EU+US Ret Paladin PVE

Sim it.
(although strength is almost certainly better unless you can achieve extreme amounts of strength but you probably can't at level 60 so go with strength)

The last time I used simcraft it gave me really wonky numbers, have they fixed this since the latest patch?

Look into prot with Vera stacking and damage procing items. I always do the same dps in my prot set as I do my ret. with 2x more survival

The last time I used simcraft it gave me really wonky numbers, have they fixed this since the latest patch?
There is nothing wrong with simcraft, it's just not made for low level characters. You need to manually correct a couple of things.
I'd start by disabling all abilities, artifact traits, passives, etc that aren't available at your level, just for safety.
Next step is making sure every item you're wearing has the correct stats. If you're using any items from the WoW anniversary events, for example, they're most likely scaled to 110. The only way to fix it is manually adding the stats instead of the items.

@Fx has a lot of experience tailoring simcraft profiles for twinks so you could ask him

Even as single target?

Depends on the situation. In a long boss fight no. Quick burst it’s debatable, Shield of right x3 + avenging shield and the procing items within 10 seconds. I’d like to test some time

Blade of wrath. It's Crit/Haste at 1.8 and vers was at 1.57, str was 6.03
[doublepost=1522119620,1522119351][/doublepost]Shoot, I had swapped some gems out, gonna re-sim
[doublepost=1522119683][/doublepost]After re-simming:
Str: 4.36
Crit: 1.52
Haste: 1.81
Vers: 1.34

After re-simming:
Str: 4.36
Crit: 1.52
Haste: 1.81
Vers: 1.34
Alright, so assuming your armory in signature is up to date and you're enchanting full vers on the WoD enchant slots, you should probably switch 2-3 of those enchants to haste and sim again. Keep switching enchants around and re-simming until crit, haste and vers are as close to equal in value as possible. And of course just keep all your strength gems.

Users who are viewing this thread