EU+US Top tink Series 2015: Monk

Top Monk?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dorigon

Alpha and Omega
Ok, let's get this started. Monk is first, will see if there is enough interest and votes. I and my committee objectively chose 10 monks. I know there are other talented and deserving monks that didn't get included, so if you didn't get included, sorry. It is always a bit sad after I make a poll because I get approached with names that should have been in, but I'm not perfect.

Please read before voting! :rolleyes:

Aoitsaka
This guy has shown a lifetime devotion to monks. Word is that he has three 19 monks on Bleeding Hollow alone, one of each spec. Aoitsaka gets some points for solo queuing pugs on his monks, and has shown the skills necessary to get attention from some top guilds.

Blackoutgodx
Formerly known as Blackout on a 19 rogue on EU, he has made his way to greener pastures and made his mark on US. Latching on to Tapout and Livingforce in <Twenty was too Hard>, Blackout quickly made a name for himself on this side of the Atlantic by streaming some 19s premades. That said, some viewers of the stream think he needs to continue practicing.

Conq
In voting for Conq, one must separate Conq the monk from Conq the man. Conq the man is a great inspiration for the 19s community, but I'll be honest that I don't know anything about Conq the monk, other than that he has impressed 170+ twink accounts to the point of being their leader. Maybe someone can give a bit of insight on his monk play.

Curleyrollsu
Back in MoP, Curleyrollsu was a big name in the 19 twink game. He had great fundamentals, brilliant intangibles, and no lag. These days, Curleyrollsu is so busy with squatting and eating that his monk skills have waned. While he continues to keep a grip on his A-Team spot in <Skill Ratio>, if his play doesn't improve soon, the end may soon be near.

Marblea
Some months ago, Marblea announced his arrival on the 19 twink scene in the 19 Bodybuilding Cup. While being a late entrant, he got enough write-in votes to secure a second place finish after Moran. With solid monk play and a slew of follow-up threads on TI, Marblea has firmly established his place in the 19 monk echelon.

Neaptinker
This guy likes to claim he established the MW spec, but really, there have always been some impressive MW monks. By all accounts, Neaptinker has become pretty solid at the mistweaver spec, and has possibly popularized it somewhat too.

Skeezin
Originally from the EU, Skeezin made his way to the NA client early and made a name for himself. Lacking the obnoxiousness of some other EUers, he quickly endeared himself to the Americans and Aussies, impressing them with his BM monk play. These days he finds himself as the A-Team BM monk of <Harvest>.

Superslam
Last summer, the RBG Hero team came out of nowhere to claim second place in the inaugural Twink Cup. A large part of that was because of Superslam, who played a hunter maybe. This year he has rerolled as a BM monk, and is now gathering the RBG Heroes to once again make an attempt at Twink Cup glory, this time for a much bigger prize pool.

Toxicbrew
A dark horse candidate, Toxicbrew is so unknown that he isn't even guilded. However, many people often see him in the pickup gulches, willing his team to victory. This candidate is a man of the people, seeking no glory in premades or under prestigious guild tags. He is a blue collar monk, unglamorously throwing barrels in one game after another.

Vereleaa
Another monk who I know nothing about I've maybe seen him one time ever, but he comes with glowing recommendations. Word is that he is a multi rank 1 gladiator, an RBG Hero, and has some other accolades that I forgot. He is the MW monk on Superslam's RBG Hero team, so we all expect to see some great things from him in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
wonder if ill get any votes....

edit: voted for aoisaka because he of his WW play although i believe skeezin is the better BM monk

Skeezin has impressed me far more than any other monk ever since his arrival on US. Aoitsaka is definetly an up and coming 19 star but as of now my vote goes to Skeezin.

fckin iphone

Skeezin is ridiculous. I had now clue where he came from or when he came from but I'm glad he's here.

Always switching over to the faction that's been on a losing streak.

Edit: Although I perhaps like Curley more for leadership / support on a team. I have not had the pleasure of premading with Skeezin or playing in Skype with him, which is where my fancy for Curley is from. Based on skill alone and the impression of skill which I have seen being displayed in PUGs I'd say Skeezin edges him out.

Conq
170+ twink accounts to the point of being their leader. Maybe someone can give a bit of insight on his monk play.

100 of those accounts got the boot.

I hope you do one of these for every class!

Last edited:
Ok, let's get this started. Monk is first, will see if there is enough interest and votes. I and my committee objectively chose 10 monks. I know there are more good monks, and if you didn't get included, sorry but life isn't always fair. Please read before voting! :rolleyes:

Aoitsaka
This guy has shown a lifetime devotion to monks. Word is that he has three 19 monks on Bleeding Hollow alone, one of each spec. Aoitsaka gets some points for solo queuing pugs on his monks, and has shown the skills necessary to get attention from some top guilds.

Blackoutgodx
Formerly known as Blackout on a 19 rogue on EU, he has made his way to greener pastures and made his mark on US. Latching on to Tapout and Livingforce in <Twenty was too Hard>, Blackout quickly made a name for himself on this side of the Atlantic by streaming some 19s premades. That said, some viewers of the stream think he needs to continue practicing.

Conq
In voting for Conq, one must separate Conq the monk from Conq the man. Conq the man is a great inspiration for the 19s community, but I'll be honest that I don't know anything about Conq the monk, other than that he has impressed 170+ twink accounts to the point of being their leader. Maybe someone can give a bit of insight on his monk play.

Curleyrollsu
Back in MoP, Curleyrollsu was a big name in the 19 twink game. He had great fundamentals brilliant intangibles, and no lag. These days, Curleyrollsu is so busy with squatting and eating that his monk skills have waned. While he continues to keep a grip on his A-Team spot in <Skill Ratio>, if his play doesn't improve soon, the end may soon be near.

Marblea
Some months ago, Marblea announced his arrival on the 19 twink scene in the 19 Bodybuilding Cup. While being a late entrant, he got enough write-in votes to secure a second place finish after Moran. With solid monk play and a slew of follow-up threads on TI, Marblea has firmly established his place in the 19 monk echelon.

Neaptinker
This guy likes to claim he established the MW spec, but really, there have always been some impressive MW monks. By all accounts, Neaptinker has become pretty solid at the mistweaver spec, and has possibly popularized it somewhat too.

Skeezin
Originally from the EU, Skeezin made his way to the NA client early and made a name for himself. Lacking the obnoxiousness of some other EUers, he quickly endeared himself to the Americans and Aussies, impressing them with his BM monk play. These days he finds himself as the A-Team BM monk of <Harvest>.

Superslam
Last summer, the RBG Hero team came out of nowhere to claim second place in the inaugural Twink Cup. A large part of that was because of Superslam, who played a hunter maybe. This year he has rerolled as a BM monk, and is now gathering the RBG Heroes to once again make an attempt at Twink Cup glory, this time for a much bigger prize pool.

Toxicbrew
A dark horse candidate, Toxicbrew is so unknown that he isn't even guilded. However, many people often see him in the pickup gulches, willing his team to victory. This candidate is a man of the people, seeking no glory in premades or under prestigious guild names. He has a blue collar monk, unglamorously throwing barrels in one game after another.

Vereleaa
Another monk who I know nothing about I've maybe seen him one time ever, but he comes with glowing recommendations. Word is that he is a multi rank 1 gladiator, an RBG Hero, and has some other accolades that I forgot. He is the MW monk on Superslam's RBG Hero team, so we all expect to see some great things from him in the future.

YES! It's been way too long since Dory polls!

My boy Laurenti is playin the long game boys! Keep them bets comin!

/excited

Cheers!

Lacking the obnoxiousness of some other EUers

I hope you understand the definition of "obnoxious". I know many Skill Ratio members enjoy using big words and such but you should really try to understand the words first before using them to avoid embarrassment

I hope you understand the definition of "obnoxious". I know many Skill Ratio members enjoy using big words and such but you should really try to understand the words first before using them to avoid embarrassment

Bra you're letting dory get to you too easy.

btw dory those descriptions were highly entertaining thank you for this thread

While on the one hand things like this are why I can't ever really take 19s seriously, this kind of format would have been cool for the tournament once sign ups had been confirmed. A way for people not used to the bracket to get to know the players appearing in the tournament.

And not a 'best of', but a list of the players of each class for each confirmed team and the general opinion/rating like Dori wrote in the OP.

Maybe we can see something like that anyway.

I realize you may feel that some people do not act in an obnoxious manner, but that doesn't invalidate my own opinion. Either way, this thread is about the monks, so let's try to avoid the potentially derailing drivel!

While on the one hand things like this are why I can't ever really take 19s seriously, this kind of format would have been cool for the tournament once sign ups had been confirmed. A way for people not used to the bracket to get to know the players appearing in the tournament.

And not a 'best of', but a list of the players of each class for each confirmed team and the general opinion/rating like Dori wrote in the OP.

Maybe we can see something like that anyway.

Yea, I actually considered that last year, but had gone inactive for a long enough time that I was out of touch. Definitely would be cool to have a write-up of each team, I will consider doing it myself if approached. This poll is meant to be separate from the Twink Cup - it is a tradition that has gone on for a few years, but skipped 2014.

I always love these threads from you dory. Sucks I don't see my boy ondura on here at all. He's the top monk in my opinion, but since he wasn't on list, I voted for skeezin, cuz his bm play is astounding.

Yea, I actually considered that last year, but had gone inactive for a long enough time that I was out of touch. Definitely would be cool to have a write-up of each team, I will consider doing it myself if approached. This poll is meant to be separate from the Twink Cup - it is a tradition that has gone on for a few years, but skipped 2014.

Fair enough. I think it was written really well.

Yeah, would be nice to see something like that. I'd love to know more about the teams and players.

I realize you may feel that some people do not act in an obnoxious manner, but that doesn't invalidate my own opinion. Either way, this thread is about the monks, so let's try to avoid the potentially derailing drivel!

We'll it surprises me you're ignorant enough to judge a community so specifically and rudely, but then again your opinion or racism isn't to my concern.

Anyway I think Aoitsaka is a pretty sick ww but I voted for Marb because there's more to life than gameplay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread