EU+US Things to do before subscription runs out

Andinh

Grandfathered
I'm planning to get the Base Edition for my Level 20 twink mage with enchanting and engineering. I was just wondering what the best things I should be doing that would benefit me even after my subscription runs out.

I'm thinking stuff such as collecting enough gold for vendor heirlooms, buying items worth over 10g (such as The Rock but that's all I know), getting my professions up to max (225?) and enchanting my gear, joining a guild, etc.

Any more suggestions would be appreciated.

Use any leftover money to get any mogs or pets or anything else you need off the AH. Also depending on when your sub runs out, stock up on the unique or numbered stack invasion items using your mailbox.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much time do you have before your sub runs out? I would focus on obtaining items that you won't be able to make after your sub expires, like http://www.wowhead.com/item=14530/heavy-runecloth-bandage or http://www.wowhead.com/item=3383/elixir-of-wisdom which both work in bg's. Problem is, I haven't checked since the pre-patch but Vet toons have bugged professions so you won't be able to make too much after your sub runs out. Don't bother levelling professions too much past 100 other than First Aid and Fishing if you want. The others will be bugged and you can't make items over about lvl 60 - 70.
Maybe even make some +6 stam food because you will only have access to +4 stam food after your sub ends.
And like @despiler said, buy some mogs if you have the coin. At least you'll have the swag factor ;)
Oh don't forget to open your resources bank tab and your void storage and buy the biggest bags you can afford. Space is so precious as a Vet. You can never have enough of it, especially if you wanna stockpile consumables.
oh, just remembered http://www.wowhead.com/item=109076/goblin-glider-kit. If you like to explore or for that coolness factor in bg's like when you want to get from the LM to the BS in a hurry, you want a heap of these!

I recommend that before subscription runs out, u should:
- avoid going to lvl 21 (if that happens, u must talk to a gm before 2 hours, then they can put u again on lvl 20)
- pay 10 gold to put your experience bar again (if not, u wont be able to go to arenas or bg. U can pay 10 gold when subscription runs out, but it wont do anything. Care with this bug)
- earn gold (u can have +10 gold, but u wont be able to earn more in veteran mode -> u can just spend it until u have 10g again, it will be the new maxim.) Maybe u need to spend this gold in other moment.
- lvl up proffesions (u can go to 225) -> in veteran mode u just can go to 100, and care, in veteran mode u wont be able to pick up anything with archeology. (thx for this bug blizzard)
- Maybe gurubashi/moonfaire with your lvl 100 if u want the heirlooms (u can with your lvl 20 too on veteran mode, but its hard)
- Same with fishing tournament for the heirloom ring.
- Farm things (xmog, toys, pets, ...) that you need on your lvl 20 with your lvl 100, specially if it has low %, its easier with lvl 100
- Enchant your gear. U wont be able to do it on veteran mode
- Same with email, guild bank, and joining a guild.
- And the things that @despiler and @icehawk said

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. I'm thinking of levelling Engineering to 225 as well as learning Gnomish Engineering to crafft the gimmicky items. I probably won't bother with Enchanting as I buy a lot of enchantment scrolls off the AH anyway.

Will I still be able to fish if I level fishing over 100?

farm 20-50k (dpending on your realm) and get you a nice WoW 30 day Token!

sooobscreeeptshionzzzzz

just playin tho, best of luck, i second the Goblin Glider Kit comment, you factually want those on any twink right now regardless, in PvP, out of PvE, doesnt matter.
Bar none they're just too useful, even as a WSG gap closer on the hilly areas to close like 5-15 yards and escape melee by glidin', theyre too good.

Thanks for the replies. I'm thinking of levelling Engineering to 225 as well as learning Gnomish Engineering to crafft the gimmicky items. I probably won't bother with Enchanting as I buy a lot of enchantment scrolls off the AH anyway.

Will I still be able to fish if I level fishing over 100?

I am an engineering and an alchemist, 225. I buy all on ah. I dont know if put Gnomish or Goblin engineering, I still dont know the different for a lvl 20 veteran. I think without gametime all profesions will always stay on 225 (I think that now it fixed, but before if u learned a recipe, u went to 100, but I think it doesnt happen anymore).
¿What is ''gimmicky items''?

I am an engineering and an alchemist, 225. I buy all on ah. I dont know if put Gnomish or Goblin engineering, I still dont know the different for a lvl 20 veteran. I think without gametime all profesions will always stay on 225 (I think that now it fixed, but before if u learned a recipe, u went to 100, but I think it doesnt happen anymore).
¿What is ''gimmicky items''?
Your professions stay at 225 and shouldn't drop because u can't level them further at 225. U can use items that require up to 225 in those professions, but u can't make any items over about 60 or 70.
Fishing and cooking can drop however if u level them a point. So these need to be max'd out at whatever level (ie 150,225,300 etc) so u can't level them a point after sub runs out. And stay away from DMF quests or cooking - fishing dailies that award profession points.

Your professions stay at 225 and shouldn't drop because u can't level them further at 225. U can use items that require up to 225 in those professions, but u can't make any items over about 60 or 70.
Fishing and cooking can drop however if u level them a point. So these need to be max'd out at whatever level (ie 150,225,300 etc) so u can't level them a point after sub runs out. And stay away from DMF quests or cooking - fishing dailies that award profession points.
I think that fishing and cooking cant drop anymore if u level them a point (if they are not at 225). I am without gametime, 115 fishing, I did the diary quest of fish, and nothing happened.
We at "For Twenty" would love to have you on Bleeding Hollow. Even if you just make a lowbie and join, it will allow you to bring other toons later if you so choose.
¿Who are u talking with?

///

And, ¿What is ''gimmicky items''?

I think that fishing and cooking cant drop anymore if u level them a point (if they are not at 225). I am without gametime, 115 fishing, I did the diary quest of fish, and nothing happened.

¿Who are u talking with?

///

And, ¿What is ''gimmicky items''?
Anyone who would like to join my guild is welcome

We at "For Twenty" would love to have you on Bleeding Hollow. Even if you just make a lowbie and join, it will allow you to bring other toons later if you so choose.

Is there still spots open?

I'd love to roll and have a 20 guild to pvp and explore with. I usually have sub time, so I can taxi people, help with fmp and gurubashi etc (I have a 2 seater flying mount, and saving up for the mammoths.)

Is there still spots open?

I'd love to roll and have a 20 guild to pvp and explore with. I usually have sub time, so I can taxi people, help with fmp and gurubashi etc (I have a 2 seater flying mount, and saving up for the mammoths.)

Yeah buddy open 24/7

Yeah buddy open 24/7

I'll Message you later when I'm home to get it all settled. I'll probably roll something I don't have yet (like a hunter or something or maybe ANOTHER pally hahaha), as we can cross-realm for pvp anyways.

Alliance or horde?

I'll Message you later when I'm home to get it all settled. I'll probably roll something I don't have yet (like a hunter or something or maybe ANOTHER pally hahaha), as we can cross-realm for pvp anyways.

Alliance or horde?

Alli Pandaren Hunter is my 2nd fave toon right now the guild could use one!

Alli Pandaren Hunter is my 2nd fave toon right now the guild could use one!
Not to sure about the panda part, but Alli hunter I can do. They don't really miss out on much except the heal and the extra proc, which doesn't bug me at all.

I'll get my gf in too, she might even take the hunter :)

I'll message you in a bit once I'm home.

i'm curious what people's findings are post patch 7.1.5 in regards to all the stuff mentioned above.

the situation:
my character has the following skills:
herbalism 225/225
engineering 225/225
archeology 225/225
fishing 300/300
cooking 450/450
first aid 225/225

the engineering i took to 225 for obvious reason, loaded up on those tasty engineer items, and its only purpose is to be able to equip said tasty items, not planning to make anything once the sub time runs out.

question 1: so if herbalism is capped at 225 while i still have game time, it will still effectively only gather at 60-70 skill level's proficiency once my account reverts to f2p veteran status? (my plan was to keep 225 herbalism and start hoarding herbs to fill up my reagent bank box, at which point i would swap to alchemy and have surplus of materials for potions)

question 2: I have been playing around with archeology based off the memory that you could get access to fossil fragments as a f2p player. Has that been changed in a recent patch? i've been running around Hillsbrad and finding nothing but dwarf fragments.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread