EU+US Resto Shaman, go/no go?

Gold

Grandfathered
Hello everyone, im considering starting a f2p acc. But before i do, i want to hear you guys opinions on Resto Shaman, is it a good class to pick? I mainly wanna do achievment hunting and hardcore solo content, but also pvp once in a while. I am thinking Resto Shaman because of the strong heals, the ability to both heal, melee dps and ranged dps and also the mobility with ghost wolf.

Cheers!

I've always had a fondness for resto shaman. Though I think you'll find the melee dps to be... lacking ;)

Since you're considering a mail wearer, I will strongly encourage you to roll an alliance shaman, as the only mail helm available at our level is an alliance only quest.

You should also aim to acquire high item level pieces of mail gear (25 and up) for each slot, even if cloth caster gear has better stats. The cloth gear will suffice for pve (and might even be the best choice, I dont know) but the mail gear will be needed for pvp, given the way blizzard now figures your pvp stats.

Enjoy your shaman, I think you'll find it quite fun.

Would say go with druid just because of variety of specs.
Personally find resto shaman rather boring.
welcome to f2p.

Resto dmg is decent tbh, disc would be the best class for the stuff you have mentioned. Resto is also a good choice though.

For bg's achievements, druid or rogue, for world pve content, hunter, to go for the hunting of all the rare hunter pets ;)

Users who are viewing this thread