The Royal Lounge - Live

Discussion in 'Site News' started by Conq, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Conq

Conq Freedom

Currently Selaya, Bop, and Myself as well as the rest of the active staff are working on setting up a new segment of the website that I believe much of the community may come to thoroughly enjoy, The Royal Lounge will be available for a variety of ranked individuals such as Tournament Winners, Veterans, Elders, MVPs, Gladiators, Contributors, and possibly others. Now you may ask what makes this Lounge so Royal (with a capital R), why should I want to be here? And that’s a good question, As members of the privileged few (free from the prying eyes of our corporate overlords), I hope together we can make this a place of not only Freedom of Speech, but Freedom of Information, it is my hope that people find this a place that they are comfortable whether it is in sharing game secrets, sharing the latest gossip/rumors, and even R rated content, really there are very few situations in which a staff member will intervene in Royal Lounge discussion. More specifics will be made available as we progress with setting up access for ranked users.

Update

roy·al
    ˈroi(ə)l/
    adjective
    adjective: royal
    1. having the status of a king or queen or a member of their family.
      "contributors included members of the royal family"

Welcome to The Royal Lounge Friends, this exclusive sub forum is a some-what secretive, very private place, where exalted members of the community can participate and enjoy a greater freedom of discourse, with a few points of interest.

1. You can allude to discussion here on the rest of the forum but please don't go into detail about content posted here on the public parts of the forum. Sketchbag said it best:
    2. As members of The Royal Family we ask that you do not conduct yourself in disgusting ways by posting sketchy stuff, I understand this is the digital age so adult content is fine but do not post anything that you would normally (albeit stereo typically) access threw the TOR browser and like 80 billion proxies, anything of "that" nature will likely get you removed from the lounge permanently, and potentially the website as well, however each situation of that happening will be severe and therefor taken on a case by case basis,
    3. No spamming please.
    4. Please refrain from creating misleading thread titles, it'll just be more work for the staff!
    5. Content with explicit images must be labeled as NSFW, which can be done the same way as US and EU tags being applied during thread creation.
    6. At this point all users with colored names (as well as a few select individuals) are able to access the forum, levels of access are subject to change.
    7. Always post mindfully, there are some lines that should not be crossed by virtue of common sense (such as RL threats (Party 1 will do X to Party 2) (obvious joking outside of an argument aside)
    8. No doxxing
    9. The XPOFF Staff reserves the right to grant and remove individuals access to this subforum as we see fit, even if you're removed from the subforum rule #1 still applies. This is strange territory for us so we as a community need to decide how we want to use this sub-forum. Thanks and Enjoy!

Navigating to The Royal Lounge:

Active threads will pop up automatically on the front page[​IMG]
    Alternatively you can access it via the forum directory

[​IMG]

Scroll down to The World of Warcraft Section

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
    Ezny, Mayjaz, SPQR and 13 others like this.
  2. Mvq

Mvq 2016 TC Champion

I love this. Goodjob

Conq likes this.
  3. Sketchbag

Sketchbag OVOXO

Grrrrreat idea!

Conq likes this.
  4. Allybeboba

Allybeboba Veteran

Took some great advice.

Conq likes this.
  5. Conq

Conq Freedom

It took a while but once I got the idea of removing moderation guidelines from the section I felt that along with the edginess of our community we wouldn't be lacking content in there, on TI the section was very stale with very little activity.

Selaya had just made a contributors lounge but that was only used for the sake of donors voting on a new color.

6. Sponsor
    exploit section? So shit doesnt get hotfixed so fast :3

AntiStealth and Conq like this.
  7. Allybeboba

Allybeboba Veteran

I think that was because very few people knew about it. Just as very few knew about the "contributors lounge". It could be a two fold operation to keep the site afloat as it may encourage more people to actually donate $$. Even if it was only $5. Every little bit helps. Or donating time or ingame gold to bolster the site membership. Not that time or gold pays the bills.
    Many of my car collector sites have "premium" sections where members get benefits. We pay monthly fees to have access. Not that I am suggesting that in this case as this site services a different clientele.

Conq likes this.
  8. Conq

Conq Freedom

Indeed, anyone who donates $10 gets the Donor user rank which comes with a badge, a user name color, and now (by default) access to this section.

9. Allybeboba

Allybeboba Veteran

I am having issues with the logging in problem again. It seemed to rectify itself before, and now it has reared it's ugly head again.

10. Roboartist

Roboartist Reclaimer

We need a shitposting lounge.

11. Conq

Conq Freedom

I just tried adjusting some settings but I'm not sure it is of any use, you can try avoiding logging in with battle.net if you are, or changing browsers, it is a third party issue.

12. bolt

bolt avid pizza slayer

+1

Conq likes this.
  13. Captain

Captain •ßøbbÿ• ;p

Conq thanks for making me feel special once again :')

14. Glorifyd

Glorifyd Vindictive Gladiator

So whos dick do I have to suck to get in?

Ezny and DeLindsay like this.
  15. DeLindsay

DeLindsay 10s4Lyf

I was gonna say +1 from me, but this works better ;)

Ezny likes this.
  16. Flamer

Flamer 2014 and 2016 Twink Cup Champion

this whole idea was made for me thanks everyone

[​IMG]

Conq likes this.
  17. Trice

Trice Member

if i knew glad would get me into the royal lounge i wouldn't settle for duelist

thank

18. Conq

Conq Freedom

You where my inspiration lmao

19. Allybeboba

Allybeboba Veteran

I am using Safari if that is of any consequence.

20. Sketchbag

Sketchbag OVOXO

I suggested that idea a few months back, but it was shut down post haste...