EU+US Spear of Rethu, Archeo Polearm FYI

DeLindsay

10s4Lyf
And the Nerfbat strikes again. Not only does this have the appropriate iLvL now you also can no longer equip the FMP with it.

Just wanted to let folks know what seems like a "Game breaking bug" is nothing of the sort, in iPvP at least. While you DO retain the 700 iLvL inside BG's and you DO get about 300 additional Health and ~20 Main Stat, the remainder Stats are Templated into the ground. The TT for it on my 10 Hunter says 6180 damage for Flanking Strike but it only hits for maybe ~850.

WPvP it would be some serious lols and PvE would become somewhat trivial with it as is, with exception to the Hit Rating issue. I have ~5.5K Health at 10 with it equipped in my best Twink Gear. Also, here's a bit of fun, for the moment you can equip that Polearm AND the Furbolg Medicine Pouch at the same time.

LvL%2010%20Spear%20of%20Rethu%20iLvL%20700%20Polearm_cropped.jpg

Last edited:
Just wanted to let folks know what seems like a "Game breaking bug" is nothing of the sort, in iPvP at least. While you DO retain the 700 iLvL inside BG's and you DO get about 300 additional Health and ~20 Main Stat, the remainder Stats are Templated into the ground. The TT for it on my 10 Hunter says 6180 damage for Flanking Strike but it only hits for maybe ~850.

WPvP it would be some serious lols and PvE would become somewhat trivial with it as is, with exception to the Hit Rating issue. I have ~5.5K Health at 10 with it equipped in my best Twink Gear. Also, here's a bit of fun, for the moment you can equip that Polearm AND the Furbolg Medicine Pouch at the same time.

LvL%2010%20Spear%20of%20Rethu%20iLvL%20700%20Polearm_cropped.jpg
Hahaha cool find. Is it a one-handed weapon though? This could be why your flanking strike is still not hitting that hard. I could be mistaken but Surv needs two-handed weapons. Not sure why they made it a one handed polearm if that's the case. Wowhead also shows a scale bar so maybe it's intended to scale down at some point. Still, at the high item level and large stats would be awesome for wPvP and smashing in dungeons - lol.

Hahaha cool find. Is it a one-handed weapon though? This could be why your flanking strike is still not hitting that hard. I could be mistaken but Surv needs two-handed weapons. Not sure why they made it a one handed polearm if that's the case. Wowhead also shows a scale bar so maybe it's intended to scale down at some point. Still, at the high item level and large stats would be awesome for wPvP and smashing in dungeons - lol.
its a special item that counts as both 1 handed and 2 handed. the stats are those of a 1 hander, but it will not complain "You must have a 2 handed weapon equipped" when using skills

Hahaha cool find. Is it a one-handed weapon though? This could be why your flanking strike is still not hitting that hard. I could be mistaken but Surv needs two-handed weapons. Not sure why they made it a one handed polearm if that's the case.
All SV Abilities that say "requires a 2H" still function just fine with this Polearm, but don't hit anywhere near what the TT is showing. It's certainly a bug do to with the recent change from 605 to 700, just thought it was funny that 2H Abilities work while I could still equip an OH. It's almost pointless for iPvP but yeah, WPvP and PvE will be good fun until it's nerfed.

For sure gets fixed to scale I'd say.

Here's some info from wowhead on it:
"One of the new Rare solves in Legion Archaeology. Note that these Rare items can be obtained with an Archaeology skill level of 1!"
"Based on the latest information, Legion Archaeology Rare solves WILL NOT be obtained from surveying, but rather will be part of an ongoing story questline. Every 2 weeks a quest will appear from the Archaeology trainer (Dariness the Learned), granting a Rare project at its completion. Note that level 110 will be required for these quests. "

Boo, you'll need a 110. Still a cool item.

For sure gets fixed to scale I'd say.

Here's some info from wowhead on it:
"One of the new Rare solves in Legion Archaeology. Note that these Rare items can be obtained with an Archaeology skill level of 1!"
"Based on the latest information, Legion Archaeology Rare solves WILL NOT be obtained from surveying, but rather will be part of an ongoing story questline. Every 2 weeks a quest will appear from the Archaeology trainer (Dariness the Learned), granting a Rare project at its completion. Note that level 110 will be required for these quests. "

Boo, you'll need a 110. Still a cool item.
Not 110 and its already october

All SV Abilities that say "requires a 2H" still function just fine with this Polearm, but don't hit anywhere near what the TT is showing. It's certainly a bug do to with the recent change from 605 to 700, just thought it was funny that 2H Abilities work while I could still equip an OH. It's almost pointless for iPvP but yeah, WPvP and PvE will be good fun until it's nerfed.
Fury warr

I Opened a GM ticket about this and they said it's already a known issue and will get fixed soon.

So don't get used to this weapon.

I Opened a GM ticket about this and they said it's already a known issue and will get fixed soon.

So don't get used to this weapon.
Don't get used to what, a Weapon that even at 700 iLvL isn't actually anything spectacular in iPvP?

Don't get used to what, a Weapon that even at 700 iLvL isn't actually anything spectacular in iPvP?

You say that but i'm sure we both know that everyone will use this weapon if it takes a long time to get fixed.

Just look at the other high item level white items, everyone's running around with those now aren't they?

This weapon is no different.

Always fun to see the hate i get for reporting broken items.

Tempting to try and get but wont really be worth the effort due to being fixed fast, this is just like the ilvl 700 guns at launch.

Tempting to try and get but wont really be worth the effort due to being fixed fast, this is just like the ilvl 700 guns at launch.
It's not remotely the same, ppl were 1-shotting Players with that Gun, this hits not quite like a wet noodle but certainly nothing to write home about (in iPvP). Also you don't gain very much Stat wise in BG's with this, about 300-400 Stam and ~20 Main Stat, that's it.

It's not remotely the same, ppl were 1-shotting Players with that Gun, this hits not quite like a wet noodle but certainly nothing to write home about (in iPvP). Also you don't gain very much Stat wise in BG's with this, about 300-400 Stam and ~20 Main Stat, that's it.

I mean the same in the time it will be fixed, the gun was also bad in instanced ipvp.

Users who are viewing this thread