• Cus they get pwned by them in duels/pvp

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • Cus they associate the word with their sexual fetishes

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Cus they think it's too easy

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters

Tom Ganks

Just curious. Why do you think people hate on twinks in WoW?

I'll offer 1-2k for a quick WoD dung run for valor, and some noob asks what it's for. I proceed to tell him/her it's to upgrade a trinket of mine (which I like to him). He/she then goes out of his/her way to me to "just level up" instead of going through with the deal. I proceed to tell him I'm level-locked and/or twinked. Then he/she goes "exactly why I won't run you" (or something just as snarky).

Why do you suppose there's hate on us?
Imo, I would acknowledge them even if I didn't play in lower brackets. It's just weird how people brush it aside are willing to knock it. TBH, I don't see how obtaining OP gear at a low level wouldn't be fascinating to anyone.

Side question: Is the name "twink" really destroying it's appeal in the game? If so, should it be changed? I know we tried to change it to "xplock(ed)" or "tink" but that didn't seem to last long.

Got rekt in WSG too many times, their only payback is to hate / do weird shit like this.

I feel like it's this superiority thing. Not that they completely hate them, but the fact that twinks settle for a lower lvl. They might not be able to beat you at your level, so they see max lvl as a safe-zone where they can easily defeat anyone lower than them. It's like "I may not be stronger than others at endgame, but at least I'm stronger than you".

Well a lot of players got powned in GB's back in the day and still remember that. They are pretty much butthurt still, although, I have had some nice people run my twinks through dungeons even though I offered them gold, they just did it out of kindness, knowing I was a twink as well.

A decent amount of players on this game are just too focused on endgame, which is boring considering twinking is the alternative and better option.

Immature people(not to be confused with young people) hate because they have not learned to love. The gaming world is filled with examples of it. This site is a prime example of it. This Internet in general is a prime example.
Many many studies have been done on this very subject. The people that were studied never knew they were studied. They can't know, otherwise the research pool could be tainted.

The average WoW population has the IQ of a rock and an ego the size of an elephant. A lot of the endgamers are typically special deeds children who think they deserve every piece of gear they come across and are absolutely oblivious on how to actually enjoy the game, instead opting to mindlessly grind for pieces of virtual loot and rage when someone other than themself gets said virtual loot.

It boils down to a lack of understanding, trolls, close mindedness and still being mad about being camped in vanilla and TBC, in my honest opinion.

Side question: Is the name "twink" really destroying it's appeal in the game? If so, should it be changed? I know we tried to change it to "xplock(ed)" or "tink" but that didn't seem to last long.
Only to in the Closet, Gay-bashing Homophobes who have no grasp of the English Language. We are Twinks, we will always be Twinks, it doesn't matter how many idiots act like that term is indicative of something else, it's what it means to our Community. There are TONS of Terms/Words that mean different things in different context, this is exactly the same scenario.

Some twinks make fun of people that only play end-game because of the opinion that end-game content is boring therefore people that enjoy it must be stupid.

Some people make fun of twinks because they play old-content which is considered to be boring, so anyone who enjoys that must be stupid....or can't handle how much more difficult they perceive end-game abilities to be.

I think labeling regular players as "normies" is a step backwards and will only lead to more hatred of twinks, but with that being said; the superiority comment brought up by Roboartist
is probably the number one reason.

I remember telling a few people in a raiding guild about how I was going to twink at 109. I talked about how Aelobin put out the video of soloing the butcher at level 101 by using the soul capacitor to literally one-shot the boss. They said that there's nothing impressive about one-shotting an old boss and began to ask each other if it was hard to one-shot Ragnaros in an attempt to belittle me. I was dumbfounded by that one. They only made themselves look dumb there, but a good 3-4 of them went along with it, thinking it was funny. Somehow they felt superior and one of them did mention that they "cringed every time they saw that word" (twink). I left the guild a few days later after the same guys continued to have that condescending attitude towards me in g-chat. It was so weird going from friendly with these dudes to not so friendly over that.

2016 and people still think twinks only exist to beat levelers, f2p s and jajas

Tinks started out destroying levelers and establishing rivalries with other tinks (other faction,other guilds,other players) and that made a lot of the casuals upset because they could not move inside a low level bg without getting destroyed. Now here we are in Legion, doing it again.

Tinks started out destroying levelers and establishing rivalries with other tinks (other faction,other guilds,other players) and that made a lot of the casuals upset because they could not move inside a low level bg without getting destroyed. Now here we are in Legion, doing it again.

Except it starts balancing out in 20-29/30-39 when most people have all the slots filled. Then it just comes down to experience.

Given you already start the story calling them a "noob", my guess is they don't hate twinks, they hate you.

Actually, that was a judgement I made after he decided to tell me he "wasn't going to because I was a twink".

T20DcRJ.jpg

@Sketchbag

I remember telling a few people in a raiding guild about how I was going to twink at 109. I talked about how Aelobin put out the video of soloing the butcher at level 101 by using the soul capacitor to literally one-shot the boss. They said that there's nothing impressive about one-shotting an old boss and began to ask each other if it was hard to one-shot Ragnaros in an attempt to belittle me. I was dumbfounded by that one. They only made themselves look dumb there, but a good 3-4 of them went along with it, thinking it was funny. Somehow they felt superior and one of them did mention that they "cringed every time they saw that word" (twink). I left the guild a few days later after the same guys continued to have that condescending attitude towards me in g-chat. It was so weird going from friendly with these dudes to not so friendly over that.

That is called herd/mob mentality. It has been the subject of study as well. People on this site have shown signs of it.

Except twinks really don't "destroy" levelers in BGs because they are twinked out in Legion.

Users who are viewing this thread