EU+US Top tink Series 2015: Mage

Top Mage?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dorigon

Alpha and Omega
My apologies for the long wait - been busy moving for some time now. Maybe I said the order would be a bit different, but mage is the next class we are doing. This will go back to a public poll - maybe not for good, but I want to try it again and see how it feels. Mage is a very sparse class right now; included some more recently active mages, and some who don't play so much but have the skill and name recognition to make up for it.

Balditron
One of the relatively few returnees from the original Top Twink Series, Balditron now seeks to make another bid for finals glory. In 2012, he actually did get to the finals, but got overwhelmed by the likes of Saxxon, Hurrx, and Dasfizzla. A relatively recent immigrant from the EU, Balditron may do surprisingly well in this poll despite his mysteriousness due to having some crossover appeal on both continents.

Fatherasf(Lukenukem)
Lukenukem is the first candidate on this list who is banned from TI. Word is that he was banned for having a negative reputation. I've never witnessed this in-game, but Luke must be internet famous or something. Known for lightning fast scrolls and some solid mage skills, Fatherasf was a late addition to this poll. He is perhaps not as recognizable as some other characters on that list, but voters shouldn't necessarily hold that against him.

Fearthebuns(Hunnybuns)
Many of the mages on this list have come a long way in the 19s twinking bracket. HB is one of those cases. Overcoming some very humble beginnings in , HB has now made a couple of his own 19 twink guilds and found 3rd place glory in last year's Twink Cup. Coming back with a vengeance in his new guild , he now seeks first place this time around, albeit on a druid rather than a mage.

Grizzlefoot
Perhaps better known as a hunter these days, Grizzlefoot has come a long way since his time as a goblin shaman in on Azgalor. Having rerolled as a mage, he built up a reputation as one of the top players of the class before diversifying his play. Even though he plays a variety of classes now, Grizzlefoot is still very recognizable on his night elf mage that he is known for playing frost spec as.

Ilovemydogxo(Uraflamer)
The second TI-banned candidate in this mage poll is another very well-known mage. Uraflamer used to just be a nice guy, but through prolonged contact with people like Barb and Restosexual, has developed a negative reputation. Some voters may keep this in mind when choosing the top mage, but he has proved himself to be a skillful mage throughout MoP and now WoD, even branching off to other classes like lock and rogue.

Jetlife
After faring surprisingly well in the paladin poll despite being inactive, Jetlife has earned a second chance at Top Twink glory in this mage poll. After having originally rolled a troll shaman, Jetlife's big rise to fame in the 19s bracket was probably because of his female human mage. It was what he rode to e-fame in twinking, and it is what he will have to ride to further e-fame in the Top Twink Series 2015.

Mikejones
This must be a high level PvPer on Tichondrius who made a twink out of boredom. No one seems to know where he came from. Many have been tempted to write him off because he named himself after a terrible gangster rapper. Truth is, I don't know so much about this guy. Being from a respectable server, he must be okay at least, but still, it's mage. Gotta give some respect to anyone who plays this class in its currently broken form.

Razugal(Razqt)
The second of the EU entries, Razugal may be a guy or a girl, judging from character name and TI persona. If Raz is a female twink, then that alone may be enough to catapult her into the finals. If it's not a female twink, well, the other candidates should feel relieved. I don't know so much about Raz, but she's in a respectable guild and was included in an anonymous PM I received about respectable EU twinks.

Revomanxd(Revolution)
Revo gets some credit for consistently playing mage class. Pretty much everyone else on this list has branched out to play other classes as well. Maybe Revo has too (I don't think so but who knows), but he has maintained his mage reputation since sometime in Cata. Even after quitting the bracket for probably a couple of years, he recently came back and began to show his domination of the other active mages.

Undependable
The third EU entry in this poll, Undependable is one of those poor unfortunate souls in the guild who was forced to start his name with an "Un-". Having given in to this demand, he now uses his mage to take his anger out on everyone else in the bracket. I don't know so much about Undependable as a player or a person, but hopefully his play and personality do not reflect his choice of "Undependable" as a name.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its all in a paragraph

My computer won't let me change it. Reporting for a mod to format it.

Dori it might just be your text formatting. Have you tried shift + enter to create new paragraphs?

I've also had this issue with pastebin. You might need to add a space to the end of the sentence then hit enter.

Dori it might just be your text formatting. Have you tried shift + enter to create new paragraphs?I've also had this issue with pastebin. You might need to add a space to the end of the sentence then hit enter.
Yea, didn't work, the whole webpage is messed up for me. None of the options for font, color, size, attach pictures etc are there above the textbox for me. Also, the background when typing this isn't white, it's the dark grey color. Typing black or very dark grey on a dark grey background, not easy to see [MENTION=21759]Superstylin[/MENTION] I see you in thread please help me out!

Yea, didn't work, the whole webpage is messed up for me. None of the options for font, color, size, attach pictures etc are there above the textbox for me. Also, the background when typing this isn't white, it's the dark grey color. Typing black or very dark grey on a dark grey background, not easy to see [MENTION=21759]Superstylin[/MENTION] I see you in thread please help me out!

watchin a movie atm will do after

edit: fixed.

Also, I don't believe Luke is banned from TI. I asked him a while ago why he never posts and he said that he feels no desire to. I think he has an account though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Voted Baldi!
Amazing cc, and for some reason makes me survive more shit than any healer does, with his on time freezes/polys, awesome mageplay overall, and a genuine nice guy with a positive attitude.

My 2nd vote would be Revomanxd, as he impressed with some good mageplay yday, I like his aggresive style. (Also respect for not voting for himself)

Another good poll, Dory is killin it with theese! ^^
Dorigon might wanna add that Baldi is playing frost btw.

Last edited:
I don't see HB on his mage that much right now, so I'm going to mention the mages I see in the gulch. Revo man is freaking annoying as hell when you're trying to heal. I'm like haha I'm going to gobin jump away from these 2 rogues on my ass and get in a hard cast. Then I get CS'ed and am locked out of nature and using my neck heal. Then I get sheeped, and have to sit there while the rogues catch up. It's really not fair, Revo, and I made an oath to make a mage and I will CC everyone you care about.

Another mage not on the list is Icyjr (Biggie). He's pretty good, though he seems to play in spurts, and I haven't seen him recently.

this is starting 2 get pathetic... like seriously not a fuckin shred of trash tlaking in a single one of these threads, the modern day twinker is far to passive. I voted HB because he has actually been playing his mage a bit lately and i was fuckin torn between him and revo tbh because of how hard revo has been playing lately and the nigs a straight up beast. rest of the mages are pretty meh, flamer is a beast, mikejones is some random cunt but does pretty decent.

Users who are viewing this thread