US Thanks for Everything

Mom

Legend
I'm done with 20 twinks. I don't find any pleasure at all in what it has become- I physically get repulsed every time I try to log in and play a game. I'm tired of working hard on making a fabulous toon, only to have it made obsolete by the changes. All I used to love- the uniqueness of gear and enchants, the challenge of playing vs only other twinks, the scaling, the old abilities, and even the long queue times which let me get a lot of work done between games, is all gone. I have deleted many of my toons but I'm keeping a few for vanity reasons, so if you see me in a game wave goodbye cause I absolutely will never ever ever ever ever resub after this time expires.

Thank you to all the friends and enemies I have made in my 7 years of twinking.

tis a shame to think all of our hard work as a community to get that top tier gear and all the gold we spent to get there, to get it then show it off. some would flaunt to others about their new and improved item. You could see the dedication of others when u saw items varying from Gloomshroud to Shadowfang to the Lucky Fishing Hat and the Arena Grand Master. now with this new patch all of our time and gold is gone for what? vanity items? gear that has the same value as a grey item? it hurts to see the value of some items go. i respect your leaving, GL

wanna play a private server? I liked MoP the best so after my sub runs out I'll try to find a good MoP server. The bgs are poping rn but idc for the prunes and weak healing as a healer. if anyone does want to play on a private server post it so ppl can know which one to join

I'm done with 20 twinks. I don't find any pleasure at all in what it has become- I physically get repulsed every time I try to log in and play a game. I'm tired of working hard on making a fabulous toon, only to have it made obsolete by the changes. All I used to love- the uniqueness of gear and enchants, the challenge of playing vs only other twinks, the scaling, the old abilities, and even the long queue times which let me get a lot of work done between games, is all gone. I have deleted many of my toons but I'm keeping a few for vanity reasons, so if you see me in a game wave goodbye cause I absolutely will never ever ever ever ever resub after this time expires.

Thank you to all the friends and enemies I have made in my 7 years of twinking.
Totally agree bro.

I'm pretty sure I've seen a few Mom goodbye threads. Good luck breaking your addiction. Visiting this site definitely isn't helping.
I'll admit, WoW has had me hooked for a long time, and I put up one thread before saying I was getting sick of the game. I'm touched you remembered anything about it, but this time is different. I have never been so revolted by how horrible my game has become, so revolted that I can't stay logged in for much longer than five minutes. I currently have 3 remaining characters left between all servers, only 1 of them is a twink and I've started looking at other games I have never considered before now. Maybe it is finally time to get into Minecraft- all the kool kids do that.

Take care mate. I myself found it to be the exact opposite- these last few months I literally could not log on to wow without getting that fingernails-on-chalkboard feeling and logging within minutes. couldn't stand it. That being said I'm in love with this patch, everything feels fresh, and as it turns out, I'm not as attached to gear/being level 20 as I thought I was- I've been loving not only 29s, but my old 85s and occasionally 99s, not to mention just flat out leveling BGs for the enjoyment of it :)

I can see why sticking to 20s would grate on your nerves, not being able to hit anything sucks. The times they are a-changin' and I doubt I'll touch my 20s until hitcap is back in place for lower levels. Some things just aren't fun :p

We all like(d) different aspects of the game, however. WoW's nothing to be sad about leaving, it's a hobby and if it stops being enjoyable then nothing good can possibly come of playing it. Take care, wherever you go :)

If I stated it once, I have stated ten times. The best way to state goodbye is not in a goodbye thread. The best way to say goodbye, is to do it privately or to just fade away.
If you write a thread about it you will keep checking it to see if someone has written in it. Thus you have not truly "quit".

Good luck!

Take care mate. I myself found it to be the exact opposite- these last few months I literally could not log on to wow without getting that fingernails-on-chalkboard feeling and logging within minutes. couldn't stand it. That being said I'm in love with this patch, everything feels fresh, and as it turns out, I'm not as attached to gear/being level 20 as I thought I was- I've been loving not only 29s, but my old 85s and occasionally 99s, not to mention just flat out leveling BGs for the enjoyment of it :)

I can see why sticking to 20s would grate on your nerves, not being able to hit anything sucks. The times they are a-changin' and I doubt I'll touch my 20s until hitcap is back in place for lower levels. Some things just aren't fun :p

We all like(d) different aspects of the game, however. WoW's nothing to be sad about leaving, it's a hobby and if it stops being enjoyable then nothing good can possibly come of playing it. Take care, wherever you go :)

Well said. If don't enjoy your hobby it may be time to move on.
I have played twinks very little in WoD because of the abysmal queue times. I just concentrated on other aspects of the game. I updated the gear on my twinks when necessary and played them every once and while. I even made new ones, many of them in fact. But I really never considered quitting.

Not being a 20, I don't exactly know what yer referring to, but I do know that I feel stupid running around in no-stat whites just to get my iLevel up! Especially considering I spent several hours solo-pickpocketing in The Tomb of Lights so I could get the rogue-only i100 helm and equipping it made not a damn bit of difference in my stats when I got into a BG! I love the whole theorycrafting part of what we do, and this crap just throws all of that out the window and makes it seem like they honestly do not care a whit for, nor do they understand the hearts of those who love, PvP. Whether twinking or end-game, these changes make a joke out of everyone.

That said, I still enjoy the game itself. I left for over a year because of what the end-game had become, and I find many of the Legion/pre-Legion changes refreshing, so I'll just see how things go...

What I would expect, given these changes, would be that eventually the developers opt for a purely template-based system across the board, whether PvP or PvE, and all gear just becomes cosmetic choices. And then eventually you'd expect them to see the error of their ways and change shit back! Ah well...

Reactions: Mom
Not being a 20, I don't exactly know what yer referring to, but I do know that I feel stupid running around in no-stat whites just to get my iLevel up! Especially considering I spent several hours solo-pickpocketing in The Tomb of Lights so I could get the rogue-only i100 helm and equipping it made not a damn bit of difference in my stats when I got into a BG! I love the whole theorycrafting part of what we do, and this crap just throws all of that out the window and makes it seem like they honestly do not care a whit for, nor do they understand the hearts of those who love, PvP. Whether twinking or end-game, these changes make a joke out of everyone.

That said, I still enjoy the game itself. I left for over a year because of what the end-game had become, and I find many of the Legion/pre-Legion changes refreshing, so I'll just see how things go...

What I would expect, given these changes, would be that eventually the developers opt for a purely template-based system across the board, whether PvP or PvE, and all gear just becomes cosmetic choices. And then eventually you'd expect them to see the error of their ways and change shit back! Ah well...

This really is the first time since pre-tBC that I have not been excited about a WoW expansion. We (my family) may purchase Legion, we may not. We have not decided. I have always prepurchased since it was available and actually stood outside in lines during WoW's golden age waiting for the game to be released. Even had midnight parties with friends and guild mates when tBC and WotLK came out. Even took vacation time so we could get a jump on the other guilds for gear.
We have always said that the "WoW killer" was going to be Blizzard. At any rate, the game still has years left in it. Enjoy it while it lasts!

Users who are viewing this thread