EU+US Patch 7.1

Aelobin

DK Twink (80 / 85 / 101)
What changes have people found that affect us twinks?
- Potion of the Old War tooltip now says it deals 54-83k per hit at level 101.
- The new Potion of Prolonged Power grants 940 to all primary stats for 1 min at level 101.
- The Order Resources Cache from the Blood of Sargeras vendor is BoA.
- Blood DKs now have Icebound Fortitude again :D

Last edited:
The new potions (at least on my server) are going for next to nothing at the moment. I imagine the price will go up when bloods of sargareas dry up. I bought over 100 at 11g each just in case.

- The new Potion of Prolonged Power grants 940 to all primary stats for 1 min at level 101.
This only effects Stam and Main Stat, nothing else. 101 DH's lost the 30% Magic Dmg reduction, it got pushed to 103, and the AOE Fear too.

Hey Aelobin, When you have time can you explain what your rotation is for Blood DK for lvl 101 twinking? also what is your stat priotty at 101 and what gems you are using and why. Thanks
- Keep DnD down (and stand in it)
- Use Consumption on cooldown unless you know you'll need it for survival/AoE soon
- In your opener you want to use DRW followed by BB to apply 3 dots (try refresh them just before DRW expires), MW to instantly get 10 stacks (assuming you have the DRW traits, try to do this again before DRW expires) and then focus on HS to get RP to fit as many DS in as possible
- BB to keep BP up or whenever you have 2 charges
- DS whenever you need the heal or if you're about to cap RP (best to do 2 in a row with the Unending Thirst golden trait)
- HS if you want DPS (especially in AoE/cleave) or MR if you want survival (or if you're about to DS and it'll put you above 4 BS stacks with the Ossuary talent)

Stat priority for DPS: haste > crit > vers > mastery, but I went for vers gems/enchants
- We already have plenty of haste (40% or more from gear, +10% from BS, +25% from BL drums).
- Crit is good if you only care about DPS but does very little for survival.
- Vers does nearly as much DPS as crit but has the added bonus of reducing damage taken and increasing our healing done.
- Mastery isn't far behind either but only helps with physical survivability, when most the difficult to survive WoD bosses were dealing high magic damage. It might also slightly increase DPS/healing through the Unending Thirst trait being active more often but I doubt it would make that much difference (bosses either rip through your blood shield in 1 hit or barely even dent it).

I've noticed that I cannot use the engineering bombs in battlegrounds anymore and buff food is also gone.
Parachute is usable again though :D excellent for disengaging with the flag over half the bg

Users who are viewing this thread