Trial of Valor Appearances

Waves

Grandfathered
Hey guys, I haven't posted an actual thread in awhile - but I stumbled upon this and I thought it was pretty neat. Apologies if it's already known. The appearance sets from Trial of Valor are able to be transmogged on twinks. I discovered this after getting it on my 110 enhance shaman, and then checking my 29 Resto Shaman on the off-chance that it would be use-able for xmog, and lo-and behold it was! Here's a screenshot with some of the pieces, not all of the pieces are being shown because my 29 is outdated and not wearing full-mail. Cheers, hope this was useful.

Also worth noting that different versions of the appearance drop depending on the difficulty. I got the LFR version off of Normal Guarm. The normal version drops from the 1000 bones quest of Odyn, and the heroic version drops off heroic. So on and so forth.

Going to be displeased to find out this is yet ANOTHER thing blizz carelessly oversees and hot-fixes. Because this seems too good to be true

I know, I'm scrambling to xmog it on all my mail-wearing twinks. Rarest xmog set I have now other than the dark shaman set I got on my 29.

o m f g

Does anyone know if this appearance is available through LFR?

Yes, supposedly. I got the quest in LFR, so i'd almost say definitely.... but Blizz screws me with that nonsense all the time.

Not knowing how it worked, just that it was the ToV raid i queued LFR and got in at the last boss and after a few tries we downed her. Nothing about the quest, so i queued again and got in at the beginning, got the quest from odyn, and then couldnt loot the souls off of the next heyla.... because i had already killed her once this week.

Got 55/1000 off of guarm and saw others looting 101 off of helya. That's quite a while just doing LFR... and i'm guessing they will level-lock the transmog the week before i can get it, because i'm 101 shorter due to filling a left spot before the quest. :/

Yes, supposedly. I got the quest in LFR, so i'd almost say definitely.... but Blizz screws me with that nonsense all the time.

Not knowing how it worked, just that it was the ToV raid i queued LFR and got in at the last boss and after a few tries we downed her. Nothing about the quest, so i queued again and got in at the beginning, got the quest from odyn, and then couldnt loot the souls off of the next heyla.... because i had already killed her once this week.

Got 55/1000 off of guarm and saw others looting 101 off of helya. That's quite a while just doing LFR... and i'm guessing they will level-lock the transmog the week before i can get it, because i'm 101 shorter due to filling a left spot before the quest. :/

Hopefully we'll be able to get the gear before they do fix it. My current leatherwearer doesn't have the ilvl required to get accepted into pugs, but it can do the LFR version. I'll do it on my mage as well. Those are the 2 armor types I only really care about though. Especially leather.

Users who are viewing this thread