PoD and Jackhammer dropping

Yapah

Legend
These two weapons were GFed for the past few xpacs. It seems blizz added them back into the Ulduman drop table just like they did with Gloomshroud Armor. http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=9425/pendulum-of-doom and and http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=9423/the-jackhammer scale from level 40 (ilevel 46) to 60 (ilevel 66).
The Jackhammer might be BiS for 49s or 59s now that you can obtain it at ilevel 55 and 65.

If you want one on a 39, you can only use the 35 version. They are still one of the rarest GFed items in game.

Nothing is GFd

but instead of mob drops the lvl 35 versions of PoD/Jackhammer will only drop from the Ancient Treasure box so...

with an already crappy drop rate you have an even worse drop rate....so instead of being instanced drops that box is like a single "mob" in the whole instance and it seems to be even worse cuz it drops plans/patterns/gems instead of items so that gives it an even lower chance

which means it has an average of like ummmmmmmm
0.00000000000000000000000000gfuasfjbgyuharffudfs0001 chance to drop those 2 items mentioned above

Last edited:
I farmed Uldaman more than a couple hundred times back a month ago and started getting into the WoW farming scene quite a bit and from what Ive seen through SSs and videos the items have been dropping since 7.3.5. The ancient treasure chest is 100% not the only drop source (unless you mean an unscaled version of items), the troggs throughout the whole dungeon have the greatest chance of dropping the super rares from what Ive learned through farming and seen while doing LAC runs for hours on end. Although Sharken did get a papel fez off 1 of the 4 stone guardians before the last room, so who really knows for sure.

I've seen 2 PoD (req. level 60) advertised in trade chat so yeah they do drop with the new scaling mechanics.

You must be talking about Stormrage. I’m one of those people selling one that you see in trade. The Rubber guy admitted since the scaling patch he has been farming non stop for it and I believe he got extremely lucky still. The point is, Stormrage is a realm that if these are dropping again, it’s expected that would be here. So many people are always farming it and still only two surfaced so far in months. US total has stayed steady since these two have shown up

In conclusion, yes they are dropping again, but no don’t expect to get one even with 1 year + farming with normal luck/rng

I still have the level 35 BoE version in my bank, I guess I should have sold it a long time ago!

subscribed, this seems like a very interesting thread
o.png

Users who are viewing this thread