EU+US Unholy, Blood or Frost?

Unholy, Blood, or Frost?

• Total voters

Valanyr

Grandfathered
Hey guys, I decided that i am going to finish leveling my DK to 101 and make it a twink. I will be using it to boost my friends, farming and mainly just to have a relaxing time with it. I am thinking of going Unholy for the AoE damage and the single target damage to make dungeons faster etc.
However, i haven't seen any Unholy DK's and i'm pretty confused why. I thought Unholy would be best in situations like this and all i see is Blood and Frost DK's. I want people's opinions on the specs and why you thinking its the best etc.

Frost Dk is just too much fun.
Remorseless winter with gathering storm + Howling blast is just incredible AoE to be honest.
On single target, I just pulled 800k in a dungeon with breath of sindragosa.
My golden trait (frost breath dragon) can crit for 4.5 million if everything is aligned.

I would go frost, but I agree that unholy seems fun too.

Never tried it. :S

Remorseless winter with gathering storm + Howling blast is just incredible AoE to be honest.
My golden trait (frost breath dragon) can crit for 4.5 million if everything is aligned.

Okay thank you for the reply. I have a friend who is just about to test unholy for me :D

With him using the standard green weapon you get from the vendor. He told me he was doing 900k dps single target and the Val'kyr crit 1.18mil.
I think i'm probably going to give Unholy a go :D

Blood is boring AF but basically God mode. Unholy isn't quite the AOE monster it was when 7.0 hit but it's still fun. As far as I'm aware, Frost is top DPS currently (110 end game, of DK Specs) so if you're all about that deeps maybe pick Frost.

The reason people choose frost for dps is because of it's ability to farm specific things more effectively than other dps. For instance, I prefer frost for DHT speed runs while I farm leather and herb. I can clear the place faster using BoS or scythe specs than I can with UH, particularly because UH aoe takes longer to ramp up (plus you can lose your stacks before popping them if you crit the target too hard, rendering your aoe nullified).

I can't comment on single target, though. If I wanted the best single target dps I wouldn't make a DK ;)

I hope you're ready to be my new enemy :eek:
Lol, you realize my first 101 WAS a Blood DK. But I'm not wrong, I even watched some of your stream. While it's impressive to solo some Bosses in HFC and you have quite good DPS for a Tank, my god was it boring to watch ;) This is why I've started concentrating on other 101's of mine, my Shockadin and my incoming Demo lock. I would do Enh Shaman for the epeen but quite frankly I hate Enh and Ele (my preference) just isn't as OP as Enh so hard to bother.

What is more fun? UH or Frost?
Just my opinion, but I prefer Unholy for "fun" over Frost. This is merely a personal opinion and not based on specific Spec capabilities. Maybe it's because I'm a Hunter at heart (Main since TBC, and main LvL 10 Twink also since TBC) and Unholy in Legion reminds me a bit of Hunter type play.

I'm personally doing a frost dk, as the crit scaling for Frostscythe is just insanely strong for both AoE and ST

Blood is boring AF but basically God mode. Unholy isn't quite the AOE monster it was when 7.0 hit but it's still fun. As far as I'm aware, Frost is top DPS currently (110 end game, of DK Specs) so if you're all about that deeps maybe pick Frost.
I'm not massively concerned with the DPS as long as it doesn't take me 3 mins to kill a boss :p I mainly just want to have fun with it. I have an Enh shaman and a Vengeance DH but i just find those boring. Hopefully, i can enjoy my DK once it's 101 and just chill with it.

Unholy is nice ... the DPS is awesome and you can spec for AOE/ranged. You're basically a warlock running around dotting everything and stuff just dies following you ... fun. The AOE is INSANE !!!

Users who are viewing this thread