The Royal Lounge - Live

Discussion in 'Site News' started by Conq, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Allybeboba

Allybeboba Veteran

Oh, I have plenty of "prestigious titles". And I was not the one that was complaining.

2. Omghax

Omghax Grandfathered

I get the concern. The decision will shape the purpose of the Royal Lounge. Is it a place for long time players to avoid trolling or is a place for people who tossed some cash at the site? Is it a cool kids club? Maybe the answer is to have multiple lounges. I'm assuming once the hurdle has been cleared to set up the first one, it will be easy to set up another? If so then maybe try a few options to see where people want to go?

Laurasia likes this.
  3. Conq

Conq Freedom

The point of the Royal lounge is to reward those who have contributed to this community by what they would most likely want to see from this website - the freedom to do and say what they want.

Laurasia likes this.
  4. Allybeboba

Allybeboba Veteran

The "cool kids" have private rooms for their cliques.

5. Stabilt

Stabilt Member

i think we can all agree that no one whos going to have access to this lounge would want allybeboba in it :rolleyes:

also if it was so easy to beat 7 other teams why didnt u play? :)

6. Allybeboba

Allybeboba Veteran

I thought it was being put in place as way to discuss in game mechanics away from prying eyes. Not just another drama subforum. I guess I was mistaken.

7. Wizkidone

Wizkidone Started from the bottom

Its actually in the OP if you read it

8. Conq

Conq Freedom

It's both really, while the overall philosophy or intent of the forum is what I said above, it will hopefully have many different forms of content

9. Allybeboba

Allybeboba Veteran

The OP states what I stated. It does not state it will be just another drama subforum. That is why we have the 19 subforum.

10. Conq

Conq Freedom

It'll end up being whatever people make of it, with the exception of spam as long as it won't get the website in trouble with the wrong people, or attract the wrong kind of attention it's pretty much hands off for the administration.

You might even find staff members participating in banter or other forms of content.

zweindigo likes this.
  11. Voc

Voc Hard Target

12. Allybeboba

Allybeboba Veteran

So an FFA section?
    I sure hope you all know what you are getting yourself into considering the maturity level of some of this site's membership.
    Remember, maturity does not necessarily equate to age.

This shall be something very very interesting to observe to see how some people conduct themselves unabated. Interesting indeed...

13. Wizkidone

Wizkidone Started from the bottom

You can derive what one can reasonably expect from such a forum based on what the stated use would likely be. In no way did he imply its sole purpose would be for game mechanics discussion. Stop selectively reading.

14. Conq

Conq Freedom

This is important to me, people should keep in mind the original forum was only for donors, now it will be accessible threw a number of options, that way we are not forcing people to pay for freedom of speech, there are numerous other ways to gain access.

I've put careful thought into it, I've been around the block and have seen the best and the worst this community has to offer. It'll be interesting indeed.

Not only will it spur new activity, and give the users more content to enjoy, but it will also be a great source of income for the website. We have not spent a penny of the website donations, we've been saving it up, however the past two months of activity have not been great when it comes to the revenue we generate. I'd prefer to keep saving money for the website so we can eventually do something great with it, rather than chipping away at our savings so we can keep the website online.

This is a win/win situation for everyone, while some may disagree on some of the specifics, I believe the majority of users will enjoy it regardless.

Toric likes this.
  15. Mvq

Mvq 2016 TC Champion

How about we kick people out of the lounge who doesn't belong such as allybeboba

I ****ing hate allybeboba

Puempeekstoh and Drugs like this.
  16. Conq

Conq Freedom

Rest assured this won't turn into a reenactment of The lord of The Flies.

Edit: or the Stanford Prison Experiement

Terpenes likes this.
  17. Allybeboba

Allybeboba Veteran

That is what I was stating. XPoff is expanding a feature that was formerly a pay only feature. Expanding it to members that have not paid, the administration has kindly given some of the membership privileges to the feature without paying.
    And people are still unhappy. This just proves that you can't make everyone happy all the time.
    Everyone should remember, the added feature can just as easily be removed as it can be addded.

18. Allybeboba

Allybeboba Veteran

The SPE was a grand study of psychological effects. It is part of psych 101 at the Marines officer Academy.

Conq likes this.
  19. Allybeboba

Allybeboba Veteran

How can you possibly "hate" someone you don't know?

20. Mvq

Mvq 2016 TC Champion

I know you.

You're a middle-aged man who spend time stroking your ego by argueing with people on this Forum. However you'll never concede, even if you clearly know you're wrong. You won't move your mindset.

In short, you're ignorant.

And to add to that, you're clearly Christian or Catholic.