Ronda Rousey

It's easy to criticize someone from a couch, would love to see anyone in this thread try to do something like she's done!

WWE sounds good, she does bring ratings from her polarizing opinions. Fun watching how much she riles up people on this website!
Oh and you... Speak for yourself benchwarmer, I've been boxing since I was a kid so I have the knowledge and experience to speak about these things in an analysing way and have the right to have criticism on her performance. You don't even need to be a fighter yourself if you just learn to analyse games as a viewer. Ofcourse I don't take away what she has done for women's MMA, but that isn't what we're talking about now.

Last edited:
Ronda Lousey looked like she didn't even try

Oh and you... Speak for yourself benchwarmer, I've been boxing since I was a kid so I have the knowledge and experience to speak about these things in an analysing way and have the right to have criticism on her performance. You don't even need to be a fighter yourself if you just learn to analyse games as a viewer. Ofcourse I don't take away what she has done for women's MMA, but that isn't what we're talking about now.
That's great, and then read the two posts after this one! "Didn't even look like she was trying" "belongs in the kitchen"

Really glad everyone is speaking for themselves.

That's great, and then read the two posts after this one! "Didn't even look like she was trying" "belongs in the kitchen"

Really glad everyone is speaking for themselves.
Don't mind those 2, they don't know shit about martial arts so their opinion doesn't matter. They just watch the popular fights only and they talk shit about the loser. I didn't say everyone is an analysing viewer, but I did say that you don't need to be a fighter to analyse games. There is a difference.

"Attempted to grapple" but not even close to if you watched the 48 second match. What are you even trying to discuss here? There are ways around boxing for the clinch. Your arguements are invalid. As I said before, her head coach aka her boxing coach is garbage. Idk what he's teaching her, but it isn't boxing that's for sure. Just hitting mitts and thinking you're a legit boxer is just utter bullshit. It isn't rocket science to learn to move ur head around properly. Movement/defense is as important as knowing how to punch and she can't seem to know how both aspects work. She should've focused on grappling and wrestling in her camp instead of boxing. Done discussing this now, I rest my case.

Whether or not she was successful at grappling is irrelevant. The point is she TRIED to grapple. She cannot just grab an opponent and throw them. Especially one that isn't stationary, or one that keeps her on the end of their punches. She know's what she's good at. The game has caught up is all. It's unfair to sit there and ridicule her coach. She's had success under his name, up until she fought legitimate strikers. It's very clear she isn't a world class striker. She knew what she had to do against Holm. She tried to do it and failed. She knew what she had to do against Nunes. She tried it and failed. She's not trying to prove her stand up is elite, she's being forced to stand up and we're seeing how sub par it is against better stand up fighters. That's the point i'm getting at.

Hence feints for shoots/grapples. Next topic.

She doesn't shoot. She's not a wrestler. Initiating a clinch or pushing her opponent up against the fence requires her to be close. She struggles to close the distance because she lacks basic footwork, head movement and boxing fundamentals. Up until Holm.. She never really fought any legitimate strikers. That's why she lost against two high level strikers.

Whether or not she was successful at grappling is irrelevant. The point is she TRIED to grapple. She cannot just grab an opponent and throw them. Especially one that isn't stationary, or one that keeps her on the end of their punches. She know's what she's good at. The game has caught up is all. It's unfair to sit there and ridicule her coach. She's had success under his name, up until she fought legitimate strikers. It's very clear she isn't a world class striker. She knew what she had to do against Holm. She tried to do it and failed. She knew what she had to do against Nunes. She tried it and failed. She's not trying to prove her stand up is elite, she's being forced to stand up and we're seeing how sub par it is against better stand up fighters. That's the point i'm getting at.
As I said a few posts ago "she attempted to grapple" and that's true. Although, instead of hitting mitts in a fucking trailer where her coach is barely moving in, is NOT how you prepare for a fucking moving striker. She and her coach should have done their homework better and train around her striking. It's as simple as that and even tho it's easier said than done, as a top athlete it should be possible. Her coach is not to blame for everything, but he is to blame partially since he should have trained her better for Amanda. You can watch professional analysts and they will say the same thing. And ur logic: "The game has caught up, that's all." What kind of bullshit is that? So... The game has caught up and that is an excuse to get ur ass wooped 2 times in a row by moving strikers cus' she didn't know how to move her head around properly etc? Being a champion means you have to be able to fight through adversity and that says enough about most of her competition she has had, but sure man.

Last edited:
Ronda is done. No way she comes back from this, and even if she does, it will be James Toney-esque. Honda did her part, now it's time to be put out to pasture. I don't even hate her - she seems like a pretty trashy person who wasn't raised well, but her excitement can't be denied.

She doesn't shoot. She's not a wrestler. Initiating a clinch or pushing her opponent up against the fence requires her to be close. She struggles to close the distance because she lacks basic footwork, head movement and boxing fundamentals. Up until Holm.. She never really fought any legitimate strikers. That's why she lost against two high level strikers.

Dude, the point is she needs to work on more shit. Which includes picking up a new coach lol....how are you not getting this? As a sort of general rule, a fighter is only as good as whatever his or her coach teachers him or her. If your coach lies to you, and constantly tells you that you're something you're not, gives you the wrong game plan, *cough* says that YOU ARE A WORLD CLASS BOXER WHO CAN BOX WITH THE LIKES OF FLOYD MAYWEATHER *cough*, then expect to get your ass handed to you by some actual strikers. So, for the last time, I repeat, shit game plan and bad coaching lost Ronda that fight. Hands down. You can't expect to stand and bang with someone like Amanda when you have mediocre stand-up skills at best. These are the same criticisms Ronda has had since the jump. Why are we all of a sudden acting like it's news?

Take a page out of GSP's book. He had no prior wrestling background, now he wrestles his ass off. Also, fighting is all about throwing feints of all sorts. Ronda did absolutely none of that, but instead panicked like someone who didn't look like she should be there. Anyway, we're talking in circles. I'm done.

Dude, the point is she needs to work on more shit. Which includes picking up a new coach lol....how are you not getting this? As a sort of general rule, a fighter is only as good as whatever his or her coach teachers him or her. If your coach lies to you, and constantly tells you that you're something you're not, gives you the wrong game plan, *cough* says that YOU ARE A WORLD CLASS BOXER WHO CAN BOX WITH THE LIKES OF FLOYD MAYWEATHER *cough*, then expect to get your ass handed to you by some actual strikers. So, for the last time, I repeat, shit game plan and bad coaching lost Ronda that fight. Hands down. You can't expect to stand and bang with someone like Amanda when you have mediocre stand-up skills at best. These are the same criticisms Ronda has had since the jump. Why are we all of a sudden acting like it's news?
"She shouldn't have went in for the punches cus' Amanda is just better in it. She should have just used her judo instantly and maybe she could have tried something"
.."She should have just used her judo instantly"

this was the entire point of what I was getting at. She tried. She couldn't.

Users who are viewing this thread