EU+US People trying to sell grandfather gear SMH

Kismet

Grandfathered
Had a lovely little conversation with someone in Trade trying to sell Hot Shot Pilot Golves for 100k. Although he claims someone will eventually buy them I think this person failed to consider that people who have 100k to spend on gloves that aren't BiS likely aren't stupid enough to buy something outdated. He then blocked me, apparently I'm saying things he doesnt want to hear

"It's BiS for duels"

Cool story bro. Let go, your blue drop is now trash. Thank the Old Gods no one has to farm that shit anymore

When people are selling items in trade it is best to not meddle in their affairs.

Myself, when people stick their noses into my /2 business, I pay them no attention whatsoever unless they intend to purchase my goods. Otherwise, they are just wasting my precious time. Time that could be spent with real buyers.

Players still purchase white items with no stats for tens of thousands of gold simply because they are not available any more. These items are no good except for vanity items on bank toons. Shirts for 100k plus.

Besides, 100,000 gold is not what is used to be.

If their time was truly precious wouldn't they go farm Legion mats for 100k instead of wating it trying to peddle old shit? It's not like it's even an super old hard to find item by this point. Why not use a third party site to find a buyer? Just seems like the wrong way of going about it if there are actually buyers out there. God knows I've never actually heard of players who collect grandfathered items to begin with "Oh all these items are now impossible to get I need to seek them out because fun(?)"

op i hate you no one cares about your purple text

I'm sorry colors scare you. Deep breaths, in and out, maybe have a seat

If their time was truly precious wouldn't they go farm Legion mats for 100k instead of wating it trying to peddle old shit? It's not like it's even an super old hard to find item by this point. Why not use a third party site to find a buyer? Just seems like the wrong way of going about it if there are actually buyers out there. God knows I've never actually heard of players who collect grandfathered items to begin with "Oh all these items are now impossible to get I need to seek them out because fun(?)"

I'm sorry colors scare you. Deep breaths, in and out, maybe have a seat
cringe

Lol this kid is mad cause i ignored him.. I dont think you understand, they change pvp every xpac somebody will buy them. But for your offer of 10k you can go f uck yourself. These things havent dropped for anybody in years. The fact that you offered me 10k was insulting get ignored kid

Lol this kid is mad cause i ignored him.. I dont think you understand, they change pvp every xpac somebody will buy them. But for your offer of 10k you can go f uck yourself. These things havent dropped for anybody in years. The fact that you offered me 10k was insulting get ignored kid
Yeah I was pretty sure that was you. But let's be completely transparent here, I didn't offer you a single copper. Not sure how you forgot a chat that happened like 3 hours ago. You're salty for blocking me and I'm salty for making a thread

Also take your purple text elsewhere you furry
I play blood elves so.....nah. And get your shade of purple right jeez

Implying your time is precious and I should give a fuck

"There's a sucker born every minute."

"A fool and his money...are lucky to get together in the first place."

"I think I'm special. I'll pay goddamned good money to prove it and don't you forget it mister!1!" /wagsfinger

people like different things. some like gf'd/hard-to-get stuff and are willing to pay for it. why be a debbiedownsyndromer about it?
and some like to have really easy to get gear and look like retards. let ppl do what they want :)

"Farming Legion mats" is not the only way to make gold. In fact, it is very inefficient.

Debatable considering the cost of some items such as Starlight Rose. The amount of gold you have to invest is also another factor

Time is a commodity as well. The most precious of all. One that you can never ever get back. Ever...

Your example Starlight Rose.
https://theunderminejournal.com/#us/bleeding-hollow/item/124105

I picked BH as an example it is a midrange pop server. About 5,600 are on the AH with an mean price of ~89 gold. Even if every one of those sold and every one of those were priced at 89 gold and they were owned by a single person that would only equate to less that 500,000 gold. And that is before AH fees.

Those items are not owned by a single person. And every one of those are not going to sell at 89 gold.
That should bring some perspective on material farming.

I have consistently farmed x40 Starlight Rose in 20 minutes. That's 3600g with little time invested. A quick 100k profit is all well and dandy if you ever find a buyer sure, but will they? How much time spent in town trying to sell it? How much time spent talking to people who tell you "Why would people want it?". I still think a third party site is the best way to go about it.

Users who are viewing this thread