EU+US Surv Hunters WTD

Are Surv Hunters Ducking OP ATM?

• Yes

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Hell Yes

Votes: 9 75.0%

• Total voters
Yes and when 7.1 goes live level 20 hunters will have harpoon making them better

So I tried out Surv last night and it's stupidly broken. It's just too OP and if nothing is done it'll be like the old 29 BM Monks of Warlords. Here's a few snips from some arena's I did......

Already starting to see the double Surv Huntard combos (remember the old double 29 BM Monk combo's?). Still tore them apart though!
upload_2016-9-30_9-57-30.png

How about the old 1 v 2 as Surv......... not a problem. After 2 lots of http://www.wowhead.com/spell=200163/throwing-axes the first target you get to only has 50% of his health left.
upload_2016-9-30_9-58-41.png

Topped the charts in bg's easily. DPS is consistently between 400 - 550 inside instanced PvP. As a comparison BM Hunters only average now (after the nerf) around 250 - 280. Don't even need the healing debuff from your pet vs healers. You just rip straight through them. If you got all 3 stacks of http://www.wowhead.com/spell=190928/mongoose-bite it's game over for the healer.

In one WSG last night, even made a Rogue by the name of Tapøut rage quit after I tore him a new one - lol. He sapped me but then opened on another target. When I got out the sap, just turned and ripped into him and there was nothing he could do to get away. He went from 100% health to 0 in like 3 - 4 secs, even after popping all his defensive CD's. We were both topping the charts at that stage and pretty much he quit after he was dealt his first death (and second a$$hole - lol). Not sure if it was the real Tapøut or not but he was topping the charts with me at that point.

Honestly in 7.1 when Surv gets http://www.wowhead.com/spell=190925/harpoon no-one will be able to survive the 3 sec root. Your only chance will be to trinket and kite or else it's goodnight.

So, after seeing how stupidly broken Surv is right now, I have decided I will stick to playing BM Hunter as it's just not a challenge playing Surv. It will be like BM Monks all over again!

BM Hunter for life!

So I tried out Surv last night and it's stupidly broken. It's just too OP and if nothing is done it'll be like the old 29 BM Monks of Warlords. Here's a few snips from some arena's I did......

Already starting to see the double Surv Huntard combos (remember the old double 29 BM Monk combo's?). Still tore them apart though!
View attachment 5089

How about the old 1 v 2 as Surv......... not a problem. After 2 lots of http://www.wowhead.com/spell=200163/throwing-axes the first target you get to only has 50% of his health left.
View attachment 5090

Topped the charts in bg's easily. DPS is consistently between 400 - 550 inside instanced PvP. As a comparison BM Hunters only average now (after the nerf) around 250 - 280. Don't even need the healing debuff from your pet vs healers. You just rip straight through them. If you got all 3 stacks of http://www.wowhead.com/spell=190928/mongoose-bite it's game over for the healer.

In one WSG last night, even made a Rogue by the name of Tapøut rage quit after I tore him a new one - lol. He sapped me but then opened on another target. When I got out the sap, just turned and ripped into him and there was nothing he could do to get away. He went from 100% health to 0 in like 3 - 4 secs, even after popping all his defensive CD's. We were both topping the charts at that stage and pretty much he quit after he was dealt his first death (and second a$$hole - lol). Not sure if it was the real Tapøut or not but he was topping the charts with me at that point.

Honestly in 7.1 when Surv gets http://www.wowhead.com/spell=190925/harpoon no-one will be able to survive the 3 sec root. Your only chance will be to trinket and kite or else it's goodnight.

So, after seeing how stupidly broken Surv is right now, I have decided I will stick to playing BM Hunter as it's just not a challenge playing Surv. It will be like BM Monks all over again!

BM Hunter for life!
Hunters don't have guard tho

Hunters don't have guard tho
Surv Hunters don't need defensive CD's as nothing survives long enough to need it. It's true that you can't kite like a BM or Marks Hunter but when your on a target there is so much burst it's not funny.
To be honest, I was getting zerged by half way through the bg's. I had like 5 or 6 horde chasing me around the map. There was nothing I could do to survive the zergs, but when I did get some horde on their own, or even 2 v 1 I usually came out on top. Even in their flag room I went 1 v 3. Dropped the flag carrier, returned flag, then went 2 v 1 and literally dropped the 3rd dude simultaneously as I dropped.
I'll be playing BM but I know the only way to stay up will be to kite the Surv Hunter, but that will be even more difficult in 7.1 :eek:

That's a ton of damage @Nocontest. I'd like to get your thoughts on Marks inside of bg's. Did a lot of dps come from http://www.wowhead.com/spell=2643/multi-shot being in AV with usually large groups? Also how is it for bursting down a target 1 v 1?
I'm going to try some Marks to see how it fares but I'd like to know your thoughts on it. How does it compare for you between Marks & BM? Which one can you usually do more dps on?

Survival hunter right now only lose to paladin in 1v1, wait till the 7.1 patch and they will be very broken (the will get an heal at lvl 24) + more damage on flanking strike and most of other class are loosing some defensive spell. so i hope in both 19 and 29 people will play more bm over survival. because alot of people will ragequit XD

Survival hunter right now only lose to paladin in 1v1, wait till the 7.1 patch and they will be very broken (the will get an heal at lvl 24) + more damage on flanking strike and most of other class are loosing some defensive spell. so i hope in both 19 and 29 people will play more bm over survival. because alot of people will ragequit XD

Go on

Jeez now I want one!
You dont want one, you want to play against one and won your fight, trust me first guy i made for twink 29 this expansion i did a hunter and went survival and had no fun playing it after 5 bg because everyone was avoiding me :( i kinda want blizz to nerf de damage but at the same time i dont wand endgame survival hunter to be more trash haha

I have a confession to make........

After running into a double Surv Huntard team 3 times in a row, then into a Ret + Surv Huntard team 2 times in a row I was raging a bit (I play BM Hunter). Against double Surv Hunters, the pr!cks kept coming for me and hurling their axes which hit harder than Stallone does in The Expendables.

So after quite a few losses, I was raging having seen nothing but Surv Huntards in arena.

Now here is my confession! I switched to Surv Hunter spec! Yes, I know, it's a shocking confession but I was so angry I wanted to crack some skulls. So after about 5 Surv Hunter teams in a row, I switch to Surv and guess what, my next game didn't include a Surv Hunter, so I tore them apart for the win.

Tried one more arena, I really wanted to get one of those Surv Hunters, but no, another team without one. Another easy win.

So I repented, switched back to BM Hunter and felt so dirty for having played Surv. I don't want to do that again. :eek:

I agree with @terkay that you don't want to play a Surv Hunter!

Users who are viewing this thread