel through the mountains of Burning Steppes. It's kind of hard to explain how to get there but if a quick google or youtube search should show you.

Behind SW keep, you can just run up one of the hills, jump into the river/lake for the falls and you're there. Much easier than it used to be. :D

Tested and Confirmed that this route which is much easier also works.

Here are a few pictures.
EapDxfv.jpg

VrfUG2j.jpg

LkBO3Ev.jpg

FJmH2wx.jpg

HxirS5D.jpg

XFvkP6p.jpg

Did you notice the farm in the upper part of 2 of the pictures?
This is known as Tektons Farm but is not reachable without a flying mount.

Figured I would a little salute to a NPC all who most people playing before cataclysm have visited but probably forgotten about.
Bath'rah the Windwatcher, this guy used to be part of the class quests for shamans and warrior prior to cataclysm when class quests became obsolete.
8v6JoXv.jpg

Ravenholdt Manor

DOkEB4h.jpg

lSgxr7J.jpg

soHLkAv.jpg

Ps1NqGe.jpg

Ravenholdt Manor is located north of Durnholde Keep in Hillsbrad Foothills. To get there you need to go to the small dots on the northern part of the map.

Reislek's ghost
0AgzOEa.jpg
Now this might be confusing at first but if you turn it around you get Kelsier. This is a little tribute to the four Mistborn books.

Ortell's Hideout.
There are two caves known as the home of Hermit Ortell. One of the is located in the far east mountains of Dun Morogh. This is the other one which is located in the mid eastern part of Silithus.
1Hk7OAl.jpg

AiBp4XE.jpg

For Ortell's Hideout in Dun Morogh see Class/Race specific section.

My first Outland destination.
The Jar of Ashes.
This skeleton holding a jar of ashes can be found in the south of hellfire near the border to Terrokar Forest. The meaning of this jar has been debated many times but it is generally belivied to be about Tseric. Tseric was a community leader of the US forums many years ago. in early 2007 things changed.

Tseric said:
When you can understand how a group of belligerent and angry posters can drive away people from this game with an uncrafted and improvisational campaign of misery and spin-doctoring, then perhaps, you can understand the decisions I make. Until you face mobs of psychology, you will not see my side.

Until you see some bright-eyed player coming onto the forums wanting to know what they should spec as this class, and see them shat on and driven away by petty and selfish people who are simply leveraging for game buffs, you will not understand.

You will not understand until you have to see it daily, for years...

Until you understand that many people will trod over you to get where they're going, or to get what they want.

Until you understand that so many people will agree, completely, 100% with a loud, vulgar and assertive individual, not because he is right, but because he is making a stand against "the Man"; to take no critical thought in what they say, but simply to hop on board.

Until you actually try to acknowledge those who do not speak on the forums, for whatever reason they have, you will not understand.

If you think an archaic business formula like "the customer is always right" works, you fail to understand customers, not a customer. It is a collective. No one person, even myself, is truly above the whole.

I simply have the unfortunate quality of being easily singled out.

and

Tseric said:
Can't help it.
Posting impassionately, they say you don't care.
Posting nothing, they say you ignore.
Posting with passion, you incite trolls.
Posting fluff, you say nonsense.
Post with what facts you have, they whittle down with rationale.
There is no win.
There is only slow degradation.
Take note. It is the first and only time you'll see someone in my position make that position.
You can be me when I'm gone.

Random Guy said:
Killing a Tseric should aggro every Tserics in a 40 yd radius. It makes sense, you are actually killing their best friend.
This was a thread.

Tseric said:
I'm sure you all think you're hilarious in your own space/mind.

Get off my internet.

kthx

This was Tserics last post as CM. If he was fired or left by will is still unknown. What is known is that he was gone.

Oh well here are the pictures.

The Skeleton and the Jar
wMlBr42.jpg

The Jar of Ashes
FSzlvYN.jpg

More of Dun Morogh

The first spot is located right above the text Anvilmar.
The latter two is from a place south of Kharanos.

To get here you first go on top of the Ironforge Mountain then ride the same way you do to reach the Dun Morogh Tree but once you reach it you keep going up in the mountains instead of jumping down (there a 2 mountain paths, I recommend the one that goes up on top of Gnomeregan.
To get to the plane you need to bring a parachute from Gnomeregan.
URde5P3.jpg

The Plane Site.
TwtekkD.jpg

Vlvtn66.jpg

Time for another of Blizzards pop culture refrences.
First of is Blizzards version of the story of Bambi.

This is how it will look most of the time.
de2zfEe.jpg

But if you stay around long enough
AOTRYpS.jpg

wVHFJFo.jpg

v3NdrOt.jpg

RC0DY6U.jpg

Next up is Hugh Glass.
In real life he was an explorer of the American West and is most famous for his combat with a grizzly bear in which he became wounded and then had to crawl to the closest town 200 miles away. He became a legend.
In Azeroth the Grizzly Bear is alot nicer.

vV4zuHa.jpg

Hatch of Lost
In the TV series Lost they find a hatch that reads the numbers, 4 8 15 16 23 42.
At Bittertide Lake in Sholazar Basin you will find a hatch.
ACjp1Vc.jpg
If you mouseover this hatch it will read the numbers, 5 9 16 17 24 43.

Invincible
Invincible was Arthas horse before he got turned by Frostmourne.
In Wrath of the Lich King, blizzard open the Invincible's grave to show that Arthas had rescurrected his dear horse.
TLyECdr.jpg

The gravestone reads.
NTIO2q7.jpg

Beggar's Haunt and The Unknown Soldier

Behind the tower where you start the Ello's Band quest chain lies a quiet place where an elite skeleton soldier named "The Unknown Soldier" watches the graves of perhaps unknown soldier. Perhaps this is Blizzards version of the massgraves that exists in countries around the world of unidentified soldiers.
53kw1Ld.jpg

86iIcNE.jpg

Karazhan Smiley.
Located beneth the Karazhan tower is a giant smiley.
zRgww7k.jpg

This cave was inhabited by trolls prior to the shattering and now seem to server as some kind of refuge for the sledders on the Ironforge Mountain.
EyIkoJe.jpg

OKuDyNj.jpg

West of it is the remains of a plane crash.
Pr6euKL.jpg

6jjcaD7.jpg

The empty tauren hut with a graveyard and a big smoking pipe.
To reach this spot you need to go to northern barrens up to the highest mountains of the west. Here you will be just beneth a higher mountain level follow this path until you reach southern Stonetalon Mountains where you can go up to the higher level then go back north until you reach the hut.
M1GRZAh.jpg

76xEcKJ.jpg

SfcoNJR.jpg

5nnoTV6.jpg

YAyeNdl.jpg

401MQ7R.jpg

DLThrnl.jpg

Time for a pop culture refrence.
Most of us have seen the movie Forrest Gump or atleast heard the phrase "Run Forrest, run!"
This was Blizzards way of immortalizing the movie.
These are the Florist Gumps.
lWyLNBn.jpg

9VLCjlV.jpg
They are located in The Trade District near the canal bordering Old Town.

Isle Of Dread
This island got sunk with the tides of Cataclysm but yet it remains on the map and on the bottom of the sea.
To reach it, make your way to western Feralas then swim out to the ruins of Feathermoon and then south from there, when you exist the fatigue waters you swim down and you will see this place that once held home to a boss used for the AQ opening quest chain.

dI7cMWA.jpg

Feralas Mountains (Class Dependant).

In the southern parts near the border to Silithus you will find a camp up in the mountains.
yqU4HSI.jpg

A very nice place to just hang around, much more comfortable than the roof of some building in Orgrimmar or Stormwind. This place is actually class dependant but do to having a free slot here and having to use of my space wisely I placed it here.

Like most of the jump in the restricted section this is only possible with the combination of either a hunter or warlock and a druid (you can bring more than 2 people if you wish but the mentioned classes has to be brought or it is not possible, for further information PM me.

Cut Throat Alley

This is a little hidden place in Stormwind with only one way to enter it.

Here
pR93RvF.jpg

Then you go through this little thug bar called "The Shady Lady".
nwDKngG.jpg

This small alley contains a small house and the backside of "The Shady Lady". Maybe the thugs use it for some funny buisness, as the name might suggest.
j5zpKOz.jpg

y0qmKDG.jpg

grUNr9f.jpg

nK1XFQQ.jpg

I knew that the Dun Morogh/Wetlands border had more places hidden so I decided to go check it out more closely, heres what I found.

West of Thelgen Rock and east of the Wetlands farm there is a large zone on a higher level than rest of Wetlands. To get here you just come down from the mountains of Ironforge and the Airport.

There is a lake here.

hStlpJ0.jpg

Xc3wcOj.jpg

But if you take a closer look into the lake you will find the sight that you will find alot in these type of zone.
lXyB6mU.jpg

I went out to discover more of this area and I did find one more interresting thing.
kVCxjkB.jpg

k8cCIjD.jpg

Some pictures of this large area with no mobs except for critters, good for RP or WPVP.
9WushHO.jpg

Aezj92e.jpg

tisaWJJ.jpg

Time to remember one of the places those of us that leveled in Tanaris prior to Cataclysm got to quest here. Steamwheedle Port, it was drowned Cataclysm and only one house remains.

BXd7Wi8.jpg

proYiS0.jpg

1dtWMuh.jpg

nOuJ2TB.jpg

This is the only house that remains. However the owner has relocated but he left behind his bird O'reily (Oh really)
AYROeE2.jpg

SOCDT45.jpg

Continue down to see his new home.

This is the owners new home.
VYoCmZh.jpg

Upon doing some exploring in the Outlands I bumped into what looks to be a shrine of some sort but there is no gravestone or anything.
It is located on the border between Nagrand and Zangramash.
s3VZz5z.jpg

Even in Stormwind you are not safe from the monsters of Azeroth. In the sewers a rare level 50 crocodile lurks the waters.
jBCsevF.jpg

Keltus Darkleaf is another forgotten old class quest giver that is hidden away in the northern parts of Ghostlands.
bFRksZx.jpg

Another pop culture refrence in the northern parts of Stormwind Harbor.
DKmtFin.jpg

The Statue Of Liberty.
In east Loch Modan you will find this statue sunk into the ground.

The feet
l33DHcd.jpg

The head.
XTNq6Z9.jpg

Undercity Secret Floor.
To reach this floor you need to jump from the sewer pipe with a parachute.
Heres a few pictures of this floor.
AjN9nmT.jpg

YwELLUO.jpg

5SQjqvg.jpg

bv7WVLj.jpg
This part you might remember from when you take the flight path into the city.
98PGw4g.jpg

Undercity Top Tier.
With cata came the opening of this area and filling it with NPCs.
I only took a limited amount of pictures due to the huge area of this place.
Reaching it is not hard but it is easy not to notice it. To get here nowadays you simply go to the left instead of right (Silvermoon City orb) when you enter the ruins of Lordaeron.

The blasted door.
AoUaaoo.jpg

More pictures.
Jni9LEv.jpg

TR23txQ.jpg

CAKBVkw.jpg

ZhTrLTX.jpg

ujt8moz.jpg

In the borderlands between Feralas and Desolace you will find this place. North of Lake Dumont. There is nothing special here just a few elder buildings tucked away up in the mountains.
e9PZTY6.jpg

lkyxDFu.jpg

pg5mxLV.jpg

S0lXL3F.jpg

0LXdAyf.jpg

Brambleblade Ravine.
While looking at the map I noticed that in south eastern Mulgore a small area is elevated from the rest so I went to check it out. To get there I moved across the mountains from Southern Barrens. When I came there I remembered it from pre cata when it was still a questing hub for young taurens. Now it is empty of NPCs and only purpose is for eyecandy.
Here are a few pictures of it.
rqkNsnD.jpg

kYBkJOD.jpg

0N9KdNC.jpg

X6xQ4oi.jpg

MRYu1dY.jpg

A face?
Ndo9F7g.jpg

Mulgore Critter War
Northwest of Thunder Bluff and go up the path and you will reach this place.
If you stay around they will start killing eachother
I chose this one because it is the most unique. But there are also Rabbits and Praerie Dogs.
oQAVTpx.jpg

Abandoned Tauren Hut And Totem
I was unable to find any documentation of this place so there is probably no backstory behind it and just some flight scenary to glance upon when flying to Feralas from the north.
Between Feralas, Mulgore, Southern Barrens and Thousand Needles you will find this place but it will take a long journey, if you want directions PM me.
Here are a few pictures.

The skeleton of what seems to be a kodo and something hanging in the air above it perhaps it had something to do with somekind of ritual.
RDgDPO9.jpg

A canoo and small portion of the lake
crqJ5Ra.jpg

Overview from a closer look
lqXQIiH.jpg

The lake and how deep it is.
KPsfNEd.jpg

bHdfTKh.jpg

R4xrOEQ.jpg

A few fishes live here anyways.
7EH4u0N.jpg

Overview from a distance.
2tBGiMb.jpg

Stonetalon Logging Camp and Silithus Tauren Farm.
These spots were removed with the cataclysm, I went on a private server to get you pictures of this place incase you never got to visit it.
The farm was probably supposed to be some kind of druid sanctuary due to its location on the coast of what is now the zone of Ahn'Qiraj. The cave however does still exist on live and has the same design as the one in Zangramash and is filled with skeletons.
I have no idea what the Stonetalon logging camp was supposed to be, maybe eyecandy for one taking the flight path between Desolace and Ashenvale.

Stonetalon Logging Camp.

The size of this place suggest it might have been an early attempt for a starting zone that was abandoned and left a flight scenery for those long flights between Desolace and Ashenvale.

Silithus Tauren Farm

Considering the location to the west of what is now the AQ zone and the swim that has to be made from Feralas this was probably an early attempt for a druid questing hub.

Quel'Thalas.

This place is one of the hidden areas of the world alike precata Hyjal.
The idea for using this zone was scrapped in TBC and replaced with Ghostlands, Eversong Woods and Isle of QUel'Danas. However you can still trace this zone. It has it's own chat channel and name on the mini map. Blizzard has tried very hard to keep this place hidden due to the fact that it reveals a secret. It shows that Eastern Plaguelands and Ghostlands aren't actually connected to eachother. This is also the reason that Eastern Plaguelands in Cata was covered with alot of invisible walls to prevent flying mounts from reaching it or even seeing into it.

These are my pictures from this place.
Naxxramas
kS0W5m8.jpg

A slaughterhouse
nU39cOa.jpg

The road.
OeMAjNL.jpg

LilqcuA.jpg

The road leads to this spot which in the normal phased world has a big building ontop of it. It is said to be the spot where Arthas killed Sylvanas Windrunner.
winqltu.jpg

Notice the incredible graphics of the flag.
yuoyZUz.jpg

More pics. Notice the size of this place, in one of them you will also see Archerus in the background.
6MtJAJW.jpg

BbmZLm4.jpg

0ylhveN.jpg

K8yscTj.jpg

Vn5ZpWE.jpg

Another picture of Naxxramas
IygsKn1.jpg

The most famous place of Quel'Thalas. The elven tower with ruins and port. In precata it was reachable by just swimming from Tirisfal or Hinterlands.
KpqGYhn.jpg

m8ciQBe.jpg

Bzisn9K.jpg

uiO7tN1.jpg

irKGVPZ.jpg

A closer picture of Archerus
2lgQSWh.jpg

Andrestrasz
In 5.3 this dragon was added to this cave on the coast of what is now the zone of Ahn'Qiraj. The purpose is unknown but there had to be a reason Blizzard removed the Tauren village next to yet kept the empty cave. The cave has stood empty since vanilla but may soon serve a purpose.
aZP8tEK.jpg
Thank you [MENTION=9577]Revlo[/MENTION] for bringing this to my attention.

These spots are Class/Race dependant.

Whispering Forest
EM22OJF.jpg

g32LHw9.jpg

jpn4hyE.jpg

To reach this spot you need to get to the roof of the spider tunnel in Deathknell.

The abandoned camp and the ruins of Stonetalon Mountains.
This spot is absolutly the hardest spot I've reached yet. If you take up your map and look at Stonetalon Mountains and the look to the north west you will see a closed zone within the mountains. This is where you need to go. I would say you have to be a Warlock or Goblin to reach this spot, and even then it is very hard.

The abandoned camp
1Ig2OoR.jpg

The ruins
1uqQPDH.jpg

Y0K5Oil.jpg

vuEwLUp.jpg

This is Ortell's second cave in Azeroth. This one is located in Dun Morogh. In cata reaching it without flying mount became harder and you now need to be a demo warlock or a goblin. It also got renamed to The Mountain Den.

loXEY4k.jpg

N1BkEwQ.jpg

Uf0Qcu3.jpg

High up in the mountains of Stonetalon Mountains you will find this abandoned camp.
jAWblFB.jpg

2S0O2e1.jpg

Continues on next page

If you feel like theres a place you would like me visit and add to the page feel free to PM with any of your suggestions. But remember, I will only add places that are reachable for F2Ps without the help of a high level with flying mount.

Thanks to Skolnick of Warcraft Less Traveled for really getting me interrested.

I will update as soon as I find something new and interresting.

Dalaran Sewer Arena.

If you make your way beneth Dalaran Sewers you can get into the arena. This place was not changed by the recent change that added staircases in both corners and it also features NPC teams fighting eachother.
EF4w9Na.jpg

oTYHNDj.jpg

bNh9qSL.jpg

Mulgore tauren hut and cave.
In the mountains between Mulgore and Northern Barrens you will see this place when either flying or riding the zeppelin.
agjkKe5.jpg

rzYsMaF.jpg

The Karazhan Crypt

One of the most famous places to explore and I recommend everyone does it atleast once. It sometimes goes by the name of Morgan's Plot.
Karazhan Crypt was supposed to be a 5 player dungeon but it was abandoned when Blizzard put a 12 year ages limit on the game. The crypt consists of multiple subzones like Tome of the Unrepentant, The Upside-down Sinners, Well of the Forgotten and Pauper's Walk. Alot of it just marked Crypt though.

Parts of the crypts run beneth the Tranquil Gardens Cemetery in Duskwood.

The entrance
VD3MTgm.jpg

xelVmZO.jpg

8u1OPJg.jpg

GoZPipJ.jpg

lS4mfoz.jpg

PUuAmtu.jpg
There are multiple gates like the one in the picture below, that are partly covered or similar. If u right click they will open but with a mouseover it has no name just something along the lines of WoWdoodad_Irongate01
GUsEWjr.jpg

9Ta2QfP.jpg

Possibly the most famous part of the crypt and the main reason it was never implanted as a dungeon.
The upsidedown sinners room.
Z5Fkugs.jpg

0XqDW7A.jpg

A few places that would be locations were bosses could be.
4Sf8R79.jpg

rLvWlVe.jpg

UG57CCo.jpg

qFBaWsp.jpg

Floorboard babies.

Above the barbershop in stormwind there are a few floorboards loose and beneth you can see a few baby skeletons.
CN0nvcW.jpg

Last edited:
Old Outlands

A long time ago some crafty explorer found his way here by blinking through The Deadmines instance portal and then walk out and turn left and the wall there would be gone and he could then slowfall down until he reached it.
Nowadays it is done by using a growth potion while standing on the tube inside The Deadmines and then use either demonology warlock jump, disengage, goblin rocket and then use somekind of slowfall, Gnomeregan Parachute, Levitate, Slowfall, Parachute Cloak for example. It might take a few tries but you will most likely see were you are supposed to land. If it goes wrong you will disconnect and then land at the entrance.

Here are my pictures from my journey there.
kXJ5dDf.jpg

dvaqq7l.jpg

KXrkahH.jpg

GIDOJhM.jpg

v19ncd0.jpg

7eUs4cV.jpg

mX29KHK.jpg

H9iNAS3.jpg

caWFwGi.jpg

1bhnF3r.jpg

JNvpsbm.jpg

AxJ6PbR.jpg

As you can see there are some obvious bugs but the place all in all is huge.

Naz'anak: The Forgotten Depths

Beneth Icecrown Citadel you will find this place. by jumping into a long tube similar to the one in Ahn'kahet, you will also land in a similar place. The NPCs down there are hostile Faceless Ones and a friendly child called Matthias Lehner (anagram for Arthas Menethil). This is the objective of a high level quest, but I brought it here for those that have never made it this far into the Icecrown questing line.

Tf6sEOf.jpg

atKydkH.jpg

rrzGCVw.jpg

The Darkness of Duskwood.

In the beginning of WoW there were plans to make darkness adjusting between different zones and Duskwood was the darkest of them all. There was a secondary proffesion called Survival Skills that could make torches and campfires, the basic campfire which is still around but was renamed Cooking Fire in patch 4.3 and the bright campfire which was removed but the syndicate conjurers at Stormgarde Keep in Arathi Highlands can still make these fires for unknown reasons, as with the old bright campfires it provides a spirit buff of 8 and uses a different model. These campfires and torches would provide light but during beta the entire thing was scrapped and campfires got moved to cooking and torches scrapped completely but you can still see traces of this, I don't know if you have noticed but almost every NPC in entire Duskwood is holding a torch. Near a building at the cementary in the western parts of Duskwood the darkness that once surrounded entire Duskwood can still be seen. when ever you get close to it your screen will go very dark compared to the usual.

FJ1gWcn.jpg

Gallywix Pleasure Palace

When Cataclysm was released the forlorn ridge and the area that is now Gallywix Pleasure Palace the area that formerly been there, the last left overs of the battleground Azhara Crater that never made it was given up on. The Palace is now there and is one of the new goblin resorts in Azeroth.

To get there just jump up the mountain till you get there.
Here are some pictures of the place.
7JqLkeB.jpg

7Fr31So.jpg

QPgG2qg.jpg

h0PRkZJ.jpg

The Steam Pools

Up in the mountains of Feralas, the goblins have built a resort where you can get away from all the stress of questing and just relax with some of the NPCs of Azeroth including the master chef.

To get there you go to the Darkmist Ruins in the middle of Feralas and just go over the mountains.

Some pictures:
h6StZTz.jpg

KaNZpy1.jpg

MoCPgqc.jpg

dsKcx8K.jpg

nLoVN91.jpg

6TzFhOJ.jpg

mh2HOOn.jpg

D4TDsRJ.jpg

G923Wgn.jpg

The Underwater Goblin village of Tanaris

Far out in the fatigue outside Tanaris this underwater village can be found, as of cataclysm you will die when you get near but I was still able to get some screenshots of it.
The purpose of this place is unknown.

9zVAuIm.jpg

xAEnld7.jpg

The Horizon Scout

Located in the southern part of Azhara. Under the water this ship lies sunken, Added in patch 1.11.1, the gnome wizard called Roland Geardabbler who keeps the rest of the crew alive with magic. However the interesting part is that Captain Vanessa Beltis who was the only one who gave any quests (A Crew Under Fire) here, she was located on the shore nearby. She said that the rest of the crew had quests to offer even though none of them did. This indicates that Blizzard intended this place to be more than it became, in Cataclysm they fixed it and removed everything except for the ship that still lies in the sea.

YX0ebq9.jpg

lkiTQ5W.jpg

vILNWSP.jpg

q0tMAeZ.jpg

UlbyXyr.jpg

Hidden gnomes in Stranglethorn

Tucked away from everything but wilderness and ogres, two gnomes sell engineering supplies to a lost explorer. You will find these gnomes next to the Mosh'Ogg Ogre Mound in STV.
j5m9drc.jpg

RYgoY0Y.jpg

Thanks for posting these. Will be headed to the tiger cave soon as your other post on it has me intrigued. (also I can't resist a good exploration/parkour) I'm glad you gave some reference on a route to get there. Figured I'd just try my luck in the Tainted Forest and if that didn't work out, I'd PM you.

I don't know if you guys know the place, but there is a rare spawn in Duskwood called "the unknown soldier", it's behind the place for the quest line for the mail BiS bracers. It's basicly a shrine for the unknown soldier. It's a lovely place with a nice waterfall. The heartwarming thing about this place is that the villagers gave this soldier who no one knows the lovely shrine. I couldn't bring myself to kill the rare, I just found it beautifull.

I don't know if you guys know the place, but there is a rare spawn in Duskwood called "the unknown soldier", it's behind the place for the quest line for the mail BiS bracers. It's basicly a shrine for the unknown soldier. It's a lovely place with a nice waterfall. The heartwarming thing about this place is that the villagers gave this soldier who no one knows the lovely shrine. I couldn't bring myself to kill the rare, I just found it beautifull.

I am aware of its existance but due to its hostility I have not yet travelled there. There alot of spots in Duskwood such as Beggars Haunt and the wrath that u can only see with invis detection called The Unseen (if you aoe it, you will damage it causing it to attack you but remain invisible,(this is a level 50)).

The Bengal Tiger cave is sure my favourite place in WoW. It's always so quiet and theres noone here. spent many hours here back in the days
117ea7p.jpg

Exactly

Thanks for posting these. Will be headed to the tiger cave soon as your other post on it has me intrigued. (also I can't resist a good exploration/parkour) I'm glad you gave some reference on a route to get there. Figured I'd just try my luck in the Tainted Forest and if that didn't work out, I'd PM you.

Good Luck, if you need help with the jumping I can pinpoint where it is if u send me a pic of the cliff :).

offer a path from Ironforge directly into Wetlands.
2mln8bf.jpg

This was earlier called "The door to nowhere" due to anyone trying to make their way through would fall though the ground and die.

Photo Album - Imgur
These are a few pictures of the little farmland, including the weird roadsign that says, "That way", "This way" and "The other way".

I've been on the other side of that gate, and i can guarentee you that i didn't fall through the floor.

Users who are viewing this thread