EU+US Viability of F2P vs P2P

Are F2Ps competitively viable in 20-29?

• Total voters

Intertwiner

Grandfathered
Hey everyone,

Downloaded wow to get the Hearthstone card back and now that I've got it I've been thinking about twinking!

How viable are 20's in the 20-29 bracket? I haven't twinked since they removed the 20-24/30-34 etc brackets.

F2p's are bad vs p2p's, but if you go veteran you can compeat with 29's. I'm not saying f2p's can't do anything against p2p's, they still can but it's just a liability for ur team and it's not fun for yourself if you get stomped on.

I bought one month to see how WoD is, turns out it's not great.

What are the actual advantages of being a vet? From what I've read the only difference is that you can join a guild if you have a toon in it already?

What are the actual advantages of being a vet? From what I've read the only difference is that you can join a guild if you have a toon in it already?
The advantage of being veteran is that you pay for the game for 1 month and in that 1 month you get gear, p2p enchants, (consumables if you use that) and after that 1 month you can play on a p2p enchanted 20 for free.

Vets can get the best enchants and consumables which has already been mentioned, and u can get some other things not accessible to F2P like the Loot-a-Rang, Swapblaster, maybe higher than 100 profession gear for transmog etc.
Just note however once u go Vet and ur sub expires ur professions will be gimped :( they don't work as they ought to. Maybe like 75 profession no matter how high u have levelled them.
But I feel Vets have the best chance to compete against 29's and F2P just become cannon fodder!
But it should change in Legion :)

Are F2Ps competitively viable in 20-29?
Depends on how you play it and what is your goal.

F2P feral druid, hunter, resto shaman, monk and discipline priest are more or less viable, the other classes, meh..., don't waste your time on them.

Last edited:
The advantage of being veteran is that you pay for the game for 1 month and in that 1 month you get gear, p2p enchants, (consumables if you use that) and after that 1 month you can play on a p2p enchanted 20 for free.
I read enchants will be deactivated anyways in bgs in Legion, so there is no motive to pay a month and waste time doing a veteran...

I read enchants will be deactivated anyways in bgs in Legion, so there is no motive to pay a month and waste time doing a veteran...
You asked what the actual advantages are of a vet and we are not in legion right now we are in wod so I gave you the advantages.

Users who are viewing this thread