EU+US Pre-legion Fel gear

Baser

Grandfathered
Hey there,

I've been playing wow on and off since WoTLK and renewed my subscription once again.. and I was wondering. Is it possible to come close to the twinks that attended the pre-legion events that I read about? I see fairly high Ilevels and such all around, properly geared. To make it short.. Is it worth investing time and money into twinking without this gear, and if so.. how close would you roughly get to a twink with said gear.

Thanks in advance! :)

-Bas

the only way you'd feel a real difference in bgs is if they remove the ilvl/template system

you see minimal if any stat increases with full ilvl34 gear compared to even white vendor slots

I've recently come back to twinking as well and also missed the Legion events.
From what I've seen, gear doesn't matter as much as I thought it would anymore. Fill all slots and you're ready to go. Yeah, people with higher item level get a slight edge but it's hardly noticable (1-3% stats I believe?) and anyway, you can get close if not the same ilvl with looms and gear from BG crates (reward for a BG win).

Glad there's more of us coming back, hopefully it's as fun as it was back in the day!

Well, how about stat wise outside a bg? I've seen some proper stats on the warforged level 19 gear.. You recon a non fel geared twink can take on a fel geared twink. Just for the sake of the question, both players are equally skilled and the same class.

Well, how about stat wise outside a bg? I've seen some proper stats on the warforged level 19 gear.. You recon a non fel geared twink can take on a fel geared twink. Just for the sake of the question, both players are equally skilled and the same class.
outside a bg my fel geared hunter is way better than a non fel gear hunter stat wise lol

In bgs fel gear gives like 1 stat (if you can get over 41 ilvl)
Outside of bgs (with a full titanforged set) it is essentially having the same gear as a 29 but on a 19.

In bgs fel gear gives like 1 stat (if you can get over 41 ilvl)
Outside of bgs (with a full titanforged set) it is essentially having the same gear as a 29 but on a 19.
That's a shame, perhaps 19 isn't the brack I should go for then since you will always be lacking behind.. what brackets could you recommend?

That's a shame, perhaps 19 isn't the brack I should go for then since you will always be lacking behind.. what brackets could you recommend?

19s.

A person can level a toon in an afternoon/evening.
All one would need to do is then purchase a few white items and they good to go if they have every slot full. A player needs to make sure they have every slot full and that it matches the correct armor to the correct class they are playing. ie leather wearer should wear all leather, mail all mail and so on. In instanced PvP even lowbies gain the 5% armor specialization bonus.
Good luck and have fun!

/cheers

I think you still don't understand that fel gear isn't a big advantage... A few stats more don't make any noticable difference at all. You shouldn't give a shit about Wpvp.

I think you still don't understand that fel gear doesn't make a big difference at all... A few stats more don't make any noticable difference at all. You shouldn't give a shit about Wpvp.

I completely understand it, but I myself like to duel and such aswell, proper 1v1 stuff. And in those scenarios it does make a huge difference by the looks of it since the stat buff does not apply.

I completely understand it, but I myself like to duel and such aswell, proper 1v1 stuff. And in those scenarios it does make a huge difference by the looks of it since the stat buff does not apply.
Go 100-109 then I guess. They probably don't use any invasion gear.

Near comparable gear is available from BG crates. Very few people are full warforge prepatch fel gear. Sure, there are some of us around but not enough to be concerned about.

That is the thing about grandfathered gear. You have to be playing to obtain it. There will be some new gear coming up soon that will become to be "BiS grandfathered" when that event ends. Unless a person is playing they will miss that opportunity as well.

/cheers

Near comparable gear is available from BG crates. Very few people are full warforge prepatch fel gear. Sure, there are some of us around but not enough to be concerned about.

That is the thing about grandfathered gear. You have to be playing to obtain it. There will be some new gear coming up soon that will become to be "BiS grandfathered" when that event ends. Unless a person is playing they will miss that opportunity as well.

/cheers

Do you mean that in general, or is there legit a event on it's way?
By the way, I appreciate all the responses that I got, thanks a lot! :)

b
Do you mean that in general, or is there legit a event on it's way?
By the way, I appreciate all the responses that I got, thanks a lot! :)
if you win a bg, you get a crate, which has a chance to drop an item, which has a chance to be rare, which has higher ilvl (ilvl 27 for level 19 iirc, correct me if im wrong). only specific slots can be obtained from bg crates though

Users who are viewing this thread