US PvP Queue Times

docturphil

Grandfathered
TLDR: Is there a realm I can transfer to with faster queue times, or am I stuck with 10+ min queue times as horde.

So the average wait time for me seems to be around 15 minutes for a BG, and almost never less than 10. I was told by an Alliance on Skywall that their queue times are instant.

So I'm trying to figure out why queue times are so much longer for horde on my server. It either has to be my server or just horde in general. I read that they got rid of battlegroups some time ago so I would think that your realm wouldn't matter.

I took a look at this site which contains data on server population by faction. It looks like overall, there are actually less horde across US realms 47% horde vs 53% alliance. So you would think if anything, horde queue times would be less.

Is anyone who plays horde experiencing lesser queue times on other realms, or is this just how it is if you're horde?

No matter which server you're on Horde q's are longer than Ally. I was the one that told you our q's were instant. It's not always that fast. I'd say average 3-5mins if we're not q'ing arenas. But last night we had a full group of 5 and probably 4-5 games in a roll the q popped within 30 seconds.

No matter which server you're on Horde q's are longer than Ally. I was the one that told you our q's were instant. It's not always that fast. I'd say average 3-5mins if we're not q'ing arenas. But last night we had a full group of 5 and probably 4-5 games in a roll the q popped within 30 seconds.

Yeah, I remember it was you :). I'm seriously considering xferring to ally. I didn't realize there was such a huge difference in queue times. As much as I love horde, it's just not worth it for the queue times.

Have you happened to notice fast queues for other brackets as well?

In my comical desperation I actually transferred an alli toon over there just to see, but the queue seems the same for 40-49 at least. Oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread