EU+US Spec that can solo a Survival Hunter...

I disagree with anyone that says there is a counter to Surv for a true 1 v 1 situation.

I did a heap of duels vs a friend on his Surv and I couldn't do squat to stay up, let alone dps. Even on my Misty who could probably pound for pound out dps a Warrior couldn't stay up. U need to start healing ahead of the axes to have a chance to survive the first burst then the moment u stop healing to try and dps u die.

Then I used my Surv against my friends toon and again there was jack squat he could do.

If anyone was on when I play in my horrible timezone I'd challenge anyone to try and stay up against my Vet in Surv spec. With my Scorpid and 25% healing debuff good luck staying up.

Same goes in instanced PvP. That is why I refuse to play Surv for the fact it's so stupidly broken it's not a challenge.

With regards to the OP, I'd probably say the only class that could have a chance to counter Surv is Disc Priest but even then u would struggle to shield and outheal the large dps burst of Surv. That is in a pure 1 v 1 situation. If I didn't have such a crap computer (still running Win XP) I'd take some videos to show me whooping Disc 1 v 1. There was a Disc going for the AGM as I was also and night after night I'd whoop him, sometimes even after taking out another 20 then working on the Disc after. After about a week of whooping him he started to turn up with a 110 DH so that ended my run. Oh yes, just for the record I do switch to Surv for the AGM to stack the odds in my favour. Have even taken out toons upto 13 levels higher out as Surv.

TL;DR - no counter to Surv other than maybe a very good Disc Priest. Nuff said!:cool:

Not trying to be a jerk, but if they're so easy to fight against, why are there dozens of threads for 20-29 crying about them?

Pretty easy to predict when 1v1. But more than one can be overwhelming. And thats what people do lol. They roll groups full of em. Easy melting.

I disagree with anyone that says there is a counter to Surv for a true 1 v 1 situation.

I did a heap of duels vs a friend on his Surv and I couldn't do squat to stay up, let alone dps. Even on my Misty who could probably pound for pound out dps a Warrior couldn't stay up. U need to start healing ahead of the axes to have a chance to survive the first burst then the moment u stop healing to try and dps u die.

Then I used my Surv against my friends toon and again there was jack squat he could do.

If anyone was on when I play in my horrible timezone I'd challenge anyone to try and stay up against my Vet in Surv spec. With my Scorpid and 25% healing debuff good luck staying up.

Same goes in instanced PvP. That is why I refuse to play Surv for the fact it's so stupidly broken it's not a challenge.

With regards to the OP, I'd probably say the only class that could have a chance to counter Surv is Disc Priest but even then u would struggle to shield and outheal the large dps burst of Surv. That is in a pure 1 v 1 situation. If I didn't have such a crap computer (still running Win XP) I'd take some videos to show me whooping Disc 1 v 1. There was a Disc going for the AGM as I was also and night after night I'd whoop him, sometimes even after taking out another 20 then working on the Disc after. After about a week of whooping him he started to turn up with a 110 DH so that ended my run. Oh yes, just for the record I do switch to Surv for the AGM to stack the odds in my favour. Have even taken out toons upto 13 levels higher out as Surv.

TL;DR - no counter to Surv other than maybe a very good Disc Priest. Nuff said!:cool:
Well idk what you're doing but my boomy has never lost to a survival in a duel. And all of the survivals are geared. And i can guarantee there are a lot of classes that can counter a survival in a true 1v1 situation. But i can EASILY list off a number of people that can counter a survival easy.

rsham is a much stronger counter to sv than disc btw ice
Idk many rshamans that could counter a survival, but if i had to choose one, it would be you.

Well idk what you're doing but my boomy has never lost to a survival in a duel. And all of the survivals are geared. And i can guarantee there are a lot of classes that can counter a survival in a true 1v1 situation. But i can EASILY list off a number of people that can counter a survival easy.

Idk many rshamans that could counter a survival, but if i had to choose one, it would be you.
I'd probably use a spider vs a Boomy to help keep u slowed. Probably even have the pet on tank spec for the charge as Druids are slippery when kiting but I'm certain I could still drop a Boomy in a duel as Surv.

lol I'm also slowly being triggered. If I see u or Phron in a bg I may just go to the dark side and spec Surv and hunt u both down. :p

@Phrontistery out of all the classes I probably have the least experience vs Shammys. But I didn't think a Shammy could kite long enough to be effective vs Surv Hunter.

I may just need to do some testing in bg's with Surv to see if there is indeed a counter. I here Darth Vader calling me to the dark side.........

Must resist.....

Must stay Marks or BM.........

'If you only knew the power of the Dark Side'...........

Nooooooooo! Slowly giving into it.........:eek:

I'd probably use a spider vs a Boomy to help keep u slowed. Probably even have the pet on tank spec for the charge as Druids are slippery when kiting but I'm certain I could still drop a Boomy in a duel as Surv.

lol I'm also slowly being triggered. If I see u or Phron in a bg I may just go to the dark side and spec Surv and hunt u both down. :p

@Phrontistery out of all the classes I probably have the least experience vs Shammys. But I didn't think a Shammy could kite long enough to be effective vs Surv Hunter.

I may just need to do some testing in bg's with Surv to see if there is indeed a counter. I here Darth Vader calling me to the dark side.........

Must resist.....

Must stay Marks or BM.........

'If you only knew the power of the Dark Side'...........

Nooooooooo! Slowly giving into it.........:eek:
Hey all i'm hearing is a challenge. So if you wanna make this happen i'm down. Budgetlock#1937

I can almost guarantee a win against a survival hunter, and if you play MM or BM...yikes.

Last edited:
Hey all i'm hearing is a challenge. So if you wanna make this happen i'm down. Budgetlock#1937
I'm up for a challenge. The hours I play usually there is not much competition. I'll add u when I'm next on. Icehawk#1308 if u get on first. I'll sharpen my blade in the meantime...... they been gathering dust while I've been using a bow! Cheers.

I'm up for a challenge. The hours I play usually there is not much competition. I'll add u when I'm next on. Icehawk#1308 if u get on first. I'll sharpen my blade in the meantime...... they been gathering dust while I've been using a bow! Cheers.
Oh you're level 20, neat. I'll still play my 19 tho :p

Outlaw rogue; Sabre Slash proc + Between the eyes, and it's over. Let me know if you need proof bruh. Because Survival isn't shit if you're on a class that can go 0-100 real quick. Obviously referencing 20vs20 though.

Give me proof of this in instanced PvP, not in duels.
Clearly not plausible in instance pvp, anyone with half a brain realizes this. Rogues are nothing, but support in BGs, rather than a main source of damage; we pick off healers, FCs, CC with sap/pistol shot for flag caps/flag returns, and then we go back into hiding -- Along with having the least amounts of Hp, while hunters gradually have at least 1k more, and much better DPS output in instanced pvp.

Clearly not plausible in instance pvp, anyone with half a brain realizes this. Rogues are nothing, but support in BGs, rather than a main source of damage; we pick off healers, FCs, CC with sap/pistol shot for flag caps/flag returns, and then we go back into hiding -- Along with having the least amounts of Hp, while hunters gradually have at least 1k more, and much better DPS output in instanced pvp.
As I thought.

Demon Hunter

Ever since discs were given atonement @ level 20 1v1ing a survival hunter became possible. For those who don't know what the spell atonement does, it heals the priest when the priest does damage. Being a nelf helps too bc u can shadowmeld the throwing axes making them ineffective. Bubbling every single time its available+outmaneuvering them with clutch mouse turns helps to reduce dmg being taken from melee range attacks, along with perfectly timed psychic screams (example would be when you know the hunter is about to flanking strike, you get him and the pet away from you and build range distance asap). Cast jukes for the belf and tauren AOEs..

Rshams don't put out as much damage but they are tougher to take down than discs. I have yet to try rsham in legion but from what ive heard they can pull it off too.

any class that can outheal its burst without forcing CDs and any class that can disengage on the same CD as their harpoon will destroy a surv 1v1 in bg because nobody competent is playing surv and will bait their harpoon as opener every time

you dont need atonement, a priest that has speccd for pennance to heal (not some shit fuck schism speccd priest) should be able to easily solo a survival hunter outside a string of crits + arcane torrents - THIS IS ALL INSIDE A BG - outside a bg its even easier

Users who are viewing this thread