Something Big (Besides Legion) May Come Soon.

Id be up for it but Blizz tends to find ways to ruin everything lately.

If they even attempted to implement this Legion might end up like wod . Not that the work would overwhelm them but they would just get complacent with one idea over the other.

I think it's a matter of which is better. If vanilla proves to be more popular, the that's the cold hard truth, legion was a failure.

But I'm pretty sure it would have the opposite effect, and bring more people into legion, rather than out.

Money talks, if there truly are a Million+ Players that would drop real, hard earned Cash to play on a Vanilla only Legacy Server (or TBC, or WotLK) then there's literally no reason at all not to make one. There are excuses they're using as to why they don't WANT to do it, but no valid reason why they shouldn't. It wouldn't in any way impact the current iteration of WoW because those who want Legacy Servers already aren't playing the current game, and those who love the current game don't give 2 shits about Legacy Servers, plus it would certainly bring in even more revenue to a stupidly rich Company.

To the OP, it wouldn't matter if there were 2 Million sigs on that Petition, Activision will do whatever the fuck they want to, even in spite of it's paying Customer base.

EDIT: Signed btw.

I also mentioned that their legal action was probably part of a bigger action. More likely than not Blizzard is already preparing for legacy servers. In order to do that, they need to shut down the private servers.
Holy crap, I think it 'turns my stomach' that I actually agree with something you said >.<

Lol what about this "WoW 2" i keep seeing in the forum threads

I think that would be Blizz's back-up back-up plan. They would try Legacy long before they tried that. Besides, way too many people would be pissed if they had to start all over. WoW is something they can easily fix by removing heirlooms, making pve harder, making more old content still relevant (example: Timewalking raiding), and removing LFR/LFG and making players sit in org/sw/garrison all day.

I wish blizzard would bring back all the old school stuff but keep the leveling the same bc I'm not spending days on end to get to like lvl 5 I played Nostralius for a little and I wanted to jump off a cliff because it took me so long to level like I'm gonna pay $15 a month but it takes me half the month to level a character

I wish blizzard would bring back all the old school stuff but keep the leveling the same bc I'm not spending days on end to get to like lvl 5 I played Nostralius for a little and I wanted to jump off a cliff because it took me so long to level like I'm gonna pay $15 a month but it takes me half the month to level a character

I think they should just remove heirlooms tho. Maybe keep the concept of them. Like an enchant you can put on your armor that increases xp gain. There's just no satisfaction in gearing anymore.

I think they should just remove heirlooms tho. Maybe keep the concept of them. Like an enchant you can put on your armor that increases xp gain. There's just no satisfaction in gearing anymore.
Yea I mean forget heirlooms but keep the xp we get now

I think they can easily monetize legacy servers so there really are only two issues. It's a risk that sure it brings in new people but also some current players would switch into a developmentally stagnant game mode, get bored, and drop their subscriptions. This is what Blizz supporters mean by splitting the player base. Not just new paying customers but shifting current customers into a mode lacking new content (and the need to pay for it). It's not that there's no financial reason not to do it. There is risk and it's risk that diminishes as fewer and fewer buy the xpacs. So it's no surprise that Blizzard isn't talking about it. They can afford to wait.

The other issue is pride. They have people that think very deeply about gameplay and the game has done so well but they don't seem to have anyone who thinks about thinking. Decision making is far from optimal. This is why class changes that good players warn will suck often take several patches or xpacs to revert. The devs like their ideas and stubbornly ignore unintended (or deliberate) consequences. Now the team seems to have dug in their heels at the idea that old WoW is better than new WoW.
"You think you want it but you don't. It's hard. And repetitive. You'll quit. And stop giving us money." So I expect to wait some time before the preponderance of evidence that they are leaving money on the table tips the scales in favor of legacy servers. I hope I'm still playing when it happens.

If only we didn't have someone with a cringy twitter account representing Legacy Servers. Being a former team lead, I still hope he can convey the concept of it in the upcoming video.

They better do something cool soon. I'm running out of reps to grind, pets to cage, and Legendary rings to upgrade.

wonder what you folks will find to bitch about even if they DO bring back legacy servers

My penis size.

Lack of heirlooms.

My face.

WoW's too hard.

My hormone levels.

I didn't get the epic I wanted.

wonder what you folks will find to bitch about even if they DO bring back legacy servers

All Blizz needs to say in response is "That was how the game was 'x' years ago, and to change it would defeat the point of it being a legacy server. They don't have to play it if they don't wan't to.

The casuals can go play WoD/Legion (assuming if Legion is as easy)

All Blizz needs to say in response is "That was how the game was 'x' years ago, and to change it would defeat the point of it being a legacy server. They don't have to play it if they don't wan't to.

The casuals can go play WoD/Legion (assuming if Legion is as easy)

But, but, pet battles were too hard in WoD!

Users who are viewing this thread