EU+US Shunkley's Artifact/AP Guide

Timewalking Bosses give 55 AP per at 101. It comes in the form of Jewel of Victory. Side note, the Artifact Weapon is shit compared to old school 2-3 Socket with huge Main Stat Weapons, so it's back to farming old Content for TW Twinking. Same can be said of Legion Enchants/Gems, they're complete garbage in TW.

The AP find for TW Dungeons is HUGE. It means we can reasonably quickly grind out a large amount of AP on our Twinks without the sheer boredom of doing NL or EoA over and over again.

EDIT: Anyone know why Chardev isn't working since 7.0? It's hard to compare what items will be like scaling down to iLvL 105 for TBC TW without it.

Was just coming on to mention this. It's not guaranteed per boss, but it's nice to have another way to get AP that has reasonable and more predictable returns. I'm actually REALLY curious about the Legion dungeon event in two weeks. It says that the last boss drops extra loot, and well, as we all know we can solo the last bosses so this holds potential. That being said, I'm not bored of Neltharion's lair yet, I imagine I will be after I hit rank 17 this week though, the next 3 traits are utility for me and aren't very exciting.

Thanks again DeLindsay, and everyone else that keeps mentioning more sources. It takes a group to find all the ways.

EDIT: I just suck at looting, I Got AP for each boss, thank you postmaster.

Side note, the Artifact Weapon is shit compared to old school 2-3 Socket with huge Main Stat Weapons

i'm not so sure about this, maybe for some classes it's true but depending on how many ranks you have surely the perks outweigh the raw primary stat increase from socket weapons?

i'm not so sure about this, maybe for some classes it's true but depending on how many ranks you have surely the perks outweigh the raw primary stat increase from socket weapons?
In TW nothing outweighs Main Stat due to extreme Stat squish. However I will am mend my comment to say that Artifact Weapons aren't as good as older, multi-Socket with large Main Stats Weapons in TW.

In TW nothing outweighs Main Stat due to extreme Stat squish. However I will am mend my comment to say that Artifact Weapons aren't as good as older, multi-Socket with large Main Stats Weapons in TW.

Agreed, it's going to be "very" class specific, but in almost all cases a 3 socket weapon with proper primary stats will beat the artifact for the average person. I'm at trait 16 (17 is in sight, should only be another day or so) and two 3 socket weapons out perform my Artifact weapon in TW atm.

Agreed, it's going to be "very" class specific, but in almost all cases a 3 socket weapon with proper primary stats will beat the artifact for the average person. I'm at trait 16 (17 is in sight, should only be another day or so) and two 3 socket weapons out perform my Artifact weapon in TW atm.
Yup, as for Class/Spec specific I will say since TW is so AOE heavy my BM Artifact Weapon does outshine my old BiS Hunter TW Weapon, the Barrel-Blade Longrifle, which makes me sad that I paid 15K for it a while back lol. That's ONLY because of 'Surge of the Stormgod' for BM does a good 40% of my damage during AOE. I push 10K ST on Bosses and 17-20K AOE in TW.

I usually double all of the damage combined from the Tank, 2 other DPS and the Healer. Granted I'm also full TW (nearly) BiS for a Hunter so that helps.

Does anyone know if the flat dmg increase talents from the artifact weap function in battlegrounds?

Thanks for the great compilation Shunkley :D

Does anyone know if the flat dmg increase talents from the artifact weap function in battlegrounds?
In Legion, as soon as you zone into a PvP instance, the stats on your gear will be nullified, and you'll be given a pre-determined set of stats that's uniquely configured for your specialization. Furthermore, any set bonuses, enchants, Legendary bonuses, or trinket effects will be deactivated (although your Artifact and its related Artifact Powers will remain active).

One champion at rare quality, no missions for gear yet :(

I'm of the opinion that those quests are ilvl gated. As it stands right now I'm slowly getting the ilvl up of one of my followers but it's still going to be a week or two because the Class Hall quest seems to be straight RNG-gated. That same quest can give you champion equipment as well, I've gotten two of these pieces of crap. That being said, I'd hold out hope for the moment Aelobin that the missions are still possible once we achieve a certain ilvl threshold.

Do you mean you've been raising the ilvl of a follower on your twink or your main?

I still need to go out hunting for those random spawn world chests that can contain follower gear but I have a feeling they might be level/campaign restricted.

Do you mean you've been raising the ilvl of a follower on your twink or your main?

I still need to go out hunting for those random spawn world chests that can contain follower gear but I have a feeling they might be level/campaign restricted.

On my twink, there's a photo of it in the follower section. I keep updating things, I'm just not replying when there is an update because I do it at my own pace now. That being said, my twink's follower is uncommon but is at ilvl 775. I can't speak for DK's but Shamans at the very least have a quest that can spawn occasionally in their quest hall that yields either a random ilvl increase, or random piece of equipment.

On my twink, there's a photo of it in the follower section. I keep updating things, I'm just not replying when there is an update because I do it at my own pace now. That being said, my twink's follower is uncommon but is at ilvl 775. I can't speak for DK's but Shamans at the very least have a quest that can spawn occasionally in their quest hall that yields either a random ilvl increase, or random piece of equipment.
Oh, I had only been checking the first post every now and then, didn't realise there was stuff in the 2nd one now :p

I spend a lot of my time afk'ing in Acherus (the DK order hall) and I've never seen a quest there. Looking on Wowhead, that Shaman quest is the only one that rewards those 2 equipment items and I can't find any info on similar quests for other classes :(

Even if we can't upgrade the Heroes on 101's (all Classes), once they're Epic the AP Mission is WELL over 100% with a single Hero so obtaining 200% shouldn't be a huge deal and therefore we get (2) 165 AP Tokens per 2 hours (if they pop that fast every day, which they don't always) and that's a fair bit of daily AP, mostly AFK.

If you do 6 of those daily (gotta sleep sometime) with Bonus each time that's 1980 AP/day, or 58,400/month. Not at all bad for not having to do constant grinding of the same Mobs/Dungeons for hours on end every day. That also puts Rank 21+ very easily within reach by the end of this year, and Rank ~25 within easy reach next year, even if that is your ONLY AP source.

Bad news, actually spent some time trying out new things yesterday. I had been in shields rest and noticed some of the chests that can spawn there, and so i took the 101 out there along with a 110 friend. 110 could see random spawned chests, the twink could not. We repeated this in Highmountain as well for the Highmountain Clan Chests that contain follower equipment and again, the 101 could not see the chests the 110 was grabbing and looting. Will update accordingly after I check all the zones, but I already know suramar chests are locked behind a 110 gate as well.

If anyone has seen any type of random spawn chest, let me know so I can verify. As it stands right now it would appear only rogues and shamans have viable paths towards maxing out there followers. :(

I just want to point out that Murloc cave farming has seemed to STOP dropping the AP. I been speedfarming w/ a grp for hours and everyone else is getting them but not me on my 101. I submitted a ticket to get some info if it's been hotfixed, nerfed or a bug due to xpoff/101. If any1 else has experienced this pl chime in or mention another working spot to farm AP by aoeing mobs. my afflic lock is built for mass AOE pulls then chain explosions like an exploding palm monk in D3 :p

I just want to point out that Murloc cave farming has seemed to STOP dropping the AP. I been speedfarming w/ a grp for hours and everyone else is getting them but not me on my 101. I submitted a ticket to get some info if it's been hotfixed, nerfed or a bug due to xpoff/101. If any1 else has experienced this pl chime in or mention another working spot to farm AP by aoeing mobs. my afflic lock is built for mass AOE pulls then chain explosions like an exploding palm monk in D3 :p
RNG is RNG, and that's likely all it is.

I don't use the spot just cause I personally believe there are better spots in terms of gold + AP, that being said I tried it out today and got 1 AP token to drop, so while it may have been nerfed (I personally don't think it has) it is still possible to get AP off of it.

Users who are viewing this thread