Versatility, best twinking stat?

Staples

Grandfathered
On my 19 shaman and my 60 warlock I currently have all enchants on versatility; all my gear goes int-stam-vers main line, basically I've been stacking vers since it replaced spirit. I know there's some wacky scaling with versatility at 10 that lets you duel characters with 30 levels on you easy, but really is it worth your time or are you gonna pull more damage/healing realistically with crit or haste.

We found out after all the Versa craze that it's not actually as amazing as we thought. It certainly helps, and does make you stronger, but it's not end of the world kind of boost, not even at 10.

EDIT: For PvE/WPvP 100% Crit > any other Secondary Stat is still generally superior. That is unless you're going for some crazy Haste build.

Versatility sucks at lv60.

Go with haste or Crit depending on your spec.

Versatility is really only good for warriors due to the burst window they have during Battle Cry, but even then it's iffy because you'd lose a lot of crit outside of that small window.

You also can't really get that much versatility at lv60 as a non-plate due to the lack of Gemslots they have.

Again, it's really only good for specific classes like Rogue or Warrior who have actual passive damage reduction (casted for rogue: Feint, 30% dmg wall, stacks with versa. Defensive stance for Warriors, passive 20% reduction, stacks with versa, Druids: Bear form, etc.)

Versatility is very iffy above lv29, it really only works with very specific classes and even then, you need an entire build to back it up because versatility alone won't do the trick.

I'd say stamina since it only matters in wpvp and there your main goal is to survive as long as you can.

I'd say stamina since it only matters in wpvp and there your main goal is to survive as long as you can.
Depending on what Character Level you're talking about Versa is far higher EHP than Stam is, point for point.

Eh, I always thought stam just came with the gear, unless for some reason you needed to stack those pure +stamina greens that you get all the time from random mobs. I don't really look for stamina but if I get a piece of gear that nets me, for example, -1 int +3 stam I'll probably switch out for the higher stam item.

Eh, I always thought stam just came with the gear, unless for some reason you needed to stack those pure +stamina greens that you get all the time from random mobs. I don't really look for stamina but if I get a piece of gear that nets me, for example, -1 int +3 stam I'll probably switch out for the higher stam item.

Ment like using stamina gems on 60-70. as it was mentioned depends on level.

Are their pure versatility builds ?

I’m running an almost pure vers build on my 39, 59 and 101. They are in my signature. It seems to work very well, especially bursty classes with no healing abilities.

I also stack on my 19 ret as it helps my Damage, healing and Damage I can take before I have to heal

But as mentioned earlier in this post, you don’t want to neglect stam

2.5 year old thread BTW...
As with all enchants you should weigh their effectiveness against other enchant options.
An example, I swap out one piece of exact same gear with an int enchant and toss a heal on myself. And then swap that exact piece of gear with a versatility enchant on it and do the same. The difference is easily ascertained. This is can be done with heirlooms.
One also has to consider the mitigation that versatility provides as well.

/cheers

Users who are viewing this thread