EU+US Rogue or Feral Druid?

Trefort

Grandfathered
Hi, the title says it all. I made my first twink a week ago (disc priest) and love it. I'm thinking about making another one, stealth class.
What's better and why? Thanks for suggestions.

Druid (but not feral). Rogue is "okay", but their damage is somewhat lackluster at the moment. You can still have an impact as a rogue, just don't expect to be the deciding factor in pug games.

Edit: I guess I should emphasize some more as to why I am making those conclusions.

Feral druid does no damage, like it's so minimal. The only thing feral has going for them is their movement speed.

While rogues do little damage, just as feral, at least they add a better tool kit. You have cheap shot stun, kick and sap.

So as for stealth classes, you can play boomkin which isn't "only" your run around the mill midfielder that pumps out damage without end. You can also play objectively, and stealth helps with that a lot.

Last edited:
why not both. will take a day of your life to level and gear them.

Druid (but not feral). Rogue is "okay", but their damage is somewhat lackluster at the moment. You can still have an impact as a rogue, just don't expect to be the deciding factor in pug games.

Edit: I guess I should emphasize some more as to why I am making those conclusions.

Feral druid does no damage, like it's so minimal. The only thing feral has going for them is their movement speed.

While rogues do little damage, just as feral, at least they add a better tool kit. You have cheap shot stun, kick and sap.

So as for stealth classes, you can play boomkin which isn't "only" your run around the mill midfielder that pumps out damage without end. You can also play objectively, and stealth helps with that a lot.

I top damage every game on my feral so idk what you're talking about

Toping damage with a feral is easy, but you will never have the kills that hunters and locks get. I think feral is still viable at hunting flag carriers as they can attain a lot of time on target, but I find them severely limited for any other task. They are shit for defending flag carriers that's for sure.

Toping damage with a feral is easy, but you will never have the kills that hunters and locks get. I think feral is still viable at hunting flag carriers as they can attain a lot of time on target, but I find them severely limited for any other task. They are shit for defending flag carriers that's for sure.
Tbh damage pressure makes a difference, you might not get lots of kills yourself but you're keeping the healers working and making it easier for your teammates to get kills. That's the reason dot comps work xd (disclaimer: i know nothing about this bracket, i'm just applying my game knowledge)

I've been playing a fair bit of Rogue(Outlaw) and it doesn't feel great at the moment. Cheap Shot is clunky as hell, the damage just isn't there since the blanket rogue nerfs and removal of Thistle Tea from battlegrounds. Getting a solo kill vs a decently geared anyone is a struggle. You still have some uses as BW said, but you can't even really take on FCs with the flag debuff not working. Outlaw went from feeling awesome and strong to feeling horrible and weak. That's the bg perspective for me at least, haven't tried them in arenas, but i expect things are a fair bit worse there. I'd level a druid at this time, try out feral like you want, if you don't like it you can still go balance (strong) or resto (one of the weaker heal specs atm i think, but still plays ok).

Actually boomkin is an interesting idea. I'll try to make him today and always can switch to feral.

Ferals: do you often use the bear form? I have no knowledge about druids. That will be my first druid since Vanilla.

Actually boomkin is an interesting idea. I'll try to make him today and always can switch to feral.

Ferals: do you often use the bear form? I have no knowledge about druids. That will be my first druid since Vanilla.

Feral has been reworked so now you do most your damage in bear form. I never use cat form personally.

Users who are viewing this thread