Patch 7.2 - Death Knight Spell Animations, Feb 13 Hotfixes, Blue Posts, Fan Art

MMO-Champion

favicon.ico
MMO-Champion is looking for writers and capture artists to join our team.

hearthstoneIcon.png
Hearthstone Valentine's Day Cards

Patch 7.2 - Death Knight Spell Animations
Death Knights also get a few new animations in Patch 7.2.

Patch 7.1.5 Hotfixes - February 13
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker
/ Official Forums
)
Classes

Player versus Player

Quests
  • (Hotfix in testing) Corrupted Essence drop rates have been increased for "Essence of Power".

From Scratch Switches to Casual Raiding
From Scratch managed to get world 4th in the recent race, but are dropping to more casual raiding for Tomb of Sargeras.

Blue Posts
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
PvP Feedback

To give some more context on the comment I made earlier about Rogue/Mage: we think it's fine if RMx comps work well. We don't think it's fine if RMx comps are the only ones that work well. To put it another way: we wouldn't want to nerf Rogue/Mage to the point that no one wants to play it any more, but we wouldn't want to let it be grossly overpowered, either.

I don't have any specific changes to share at this time but wanted to let you all know that we're actively discussing it, and that the feedback we've gotten through this thread (and other areas as well) has been very helpful in isolating exactly what your concerns are. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Class Balance and Player Perception
It really sucks that Blizzard left feral terrible for aoe, and weak overall, and hence bad for mythics for so long. It both makes for regular unpleasant interactions based entirely on preconceived notions rather than performance. It also makes it really hard to get into groups for challenging content as a feral.
I mean sure, but I find it's best to distance yourself from those folks if you have issue with it.

You're a part of this community, too. You have you say in these things as much as they do. Show them what you're worth and make them talk.

If it's a recurring problem, find a casual group of friends or guild to play with. That will help your experience a ton.

I expect this kind of response form a small minority of ignorant players but not from a blue.

The point is that its not about what you can do ... its about spec's being poor enough for long enough that a reputation precludes opportunities for performance ... and just playing with good friends isn't a solution and you should know it. SO 90% of the community can just queue up for content with strangers, but because your spec sucks you can only play with close friends?

For a lark I just checked the 90th % for my ilvl for normal nighthold - feral is dead last.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...e=7&bracket=17

I can do what I can as an individual to competently play, and flask, and food buff, and pot, but its a small ripple in the ocean when Bliz doesn't bother to properly balance things.

I understand what you're trying to say... but then the top and bottom of the log you are showing me are ~10 points apart. That seems rather normal, and not much of a swing to really try to claim that those players deserve to be sidelined or kicked (especially when talking about the 90th percentile).

I get that balance will always be a concern (and we're still working on it!), and, yes, there will always be a class in "last", but a lot of the response to these things are community constructions around players treating other players as if nothing but DPS meters and "flavor of the month" specs matter. It's our job as members of the community to correct that kind of attitude when we see it, as it seems we generally agree it's not constructive.

If OP finds a group of people who don't focus on the minutia (ie., non-hardcore/elite/etc players), he'll have an easier time avoiding "insults" over his spec choice, and that's what he seems to want.

Is your argument to underpreforming specs seriously "join a casual guild" since no top guild would want one? lol
Nope! My argument is that the community has poorly built, ingrained expectations based on perceptions of class balance that should be reformed.

Joining a casual guild is an easy one-off solution, I guess. The bigger solution is us continuing work on class balance while engaging in conversations like these.

Edit: For clarification, it's fine for high expectations to exist for harder content, just as it is for expectations to exist that content should be able to be cleared with any spec/class in tow. I just disagree that the scrutiny placed on folks who aim to be more casual or just going about their day is well-placed.

Joining a casual guild is an easy one-off solution, I guess. The bigger solution is us continuing work on class balance while engaging in conversations like these.
I'm not trying to hardball or anything, but the truth is there's zero reason to bring a feral druid or an unholy dk right now.

Sure people can have fun and play the spec they want, but the reality is when unholy is literally behind frost by 150k, no one in their right mind would recruit an unholy dk when frost is just preforming so much better.

As for Feral, the game has 4 classes, 7 specs that all wear leather. Feral Druid brings nothing extra to the table. Windwalker brings raid wide move speed aura. Rogues and Demon Hunters bring huge damage, Boomkins bring versatility of being a strong cleave ranged with decent single target. Feral has no single target and low AoE and no utility worth mentioning.[/i]Like I said, and it was a bit vague there, but I agree insofar that balance isn't necessarily where it needs to be - and again, because these things run off numbers, there /will/ always be a "bottom" of the barrel. In that note, if you are running an operation based off that alone, then sure - but the vast, vast majority of our playerbase would never be in a situation where that is warranted, and is instead a community machination.

I personally always thought the better solution was diversification, with classes bringing more than just DPS to the table, and their DPS adjusted because of that. But I'm not a class designer.

Like . . . you guys can't change human nature. Some of your responses Ornyx are asking for the entire community to up and change their behavior in a pretty significant way.

It's one thing to work towards less toxic behavior in terms of aggression/name calling and such, but expecting people to fundamentally change ingrained human behavior is kind of a bit much don't you think?

Also, just to point out, 10% difference between top and bottom isn't bad per se, but when you're measuring dps by the hundreds of thousands that 10% is pretty alarming when you see it in game.

And not to put too fine a point on it, but you (blizzard) are the ones who design the content. If you eliminated any and all dps checks, then you would see the playerbase soften their attitudes. You guys are the ones putting stuff like Krosus, Tichondrius, enrage timers, immediate threat adds, etc in the game. As long as these exist, people will default to "only top performing specs are good" mentality.
I don't really think that's true. The behavior here is very much learned, and didn't exist before folks were staring at damage meters and 'gear score' to try to gain leverage over others. It's a bit much to ask that we divulge from that entire path, as its very much a part of WoW these days, but I don't think its much to understand that low DPS may not be the players fault, and that they don't necessarily deserve the blame or treatment they may get.

But yes, we (Blizzard) as designers also have an obligation and a hand in on the bargain here. Again, feedback is being sent along relative to this. Most of the watched discussion on balance topics now it happening on the Class Development forum so I suggest chiming in there if you get a chance. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Fan Art - Stormwind in Planet Coaster
Steeldragon has managed to recreate Stormwind in Planet Coaster. You can find the map here and some screenshots here.

Continue reading...

Users who are viewing this thread