Transmog Glitch by Mvq

Snack

Salty
As you all probably know, Mvq made an incredible discovery recently. He posted about it in a thread that now seems to have been deleted. Later Turtle made a new thread, a sort of troll thread to be honest, in which he reposted the discovery. It obviously got deleted since he took credit for Mvq's work.

Now, I'm not here to take credit for anything, I simply feel like the work done by Mvq, is of such usefulness to twinks of every level, that it would be a complete waste and shame to not make it available for everyone. I hope for the sake of every twink struggling with the Legion transmog system, that the mods and Mvq will let this thread stay unlocked, so that it will be visible to everyone.

Now enough talk, here is what Mvq discovered, and how to actually do it.

What does it do?
In the 7.0 patch the new transmog system was implemented, that among other things limited your transmog options; you are now only able to mog items that are of your primary armor type, i.e. rogues can only mog leather items, warriors can only mog plate items etc.
What this method does is that it allows you to mog items even though they're not your primary armor type. For instance a rogue can now transmog the cloth boots that he is wearing into another pair of cloth boots.

It does not allow you to transmog a pair of leather boots into a pair of cloth boots, and not the other way around either. The same rules for transmogging that we know from before 7.0 still applies.

How do you do it?
First of all you need to download this AddOn, Can I Mog It?

Then you need to log in -> Go to Game Menu (Escape button) -> Interface -> AddOns -> Can I Mog It? -> And activate Debug Tooltip.
It should look like this:
whd9lkd.png

Then you need to copy this script (I suggest saving it in a Notepad file):
Code:
/script local SourceID = ###; local slotID = ###; C_Transmog.SetPending(slotID, LE_TRANSMOG_TYPE_APPEARANCE, SourceID);

Now what you have to do, is find the transmog item you need. We'll use my level 29 rogue as example: I have equipped a pair of cloth boots; Goblin Rocket Boots and want them transmogged into Spidersilk Boots. I then find the pair of Spidersilk Boots, it can either be linked in chat, or be in your bags / on the AH. Click or hover over the item, and this should be what you see:
7gMISD8.png

The only information you need from this is the "Item sourceID":
9tSbQQM.png

In this case it's 1691.

If you cannot find the item in your bags, or on the AH, you can always go to www.wowhead.com, find the item and press the "Links" button:
47ktOIK.png

Then this will appear:
uOXevEs.png

And you simply just copy the "Ingame Link" and post it ingame in chat.

Now the second thing you need, is the item slot number, or "slotID".
Turtle made this picture which illustrates perfectly what number you need for every slot:
KCZC8UJ.png

In this case it's 8.

Now we go back to our script from before:
Code:
/script local SourceID = ###; local slotID = ###; C_Transmog.SetPending(slotID, LE_TRANSMOG_TYPE_APPEARANCE, SourceID);
Replace the "###" with the sourceID and slotID, in our case:
Code:
/script local SourceID = 1691; local slotID = 8; C_Transmog.SetPending(slotID, LE_TRANSMOG_TYPE_APPEARANCE, SourceID);
Copy the script when you're done, and move to the Transmogrifier, speak to him, and post the script in chat. Viola, you should now have transmogged your item.

Important!
In order to transmog items that are not your primary armor type, like Spidersilk Boots on a rogue, you need to have learned the appearence on a character that uses cloth as their main armor type, like priest, warlock or mage, since Spidersilk Boots are cloth. Same goes if you wanted to mog some leather boots, you would have to have learned the leather boots appearence on a druid, monk or rogue.

If you're trying to mog Lucky Fishing Hat, you need to have atleast 1 skill in Fishing.

All credits for this method and discovery goes to @Mvq . And if you feel an urge to like this post, I encourage you to instead send him a PM on XPoff letting him know how much you appreciate his work.

This is a really welcoming and positive post, I hope nothing happens to it!
Joking aside, let this stay up this time. It's wonderful that Mvq shared it with us and has helped many twonks to complete their purdy mogs.

This is wrong imo, if Mvq wants to take down the thread and keep the information confidential, he should be able to. Not to mention this is posted on XPOff, where mods will likely take down this thread if Mvq requests of it.

Why was the original thread deleted though?

Because he wasn't getting the response he wanted from the community. That's the problem with sharing information on a public forum. 90% of the users are leechers.

This is wrong imo, if Mvq wants to take down the thread and keep the information confidential, he should be able to. Not to mention this is posted on XPOff, where mods will likely take down this thread if Mvq requests of it.

Because he wasn't getting the response he wanted from the community. That's the problem with sharing information on a public forum. 90% of the users are leechers.
This became free content as soon as it was published, you cannot own information.

This became free content as soon as it was published, you cannot own information.

Regardless, expect a request from Mvq to have this taken down. People spend a lot of time trying to find out loopholes in the system, and many of them choose not to share it freely. I understand there will be reposts, but reposts in the same exact forums where the OP wanted to have it removed? That doesn't make any sense at all.

Regardless, expect a request from Mvq to have this taken down. People spend a lot of time trying to find out loopholes in the system, and many of them choose not to share it freely. I understand there will be reposts, but reposts in the same exact forums where the OP wanted to have it removed? That doesn't make any sense at all.
lmao, he wanted more likes and he didnt get em so he took it away..?
What do you expect from all users to do with the information posted?

What the "Can I Mog it?" addon provides is the ability to get the item's source ID. It also provides other valueble tooltip information. Unless MVP created this addon he cannot take credit for it.
However, he may have shared the script that he worked for four hours to perfect. And for that we should thank him. In fact, some of us did in that very thread. Some of us, including myself, also shared our own scripts for transmogrifying items. The two in particular that I shared were the Lucky Fishing Hat and Noble's Fancy Boots.

If the administration feels that threads such as these need to be beyond "prying eyes" it can be easily rectified by creating a private forum for members that have either donated or been a part of the site for a given time.

What the "Can I Mog it?" addon provides is the ability to get the item's source ID. It also provides other valueble tooltip information. Unless MVP created this addon he cannot take credit for it.
However, he may have shared the script that he worked for four hours to perfect. And for that we should thank him. In fact, some of us did in that very thread. Some of us, including myself, also shared our own scripts for transmogrifying items. The two in particular that I shared were the Lucky Fishing Hat and Noble's Fancy Boots.

If the administration feels that threads such as these need to be beyond "prying eyes" it can be easily rectified by creating a private forum for members that have either donated or been a part of the site for a given time.
He didn't write the AddOn afaik.

And can you link the Noble's Fancy Boots script again? I can't get it to work since it says "Not Learned" on all my characters except the one that actually has them in it's bag.

He didn't write the AddOn afaik.

And can you link the Noble's Fancy Boots script again? I can't get it to work since it says "Not Learned" on all my characters except the one that actually has them in it's bag.
nvm, apparently it worked after making it untradeable on the character that acquired them by mogging them on that character first

I simply feel like the work done by Mvq, is of such usefulness to twinks of every level, that it would be a complete waste and shame to not make it available for everyone.

imo those who deserve to know it - know it already.
Keep on reposting this will only lead to it being fixed sooner + discourage anyone else from posting such information in future.
The guy said he spend 3-4 hrs trying before he came up with all this. If anything, his opinion should be valued.

I'd like this to be taken down. I don't want it to be fixed. As SPQR said, the people who should know about this already know about it. I feel like this Thread is just a weak attempt to be the white knight of the week.

Users who are viewing this thread