EU+US To the WSG Lovers in the 10-19 Bracket

You can always corpserun though, or just not ress if the situation is that bad. Gotta admit that I thought this was in 20-29 section writing my earlier post, and 20-29 players are on average so shit that you can leave the bg with ease anytime you want. Not the same for 19 obviously so my bad.

My point anyways was, that unless it's a premade, the outcome will probably 99% of times be the same if there were walls or not. Some turds would keep running into enemy team bravely, dying every time but never giving up. Then there's gonna be a few people QQing in bgchat and not ressing, and a couple guys who just stealth around the map being useless or trying to solo the EFC / solo carry the flag with futile efforts. There's a big chance the team wouldn't really leave the GY again that game, due to the fact that they got overpowered so hard by the enemy team in the first place.

If however it's a premade team, or just a strong team with good co-operation, and have a comp strong enough to stand against the enemy team, they would eventually break free from the GY whether there were walls or not.

I guess the walls could make a small difference, but IMO it would be pretty damn marginal. Just my thoughts about it though, and since I've only ever played EU, my view on the bracket might be biased since I don't know exactly how bgs are on US. I guess we'll see when/if it comes out if it actually makes a difference in the outcome of games...

Oh yeah and obviously if they make it so you can execute some OP jumps to and from top of the wall, it could be really gamebreaking and change wsg meta quite a bit, but I honestly think they're gonna make it more or less unclimbable.
Well i think this will be helpful to counter getting gy camped. It won't solve it, but this is better than the current GY map by far

Pretty cool. Just make it impossible to re-enter GY once you leave by any means. If FCs get back in, could cause a lot of crying.

This change merely prevents farming, not containment. They should just change it back to how it was.

This change merely prevents farming, not containment. They should just change it back to how it was.

I agree, the old gy system was far more balanced than ever. This is however a step in the right direction I guess. I must say though in terms of jumps, Alliance looks like they've been rekt.

The solution is to put a second GY and you Rez at the GY farthest away from where you died.
We have a capture map like this already. And it works.

/cheers

That would really be anoying... to ress far away from where you died..

How could rezzing far away from your body be annoying?
You should be getting killed away from the GYs anyway. Either stopping the EFC or killing it.
That is unless you are always the victim of a farm and used to getting killed by your own GY.
There would be two, or four depending on how you looked at it, GYs. Similar to Twin Peaks. It is nigh impossible to get farmed in Twin Peaks for that reason. You do have experience with Twin Peaks, do you not?

/cheers

As far as I am concerned, they should just raise the GY again (and maybe make a deterrent to turtling and keeping the FC near the GY).

Last edited by a moderator:
You should be getting killed away from the GYs anyway. Either stopping the EFC or killing it.
That is unless you are always the victim of a farm and used to getting killed by your own GY.
There would be two, or four depending on how you looked at it, GYs. Similar to Twin Peaks. It is nigh impossible to get farmed in Twin Peaks for that reason. You do have experience with Twin Peaks, do you not?

/cheers

so the real solution is to give 19s TP so that we can play that

so the real solution is to give 19s TP so that we can play that

Can't wait to farm all the idiots that LoS their healers now. If anything it's now easier to farm since healers can't stand in the bank out of range keeping the world up (and/or casters). Let's not pretend like GY farmers can't / don't go into the actual graveyard.

There would be two, or four depending on how you looked at it, GYs. Similar to Twin Peaks. It is nigh impossible to get farmed in Twin Peaks for that reason.
I can think of several occasions where ressing far away from your corpse would be anoying: if you are playing on D, and want to corpse run to avoid getting hacked to pieces on mid by prowling ferals or sprinting hunters. Or if you were on O and want to corpse run for the same reasons. Either way you would have to run further.
You do have experience with Twin Peaks, do you not?

/cheers
I sure do, huge fan of David Lynch
Can't wait to farm all the idiots that LoS their healers now. If anything it's now easier to farm since healers can't stand in the bank out of range keeping the world up (and/or casters). Let's not pretend like GY farmers can't / don't go into the actual graveyard.
Healers can still stand on the edge of GY and heal? Now they just have the option to step 3yds to the side and LoS enemies to heal themself up

Last edited by a moderator:
Healers can still stand on the edge of GY and heal? Now they just have the option to step 3yds to the side and LoS enemies to heal themself up
OCTOTHORPE REKT! On a serious note, healing GY farms just got 100% more fun, because blizzard took the ranged spell lock risk factor out of PVE Healing Simulator 2015! Now if only there was some DLC that I could get somewhere...

Sorry that I haven't been able to inform you guys about the fence around the gy... School got me overdosing on homework. Also the queues for WSG on the PTR are terrible... Hopefully if I can this weekend I can see if wall jumps are possible, maybe a small review on GY farming and seeing how effective the walls really are.... :)

I can think of several occasions where ressing far away from your corpse would be anoying: if you are playing on D, and want to corpse run to avoid getting hacked to pieces on mid by prowling ferals or sprinting hunters. Or if you were on O and want to corpse run for the same reasons. Either way you would have to run further.

I sure do, huge fan of David Lynch

In the "competitive bracket", as some of my compatriots like to call it, you don't get a chance to corpse run, son.

David Lynch had nothing to do with the Twin Peaks that I speak of, so I must presume you have zero experience with that battleground.
Have a wonderful day.

/cheers

If I recall, the reason for lowering the GY in the first place, back at the beginning of Cata, was to stop 20-30 min stalemates in RBGs, sometimes longer. You see, at end game FCs would just sit in the GY and wait for the team to kill the EFC and then dash to the cap. I think the game has progressed beyond that point now.
Lest you forget, it isn't all about lowbie PvP. End game pretty much runs the show.
Have a wonderful day.

/cheers

Users who are viewing this thread