4. Glyphs
5. Stats
6. Gear
7. Enchants
8. Consumables
9. Utilizing Your Rogue Correctly in Battlegrounds and Arenas

1. Abilities

Combo Points:
When Rogues use certain moves, they gain Combo Points. You can have up to five Combo Points at a time. The more Combo Points you spend, the more effective your finishing moves are.

Stealth:
What truly makes a rogue. Stealth allows you to be invisible to the naked eye, unless you get too close up next to your target. Watch out for hunters, they have track hidden and will see you if you go near them!

Ambush:
Your opening attack. Ambush is a move used while in Stealth, and it will deal a large burst of damage but unstealth you. It awards two Combo Points.

Sap:
Sap is arguably one of the most important moves a rogue has in PvP. Sap will allow you to lock down a player out of combat, incapacitating them for a long period of time. If used consecutively on the same target, sap will last shorter amounts of time. It can be used up to 3 times on the same target before they become “immune” to it for a while. Any damage done to the player sapped will break the sap, and they must not be in combat for it to be successful. Sap should be used to keep powerful players and healers out of commission for short periods of time.

Crippling Poison:
Crippling Poison causes each weapon strike to have a 50% chance to apply a slow to your target, making it a key mechanic for damaging your opponent.

Deadly Poison:
Deadly Poison applies a 50% chance on hit to deal nature damage over 12 seconds. Deadly Poison applications subsequent to them already being poisoned will afflict a small burst of damage.

Mutilate:
Your main source of burst damage. This move will always hit twice with one big hit followed by a smaller hit. Mutilate allows for plenty of chances for your poisons to be applied as well as elemental force procs (As well as other procs, for those who don't use elemental force). Mutilate awards 2 Combo Points.

Slice and Dice:
Slice and Dice is a buff that will increase your attack speed by 40% depending on how many combo points you have when you activate it. You should try to keep this active at all times out of Stealth.

Envenom:
This is what allows you to keep your momentum. Envenom has lower damage values than the Combat/Sub equivalent, Eviscerate, but has some effects that greatly make up for it. First and foremost, it refreshes your Slice and Dice thus allowing you to keep your 40% increased attack speed. Secondly, it increases the chance of your poisons being applied to the target by 30% for 2-6 seconds, depending on how many combo points you spend when using it. And lastly, if your poisons are already applied to the target then Envenom will increase your chances for instant damage procs off deadly poison.

Recuperate:
At the cost of your combo points, you can heal yourself for 3% hp over 6-30 seconds. When finishing something off and being afflicted with a dot at low health, this can sometimes be enough to save you.

Kick:
Kick will interrupt spell-casting and silence them from using any spells of that type for 5 seconds. This will allow you to cancel high damage spells as well as lock healers down for a little bit.

Gouge:
Allows you to stun the target for 4 seconds. Damage will break the stun, and you must be facing the target in order to use it. Good for crowd controlling and locking down healers and other threats for short periods of time while in combat.

Sprint:
Increases movement speed by 70% of 8 seconds. Sprint gives rogues a little bit more mobility so you can chase down those pesky flag runners and keep up with enemies. The cool-down is a minute, so it isn’t something that should be popped unless needed in the situation.

Evasion:
Evasion increases your dodge chance by 100% for 10 seconds. This does NOT make you invincible. Melee attacks will be unable to hit you from the front, but you can still be hit from behind and you will not dodge spells.

Distract:
Throws down a distraction, making players face wherever you throw it. It’s really only effective toward players who move using the keyboard and have a bad reaction time, but when it works it allows you to cause players to run into bad situations. An example of distract being used correctly would be to distract a flag carrier toward you so you can land a sap. This move is rarely useful, but when it works it’s nice.

Throw:
When there’s no hope of catching up to finish a target off, throw has got your back.. sometimes. Throw will deal a very small amount of damage from a distance, but if you’re using elemental force you can sometimes get a proc off using it.

2. Race

Recommendations:
Alliance: Human, Gnome, Night Elf
Horde: Troll, Goblin, Blood Elf, Orc

Human:
Because of the racial Every Man For Himself, humans can equip two stat trinkets and still have the effect of Insignia of the Alliance. With the addition of Versatility trinkets and 7 versatility through their racial passive at 29, Humans have the highest potential versatility and 20 of every base stat, thus making them a big threat as any class in the bracket

Night Elf:
With a whopping 24 base agility, Night Elves have the largest base agility. To compliment this, they also have Shadowmeld which can work as a vanish as well as 2% extra movement speed and dodge. They also receive 1% haste during the night and 1% crit during the day. Due to vanish not being available at 29, this makes Night Elves a favorite among Rogue players in the bracket.

Gnome:
Whether or not you love them or hate them, gnomes can make a pretty decent Rogue in this bracket. Gnomes get an extra 15 skill in engineering, allowing use of items like the Goblin Rocket Helmet. Thanks to the changes in Draenor, they’ve also received extra base energy and 1% haste at all times. Escape artist is a great tool for preventing being locked down by slows and other immobilization effects allowing Gnome Rogues to keep up with their targets. Lastly, Gnomes have a nice base agility of 22.

Dwarf:
While Dwarves may have received some love in draenor, they’re a bit outclasses by the other races. The biggest downside to making a Dwarf Rogue is their awful base agility, being only 16. Might of the Mountain allows Rogues to deal an additional 2% damage when they crit, which sounds nice but really isn’t that much and is luck reliant rather than consistent damage. Stoneform removes all poison, disease, curse, magic, and bleed effects allowing you to clear dots and restealth as well as take reduced damage for 10 seconds which is actually a pretty good racial. If you plan on making a Dwarf Rogue, I would prioritize crit over haste.

Worgen:
While I personally believe Worgen is a good race for Rogue, I wouldn’t say it’s one of the best. They have 22 base agility and 1% extra crit. Before the 24 bracket merged back into the 29 bracket, Rogues did not have access to sprint yet which made Darkflight a very useful racial ability. Now that we have sprint, Darkflight is still useful due to not sharing a cd with it, however it isn’t as much of a game changer. Having 2 sprints can be quite useful for tracking down flag runners and keeping up with opponents but that’s really the only distinct advantage you’ll have as a Worgen Rogue.

Pandaren:
Wait, Pandaren can be Rogues? With 18 base agility it’s easy to overlook them when making a twink, however they have a couple of nice racials. Quaking Palm gives Pandaren basically a second Gouge, allowing them to lock down their target for longer periods of time. Their racial Epicurean makes them receive 100% more of the stats from well fed effects. While this sounds really good, it unfortunately isn’t as useful now that the most common well fed buff used is from Felmouth Frenzies. They can however benefit from this racial by using a Fancy Darkmoon Feast. Refer to the consumables section of the guide for more information on buffs.

Zug-Zug:
Orcs have 2 pretty good perks. Blood Fury increases attack power for 15 seconds and Hardiness reduces the duration of stun effects afflicted to you by 10%. Despite having a base agility on the lower side, being 17, orcs can still dish out big burst damage due to Blood Fury.

Troll:
Trolls be really good mon’! With a base agility of 22, 15% reduced duration of movement impairing effects, and 10% health regeneration, Trolls are pretty well balanced. For those who used to use lifeblood before it was removed, berserking is a good replacement, granting 15% haste for 10 seconds.

Undead:
This guide isn’t by any means meant to discourage people who play the races with “worse” racials, you should play whatever fits you and have fun! That being said, while Undead have some nice abilities they seem a bit outclassed by the other races. Cannibalize allows you to eat Humanoid or Undead corpses. Any damage you take will cancel the effect and as a Rogue this is basically just asking somebody to come gank you. Touch of the Grave is a nice racial, causing your attacks to drain the target for some damage and healing you for the amount done. Will of the Forsaken is a half baked Insignia of the Horde, removing charm, fears, and sleep effects. Will of the Forsaken has a 30 second cd however, making it one of the faster racial cds. With 18 base agility, Undead suffer from having lower base agility than most of the other races.

Blood Elf:
Blood Elves have a niche in slaying spell-casters and healers, a key job of twink Rogues. Arcane Torrent silences all enemies within 8 yards around you for 2 seconds, and interrupts player casting for 3 seconds. It also restores 15 energy, making it a very useful tool for Rogues. Blood Elf Rogues also benefit from having an extra 1% crit and 22 base agility.

Goblin:
Goblins are truly a jack of all trades. They have 22 base agility, 1% haste, and 2 good racial abilities. Rocket Barrage shoots rockets at your enemy dealing a small amount of fire damage. Rocket Jump allows you to jump forward a fair distance. Due to Rocket Barrage having a low damage output, I would say Rocket Jump is the more useful ability, allowing you to jump to enemies trying to escape as well as get away from bad situations.

Note:
Rather than choosing what people say is best, I instead would go for what fits your play-style. While base stats and abilities matter at lower levels, they aren’t at all definitive of whether or not you’re going to do well.

3. Talents

Here’s where we get into the more opinionated parts of the guide.

Nightstalker:
I recommend this talent over the others. You’ll move 20% faster in Stealth at all times and deal 50% more damage with Ambush. Mobility is absolutely necessary for tracking down healers and flag carriers. You’re going to be spending lots of time stealthing, so you may as well move quickly in the process.

Subterfuge:
I do not recommend using this talent. As Assassination your damage is going to be coming from your Mutilates and poisons, not spamming Ambush.

Shadow Focus:
Some will argue this is the best Assassination talent because you’ll have more energy initially after Ambush, but I personally much prefer the speed at all times and bigger opener over 1 extra Mutilate.

4. Glyphs

Glyph of Energy (Recommended):
You get to have an extra 20 max energy. As an Assassination Rogue you already have 20 extra max energy, so this will put you at 140. Plus another 5% if you’re a gnome!

Glyph of Stealth (Viable):
Reduces your Stealth cool-down by 4 seconds. This is useful for stealthing in quicker intervals, but that’s about it.

Glyph of Ambush:
Increases the range of your Ambush by 5 yards. You’ve gotta get into melee range anyways, so no reason to go for a snipingAambush unless you’re just finishing players off. Maybe more use could be found for this glyph in Combat or Subtlety spec.

Glyph of Elusiveness (Viable):
This reduces the cool-down by 30 seconds (from 2 minutes) allowing the use of Evasion a little bit more often. Evasion is a very important tool for fighting melee as a rogue, and while those 30 seconds of it coming off cool-down could help in the right situation, it just doesn’t seem to be the most useful glyph in my opinion.

Glyph of Energy Flows (Viable):
You gain 10 energy every time you dodge while using Evasion. While I think this could be incredible in 1v1’s against other Rogues and melee in general, it’s situational. You only get Evasion every 2 minutes.

Glyph of Evasion (Viable):
We Rogues sure love our Evasion, don’t we? This one makes Evasion last for another 5 seconds. Blah blah situational, blah blah every 2 minutes.

Glyph of Gouge:
You no longer have to be in front of them to hit them with Gouge. Is this worth a glyph spot? I don’t think so, but do what you gotta do guys.

Glyph of Kick:
If you haven’t noticed by now, there’s quite a recurring pattern of Rogue glyphs being very situational. Your Kick has a longer cd (4 more seconds) but you get a 6 second reduction when you successfully interrupt a spell. Problem with this one is if they juke you by stopping casting and you waste your Kick, you’re in trouble now because of the longer cd. If you wanna use this one and be a terror to those healers, be careful not to waste it.

Glyph of Recovery (Viable):
Increases healing done to you from other players by 20% with Recuperate is active. If you’ve got healers or off healers, great! If you don’t, well then it’s pretty useless.

Glyph of Recuperate:
1% more healing from Recuperate. If you want more healing, please use Glyph of Recovery and run with some off healers or healers.

Glyph of Sprint (Recommended):
As a Worgen Rogue, I don’t find that I personally need this one. As other races without much mobility, the extra 30% speed bonus from this one can be a game changer for you when it comes to chasing people down. Though some frown upon it, speed pots are an alternative to lack of chasing ability or escape options.

Glyph of Deadly Momentum:
When you get a killing blow, your Slice and Dice refreshes along with Recuperate. We have Envenom for refreshing Slice and Dice so this is unnecessary.

Note:
As for Minor glyphs, Glyph of Blurred Speed is really the only one worth mentioning as it will allow you to cross over water in Arathi Basin.

5. Stats

Before I get into talking about stats, I would first like to cover what scaling is. Most new players to the bracket are unaware that when you enter a battleground, your items will scale up to item level 34. What this means is some of the lowest level weapons in the bracket yield the highest of certain stats. An example being the items from the Gilneas worgen chain quest. The Rallying Charge, from said quest chain, scales to a whopping 17 strength in bgs and arenas.

So what does this mean as far as building a rogue?

This means that you can prioritize certain stats over other stats, and build your character accordingly to what you want. The most common and regarded as efficient build for a rogue is stacking agility/attack power due to it’s great ability in bursting. Though this may sound like the miracle build for rogues, it comes at a cost. Most will refer to this as being a “Glass Cannon” due to having low hp values and being easily taken down.

Now that we’ve covered scaling, here’s information on stats

Agility/Attack Power:
For every Agility you get 1 Attack Power. Agility/Attack power are your most important stats, due to them increasing all damage you inflict on your opponent.

Haste:
Haste not only increases your attack speed, but also gives you a little more energy regeneration. Haste is a relatively important stat to Assassination and will affect your dps.

Critical Strike:
Crit gives you a chance for extra damage to be inflicted by your attacks. While I’m sure everybody wants to hit for those crazy big ambushes, crit isn’t exactly the most reliable stat and you’ll find you have a lot less of it due to the removal of agility giving crit.

Versatility:
Arguably your second most important stat, due to it increasing not only your damage output but your damage reduction. Versatility is just all around.. versatile for every class in the bracket.

Stamina:
Increases your max hp. Most will argue your job as a rogue is to dish out as much damage as you can before dying. Having a little stamina may help you stay alive a bit longer so you can do your job, but it isn’t worth stacking over other stats.

Multistrike:
I haven’t done much experimenting with Multistrike at this level, but I believe it’s been universally accepted as less efficient than Versatility. Why go for a 10% chance to deal a little extra damage when you have have increased damage and damage reduction at all times from versatility?

Dodge:
Don’t bother messing with this stat. Evasion will give you 100% dodge when you need it.

This is how I prioritize my stats

Agility > Versatility > Haste > Crit > Stamina

Some will argue Critical Strike over Haste, but my reasoning behind Haste being more important is that it’s more consistent. Having a little bit of crit will benefit you at times, however Haste will always allow you to attack and regenerate energy faster.

6. Gear

I’ve got 2 builds here and your options in making them.

The first is a typical Heirloom styled stat efficiency build.
The Second build is going to be all about that Agility/Attack power, which is more attuned to the build I and a lot of other rogues in the bracket use. If you aren’t familiar with scaling please refer to part 5. of this guide or search about it.

(The items I personally recommend I will list first, then I’ll list other options next to said item.)

Build 1

Head: Stained Shadowcraft Helm, Rifle Commander’s Eyepatch (Alliance only)
Neck: Eternal Will of the Martyr, Scorched Scarlet Key, Sentinel's Medallion/Scout’s Medallion
Shoulders: Exceptional Stormcraft Shoulders, Stained Shadowcraft Spaulders
Cloak: Inherited Cape of the Black Baron, Jungle Spirits’ Embrace
Chest: Stained Shadowcraft Tunic, Gloomshroud Armor
Bracers: Lightblade Bracer, Bands of Serra’kis
Gloves: Hound Trainer’s Gloves, Vigorous Handguards of the Bandit, Ashen Gloves (Alliance Only), Gloves of the Fang
Belt: Highlander’s Leather Girdle, Vigorous Belt of the Bandit
Pants: Stained Shadowcraft Pants, Trollsbane Leggings
Boots: Boots of the Foolhardy, Feet of the Lynx/Standard Issue Prison Shoes
Ring Options: Admiral Taylor’s Loyalty Ring, Ring of Vigorous Interruption, Dread Pirate Ring, Jalin's Recompense (Alliance Only), Charged Gears/Heavy Silver Rings
Trinket 1: Defending Champion, Touch of the Void, Inherited Mark of Tyranny, Swift Hand of Justice, Arena Grandmaster
Trinket 2: Insignia of the Alliance/Horde (Unless you’re Human)
Weapon 1: Sharpened Scarlet Kris, Talon of Vultros
Weapon 2: Balanced Heartseeker

Build 2

Head: Stained Shadowcraft Helm, Slither-dog Headguard/Not-Scratchy Helm
Neck: Sentinel's Medallion/Scout's Medallion (the level 18 version for scaling), Eternal Will of the Martyr
Shoulders: Exceptional Stormcraft Shoulders, Stained Shadowcraft Spaulders, Cloaked Shoulderpads of Agility
Cloak: Glowing Lizardscale Cloak, Parachute Cloak (Preferably with the GF’d 12 agility enchant), Inherited Cape of the Black Baron
Chest: Gloomshroud Armor, Tunic of Westfall (Grandfathered), Armor of the Fang, Blackened Defias Armor (Grandfathered)
Bracers: Emissary Cuffs of Agility, Emissary Cuffs of Power, Bands of Serra’kis
Gloves: Gloves of the Fang/Metalworking Gloves (Grandfathered BoE), Foreman’s Gloves, Ashen Gloves (Alliance Only)
Belt: Highlander’s Leather Girdle
Pants: Troll’s Bane Leggings, Stained Shadowcraft Pants, Petrolspill Leggings (Sadly 1 agility less than Troll’s Bane with scaling)
Boots: Feet of The Lynx/Standard Issue Prison Shoes/Blackened Defias Boots (Grandfathered BoE)
Ring Options: 2 Charged Gears of Agility/ 1 Charged Gear of Agility and 1 Heavy Silver Ring of Agility, Jalin’s Recompose (Alliance Only) and Charged Gear of the Monkey/Heavy Silver Ring of the Monkey
Trinket 1: Touch of the Void, Defending Champion, Swift Hand of Justice, Inherited Mark of Tyranny, Arena Grandmaster
Trinket 2: Insignia of the Alliance/Horde (Unless you’re Human)
Weapon 1: Blackvenom Blade (Grandfathered BoE), Talon of Vultros, Prison Shank (Grandfathered), Sentinel’s Blade/Scout’s Blade (the level 18 version for scaling), Assassin’s Blade
Weapon 2: Blackvenom Blade (Grandfathered BoE), Talon of Vultros (If you want to use 2 Talon’s, you need the level 7 AND the level 11 version due to them being unique), Prison Shank (Grandfathered), Balanced Heartseeker

Note:
If you stumble across having a toon with a headpiece enchanted, that could be better than the helmets listed.
Also note that Blackvenom Blade will NOT break Sap with it’s proc.

7. Enchants

Again, I’m going to list from left to right what I think is best to worst.

Head: Head enchants are grandfathered and can no longer be obtained, but if you’ve got one good for you!
Neck: Gift of Versatility, Gift of Haste, Gift of Critical Strike, Gift of Multistrike
Shoulders: Greater Tiger Claw Inscription, Greater Inscription of the Blade
Cloak: Gift of Versatility, Gift of Haste, Gift of Critical Strike, Gift of Multistrike
Chest: Enchant Chest Glorious Stats (+2 Stats), Enchant Chest Superior Stamina (+5 Stamina)
Bracers: Enchant Bracer - Greater Assault
Gloves: Enchant Gloves - Major Agility
Belt: Cannot be enchanted
Pants: Shadowleather Leg Armor
Boots: Minor Speed
Rings: Gift of Versatility, Gift of Haste, Gift of Critical Strike, Gift of Multistrike
Trinkets: Cannot be enchanted
Weapons: Elemental Force, Dancing Steel, Mark of Warsong, Mark of the Thunderlord

Note:
Elemental Force is a key enchant to Assassination due to its ability to proc off of just about everything. While Dancing Steel may be more enticing because of its offer of Agility, it generally fits Combat and Subtlety more than Assassination. Most Sub/Combat rogues use Elemental Force anyways because of the consistent damage and plentiful procs.

8. Consumables

Whether or not you approve of them, they’re available and people are using them. I’m not going to spend too much time on this part of the guide due to the sheer number of different consumables, but I’ll go over the more basic and most often used ones.

Well Fed:
Well fed is a buff achieved from eating foods. There’s foods out there that will increase a certain stat of yours for a while if you consume the food for 10 seconds or longer. The most notable rogue food out there right now is the Felmouth Frenzy, which will give the player a chance on hit to unleash some relatively powerful felbolts to damage the target. This adds to your burst and makes being a rogue a lot easier. Another food utilized is the Darkmoon Fancy Feast, which gives all players that eat from it increased versatility. This makes it good for the entire group! Also note that pandaren receive double the stats from well fed due to their racial.

Elixirs:
Elixir of Agility: 8 agility for an hour
Elixir of Greater Defense: 9 armor for an hour
Elixir of Fortitude: 268 hp for an hour
Elixir of Minor Accuracy: 10 critical strike for an hour
Strong Troll’s Blood Elixir: 6 hp every 5 seconds for an hour
Elixir of Minor Agility: 8 agility for an hour
Catseye Elixir: Improves stealth detection for 20 minutes. Yikes!

Potions:
Greater Healing Potion: Restores 735 hp instantly
Swiftness Potion: Increases movement speed by 50% for 15 seconds

Oil:
Shadow Oil: Gives the user a 15% chance to unleash a shadow bolt on the target.

Scrolls:
Scroll of Agility: Increases target's agility by 3 for 30 minutes
Scroll of Agility 2: Increases target’s agility by 5 for 30 minutes

Note:
If somebody would like to post other notable consumables in the comments, feel free to and I might add them to the guide eventually if necessary.

9. Utilizing Your Rogue Correctly in Battlegrounds and Arenas

Your job as a Rogue really comes down to what needs to be done in the situation. As an Assassination Rogue in the 29 bracket, or Rogue in general you should really be doing a number of things. Because of Stealth you can be just about anywhere your team needs you to be and focus on whatever is needed in order for you team to succeed.

Battlegrounds:
Things you could be doing in Warsong Gulch:

- Take the berserker buff from huts to prevent the opposing team from using it
- Stop the enemy team from getting the flag
- Help get your own flag carrier across the field
- Peel onto the EFC and call out where they’re heading
- Take advantage of stack debuffs when both teams are holding the flags and go for a hard return
- Take out healers in group fights, such as when clashing in middle at the start.
- Lock down healers with crowd control abilities
- Take out CC threats, such as Mages and Warlocks
- Lock down stronger players so they can’t join a team fight.

The same really applies to other Battlegrounds, though obviously instead of focusing on flags returns you’re focusing on taking and defending nodes.

Arenas:
The days of Rogues one shotting players are mostly over, and in fact if you should have rolled a Feral Druid if that’s what you were looking to do. In Arenas you’re going to run into Ret Paladins, Monks, Feral Druids, and all sorts of wonderfully powerful classes that will shatter you to pieces. Your job in Arenas is pretty simple. Lock down one target with cc, burst down another as fast as you can. I recommend running with another class that’s high in burst and can off heal or a healer in general, because you will die rather fast in arena’s if there’s nothing to keep you alive. You will never 1v1 a Brewmaster Monk that knows how to press Guard, so you need to rely on your partner to keep you alive through the kegs when going up against one. If you’re playing in a tournament or something where Ferals and BM’s are banned, your survivability will probably be less of an issue.

Conclusion:
Thanks for reading my guide, I hope some people find use out of this and won’t have to scour the forum searching for items and recommendations. Of course a large sum of the material here is based on my opinions and searching to see what other people have to say can be beneficial. If some information I said is just blatantly wrong, let me know! I wish all you Assassination rogues good luck, and enjoy the buffs we got!

Last edited by a moderator:
A few suggestions from a fellow guide author

Make certain titles with bigger fonts and try to get some colors that feel good to the eye

Pretty solid on the rest

Yeah, I'm not exactly the best at making text look appealing, and this is my first guide (not to try and make excuses). That being said my focus was more on the information and putting it out there for those who have been having a hard time finding it. Maybe over time I'll make it look nicer and easier on the eyes.

Yeah, I'm not exactly the best at making text look appealing, and this is my first guide (not to try and make excuses). That being said my focus was more on the information and putting it out there for those who have been having a hard time finding it. Maybe over time I'll make it look nicer and easier on the eyes.

naga plz

my first guide was approved

A few suggestions from a fellow guide author

Make certain titles with bigger fonts and try to get some colors that feel good to the eye

Pretty solid on the rest

Turkeybacon doesn't need you advice bro. He's a god among men. You are a peon. He is a giant. You do not stand on his shoulders you lay under his feet. Check your privilege, know your place. You are on the bottom of the food chain.

Turkeybacon doesn't need you advice bro. He's a god among men. You are a peon. He is a giant. You do not stand on his shoulders you lay under his feet. Check your privilege, know your place. You are on the bottom of the food chain.

Feel like that was a line from Superman v Batman ;o

except double BvB isn't bis at all for assass. Talon is Bis for the slower wep n harder hit. Gear>Swag

Eh, maybe at 20. I haven't tested it at 29, I just happened to have the BvB's to begin with. While the slower speed could land a bigger ambush and bigger mutilates, the higher base agility and procs would likely deal more damage in the long run but in smaller initial burst. People should just use what fits their play style, if there was a definitive best build I wouldn't have posted all the other gear options.

Tbh I'd probably like to get a level 11 Talon for the purpose of arenas.

I thought rogues weren't using BVB MH because it can proc when you sap and break sap?

I've never seen that happen and I've been running 2 for a long time. I don't know who said that it does to begin with, but even if it could the proc rate is pretty low. People main hand Shadowfang, which has a chance on proc and I'm pretty sure that doesn't break sap so I don't see why BvB would.

Last edited by a moderator:
After spending about half an hour sapping things and staring at my combat log I can confirm it won't proc off of sap. I have a video to post on it if really necessary but I'm not sure anyone wants to sit through a video of me pressing sap over and over.

Users who are viewing this thread