US The Twink Cup 2017 Updated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless the TC is happening on the 19 private server, doesn't look like it's going to happen.
Really don't see why it wouldn't.

There are multiple new guilds interested, and some old guild / players as well.

By this time last year, there was already a massive prize pool (I forget the exact amount). Now we have less than $50.

And money is the best incentive, so..
Yeah, but they also advertised it earlier then this. This is the first time someone that actually helps run the TC has even mentioned it.

Plus there is the GCTL which is at $450, which isn't much compared to all the TCs but something for just being thrown together.

If i see potential i WILL organize a group depending on how worse this expansion gets, and the rules of the TC. I will more than likely make a contribution either ways via PayPal and release my tax returns.

If i see potential i WILL organize a group depending on how worse this expansion gets, and the rules of the TC. I will more than likely make a contribution either ways via PayPal and release my tax returns.

Aren't you 15? Do you pay taxes as a 15 year old dfq

By this time last year, there was already a massive prize pool (I forget the exact amount). Now we have less than $50.

And money is the best incentive, so..

It seems to me the bragging rights are the best incentive. I really hope people don't do it just for the the money. I know I don't do any of my "competitive" hobbies for the prize money.
The money is fleeting, the memories live on forever.

/cheers

It seems to me the bragging rights are the best incentive. I really hope people don't do it just for the the money. I know I don't do any of my "competitive" hobbies for the prize money.
The money is fleeting, the memories live on forever.

/cheers
Well this is sort of true but at the same time, anyone can hold a tourney and there will be winners, etc. But if money is added to the situation it usually means there will be some sort of skill requirement as an "entry" which makes it seem better to those who did not play. Think of GCD tourney's, yes the competition is pretty good (usually), but for someone who doesn't know the game or what have you they would think more of a tourney won with a prize pool because usually those are harder than those with none.

I think what i said makes sense if not, just ignore it lol.

Well this is sort of true but at the same time, anyone can hold a tourney and there will be winners, etc. But if money is added to the situation it usually means there will be some sort of skill requirement as an "entry" which makes it seem better to those who did not play. Think of GCD tourney's, yes the competition is pretty good (usually), but for someone who doesn't know the game or what have you they would think more of a tourney won with a prize pool because usually those are harder than those with none.

I think what i said makes sense if not, just ignore it lol.

"Real" tournaments have an entry fee. This one does not. It is ran entirely by donations.
Not that I am suggesting that the TC is not a "real" tournament. But, it really isn't something you can put on your resume.

"Real" tournaments have an entry fee. This one does not. It is ran entirely by donations.
Not that I am suggesting that the TC is not a "real" tournament. But, it really isn't something you can put on your resume.
I agree. When I go the bar and tell girls that I play 19 twinks, I usually still walk out by myself.

It's probably just my delivery though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread