EU+US Shadowfang. VS Blue BG Weapon?

Kry

Grandfathered
Recently made tons of gold from rolling and been thinking if thy Shadowfang is still BiS for WORLD PVP AND DUELS not BG's.

Anyone done the math?

THX :D

You probably want shadowfang MH for the proc. For the offhand...the right stats (crit/vers) on the BG blue are probably pretty even with 2 agility.

The proc isn't the most amazing thing in the world, and the stats are pretty close. Even though shadowfang is slightly better, the BG blues are going to be nearly as good for much cheaper.

You probably want shadowfang MH for the proc. For the offhand...the right stats (crit/vers) on the BG blue are probably pretty even with 2 agility.

The proc isn't the most amazing thing in the world, and the stats are pretty close. Even though shadowfang is slightly better, the BG blues are going to be nearly as good for much cheaper.

Shadowfang used to be great when it added + shadow damage on each hit as that worked through even paladin bubble and was unavoidable. This version of sfang is super watered down although I'd still say the proc itself is extremely valuable as it results in bonus EF procs. So instead of the "30" shadowbolt proc, it's really going to be a 180+ proc most of the time. I'd rather see the BG weapon become bis since everyone could easily have bis set up for free, but the EF procs are huge for mowing down targets so sadly I'd agree and still say sfang would be bis, but ONLY because of the EF procs off of shadowbolt.

Regardless, I played crusader combat rogue with LFH in MOP and still topped charts in returns, damage done and least deaths (thanks to slice n dice bug that resulted in double ap gain and 40% more crusader procs). I will say, yes shadowfang would still be considered bis, especially how bg weapon is 2.6 if I'm not mistaken, but in reality.... No one is going to notice a difference between using BG weapons and shadowfangs. The most important thing for a rogue is still (and always will be) thistle tea.

Fang coz stillo.

Users who are viewing this thread