US Rant: TC Insanity

Dorigon

Alpha and Omega
This thread is a plea to some of the teams that are entering the Twink Cup. This is a call to switch it up. Albert Einstein once said that insanity is 'doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.' With that in mind, I have often watched streams of teams running the same comps and attempting the same strats over and over, and of course, the results stay pretty much the same over time. Some teams have improved their synergy, but it then becomes a matter of skill and leadership if comps are the same and synergistic potential has been reached. In short, this is a losing proposition for 90% of teams out there. If you all play exactly the same, then the team with the best players and best leader will win. To use a basketball analogy, it's like always running a C, PF, SF, SG, and PG. Basketball has moved past that. The twinks need to do the same. You have a great opportunity to try some comps that allow you the ability to devise new strategies and see their potential, but I see a lack of daring. Copying the strats and comps of teams with better leadership, skill, and synergy will never lead to victory. It's insanity.

SR or harvest is gonna win we all know. All else will continue to copy yall. Too many wanna bee's that think it will just come overnight. TC is decided. Time to start looking toward the future of the bracket. It's too late for any other competitors to come.

That's what I'm saying tho. It's too late for most teams to catch up using the same cookiecutter comps and strats. There's a lack of ingenuity during a time when it's really needed.

I feel ya. Kidneypopper and I tried to do that route just too much work for guys with full times and family. Its a SR vs harvest tourney. I think we have all known that. Let the dedicated get paid and hope for the best of the bracket after. I know with our renew taste for the bracket along with others maybe next year be nice. The whole ally faction rubbed me the wrong way. It is what it is.

Out of curiosity (I never play alli), how did they rub you the wrong way?

Its more less the competition of pugs for me. There is no more ally vs horde. All ally faction to horde for a payday. Wsg been boring as hell lately. There is no comp. Its a steamroll wait 15 min for the next. Rubbed wrong way with ppl factioning. Get money tho i understand. No bracket tho.

Its more less the competition of pugs for me. There is no more ally vs horde. All ally faction to horde for a payday. Wsg been boring as hell lately. There is no comp. Its a steamroll wait 15 min for the next. Rubbed wrong way with ppl factioning. Get money tho i understand. No bracket tho.

Its not about the money for me, its about winning!

This is true. Although some people from SR made ally toons as well so big respect to them. Let's hope more will follow them because the ally teams are currently 7/10 randoms during the games i play which are around 5pm.

I'm hoping the winners can use some of their winning to faction back over to ally.
It's lame playing on ally with clueless randoms, and it's lame playing on stacked horde teams.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think to much emphasis is put upon the "top players" & "bracket veterans". Good players will be good players wherever they go. Learning the meta of a new bracket is definitely a challenge, playing the classes after you've got that down isn't.

Team syngery is easy to build over time & I think quite a few teams will surprise people when the time actually comes to try-hard games in a tournament setting. I don't understand why rants like this exist blaming people for playing what is quite obviously the best comps/specs in order to compete with other teams in such a big tournament. I also don't understand how anyone can be upset with teams transferring horde for what are quite obviously the better racials by miles in this current meta. It's like you're getting mad at people giving themselves the same advantages you're providing yourself with.

Top kek.

All this "X is copying Y" type stuff is a joke real talk.

It's not copying, it's perceiving what is the top comp and then making a lower quality rendition of it. This is too many people trying to fight swords with swords, need to bring something else to the table. I write this from a viewer's perspective - it's boring as shit to watch the same comps and same strats time after time. Maybe certain comps and specs are correctly perceived as being the best, but the major disappointment is the lack of experimentation to at least try to find other options that work through unconventional means.

It's not copying, it's perceiving what is the top comp and then making a lower quality rendition of it. This is too many people trying to fight swords with swords, need to bring something else to the table. I write this from a viewer's perspective - it's boring as shit to watch the same comps and same strats time after time. Maybe certain comps and specs are correctly perceived as being the best, but the major disappointment is the lack of experimentation to at least try to find other options that work through unconventional means.

That may well be true Dory, but as Sudo said, people are trying to give theme selves the best possible chance to win. You can't blame all the mediocre teams for copying the better teams. If they try to change their comp or play alliance, they will probably get beaten even worse. Is that what you want?

I see both sides of it but when you logically think about the meta & how games are played out it's hard to play anything else. Outside of maybe dropping a shaman for a mw monk what would you change to the "cookie-cutter comp" currently that would be on par with everyone else? I for one would love to play outside the meta, we tried to break away from it for the first few weeks we played, it's simply not worth it.

Why struggle with a mage when you could just use a 2nd hunter or lock?
Healer setups are self-explanatory

Anyone taking the tournament some-what seriously will probably see where i'm coming from.

Almost any tournament in any game is this way though. League follows a generic meta with the same champs being banned out pretty routinely, end-game tournaments, especially blizzcon see's quite a few mirrors based off strong setups on that tournaments patch, ect.

I agree that watching stuff like that can be boring @ times but it'd also be boring to see someone get rolled simply due to their comp, happens every year & the matches are written off before they even begin. Sometimes its fun just to watch a mirror & watch the difference in play style enable a team to win rather than their comp. Don't get me wrong, could certain changes to a comp work out? sure. Do many people think it's worth the struggle? Apparently not.

I see both sides of it but when you logically think about the meta & how games are played out it's hard to play anything else. Outside of maybe dropping a shaman for a mw monk what would you change to the "cookie-cutter comp" currently that would be on par with everyone else? I for one would love to play outside the meta, we tried to break away from it for the first few weeks we played, it's simply not worth it.

Why struggle with a mage when you could just use a 2nd hunter or lock?
Healer setups are self-explanatory

Anyone taking the tournament some-what seriously will probably see where i'm coming from.

Almost any tournament in any game is this way though. League follows a generic meta with the same champs being banned out pretty routinely, end-game tournaments, especially blizzcon see's quite a few mirrors based off strong setups on that tournaments patch, ect.

I agree that watching stuff like that can be boring @ times but it'd also be boring to see someone get rolled simply due to their comp, happens every year & the matches are written off before they even begin. Sometimes its fun just to watch a mirror & watch the difference in play style enable a team to win rather than their comp. Don't get me wrong, could certain changes to a comp work out? sure. Do many people think it's worth the struggle? Apparently not.

^^^ This x1000, so hard to go outside the generic comp and still be competitive team.

That may well be true Dory, but as Sudo said, people are trying to give theme selves the best possible chance to win. You can't blame all the mediocre teams for copying the better teams. If they try to change their comp or play alliance, they will probably get beaten even worse. Is that what you want?
It obviously isn't what I want, but we are in a lengthy months-long period of exhibition games. I realize the TC is finally less than a month away, so this is a bit moot, but the lack of experimentation is annoying is all. I'll repeat my original point that it's insanity to try the same thing over and over again and expect a different result. It's like admitting defeat before the fact.

It obviously isn't what I want, but we are in a lengthy months-long period of exhibition games. I realize the TC is finally less than a month away, so this is a bit moot, but the lack of experimentation is annoying is all. I'll repeat my original point that it's insanity to try the same thing over and over again and expect a different result. It's like admitting defeat before the fact.

People are practicing in a way that they feel will give them the best shot at winning the Twink Cup, not to entertain viewers like yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread