EU+US New, "Heirloom Gear" Metas?

DeLindsay

10s4Lyf
TL;DR - Do the Legion Invasion Event with all Twinks or get fucked.

***UPDATE 16Aug***
The Legion is Invading Azeroth as I write this.

*As of 16June according to @SkunkyMunky in THIS Thread, low Levels can in fact participate in the Invasion Events and can in fact Loot the Small Legion Chest that contains Fel-Touched Armor, at least on PTR for the current Beta build. @Jonnes of the 1-9 Community also found that Levels 1-9 Cannot participate , found in THIS Thread, but 10+ can*

I'm adding this to the 10 Forum because I can easily compare Gear listed on Wowhead for Legion builds to my own Level 10 Twinks but honestly this may effect ALL Twink Levels (10-90 at least, as 91 WoD Craftables and Level 100 Gear is superior iLvL even after scaling).

For Legion's Invasion Event there will be BoP, Heirloom like Blue Gear that is lootable from a Small Legion Chest during one of the 6 Invasions (6 different lowish Level Zones that occur every 2 hours). You will obtain this Chest after completing Stage 2 of the Invasion (personal loot) and it has a chance to contain Fel-Touched Armor. Currently on Wowhead this Armor scales from 1-100, and is static like Timewalking in that it scales to the Level your Character was when you looted it. I've already checked all 4 Armor types and various slots, the Fel-Touched Gear is the exact same iLvL as Looms are now at most lower Character Levels.

You might think then, why does this matter to me? First off, we don't have Heirlooms for every single Armor slot. Second, the Gloves of each Armor type give you a chance on hit to cause extra Damage to Demons, 3 PPM. Lastly these are only available in game one time, during the Legion Invasion Event. If there are low Level Twinks you've always wanted to make/finish, now's your time to get that done so you have them ready for the Invasion. Here is a list of some of the items that might make things interesting:

NEW: Wowhead's Guide to the new Kara Questline.

GLOVES: **Sadly the Gloves I listed here are only for 98+ via the new Kara Questling that opened today Aug16th**
BELT:
BRACERS:
BOOTS:
HELM: Identical to Heirlooms, good for Mogging.
SHOULDERS: Identical to Heirlooms, good for Mogging.
CHEST: Identical to Heirlooms, good for Mogging.
LEGS: Identical to Heirlooms, good for Mogging.
WEAPONS: Possibly superior to Looms (Casters) with pure Int instead of SP, good for Mogging either way.

**The Body pcs look similar to HFC Normal Gear.

ZONE INVASIONS

Also Tanaris but no video​

**As a side note it's hilarious to see Crossroads getting fucked by the Invasion. I can already see what Chat is going to be like as it's already nutty when Alliance invade it ;)

My only concern is that in the videos Wowhead posted the Bosses are Level 100/103, meaning at 10 and outside of a Group we may never actually land a hit and possibly gain no credit, therefore no Chest. Also, Melee Low Level Twinks will be screwed as they're going to die constantly. The Legion Invasion NPC's scale to YOU (10+) and therefore as Twinks we're actually stronger than many Level 100's attacking NPC's scaled to them ;)

EDIT: (Updated 18July)
  • 7.0 Release Date is: July 19th (won't include the Invasion Event per Blizz).
  • CORRECTED - 7.0.3 (Probable to include the Invasion) Release Date: Aug 9th (US).
  • The above est Dates are how long you have to get your Low Level Characters ready so that you have a chance at getting what will likely be BiS Gear for many lower Levels. At the very least it could a nice, complete Mog set for your Twinks.
  • You can farm these Events until you have all the Gear you want (RNG willing).
  • It's confirmed that 10-100 can participate and receive the Chests (Small and Large) and therefore the loot mentioned above, at least on Beta/PTR as of 21 June.
  • NEW - Invasions cycle every 2 hours in all 6 Zones but individual Characters get locked out of every other Invasion's Loot I guess to keep folks from farming the same one over and over on the same Toon. Easy fix is every other Invasion swap to another Character.
  • NEW - The Large Legion Chest has a small chance of containing a BoE Weapon instead of BoP, unconfirmed if the BoE scales to your Level or if it's the iLvL 700 1/6 like Level 100's get in their Large Chests.
  • NEW - Official Blizzard information about he Invasion can be found HERE.
  • NEW - Nethershard (Currency Tab) is in fact obtainable as low as Level 10!!
  • NEW - All Legion Invasion Gear can Warforge and Titanforge, PROOF.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I think there is a level requirement for these quest or invasion. Dont think low level twink can loot those.

I think there is a level requirement for these quest or invasion. Dont think low level twink can loot those.
  • The Chest shows up in your Inventory after the 2nd Wave is complete as Personal Loot.
  • On Wowhead, as of right now, there's no indication of a Level requirement to open the Chest.
  • The Fel-Touched Armor have a Level 1-100 slider, meaning they ARE IN FACT equipable at Level 1+, just like Heirlooms. This may change when the Event hits, but for now it shows that every current Level can equip the items.
  • WotLK's Pre-Patch Invasion was the model for Legion's variant, every Level from 1-70 was able to participate.
  • The (6) Invasions are Zone wide and do not require a specific Quest to start or complete.
  • There is a Zone wide Completion Bar that advances as Players are destroying Invasion Points / Killing NPCs, Level 100's will certainly be there helping.
All of the above leads me to believe that 100% of Active WoW Players of all Levels, Sub or not (looking at you F2P's), will be able to participate and reap the 1-time rewards. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe you're right, only time will tell.

well after trying it out on beta i can say that it is fun and that chests are auto dropped in your bag once 2 and 3 stages are done. you still get credit if you just standing as ghost so if low levels wont be fazed out i think you be able to get them gears since they dont have level req on them.

Might slightly be off-topic, but will plate be wearable at levels 1+ in Legion? If not, Warriors/Paladins wont be able to access the STR loot gear >.<

Yes, warriors and paladins will be able to equip plate from level 1.

Might slightly be off-topic, but will plate be wearable at levels 1+ in Legion? If not, Warriors/Paladins wont be able to access the STR loot gear >.<
The Level requirement for Mail and Plate is gone come Legions' 7.0 Pre-Patch or somewhere near that. Unfortunately this also means many of the now GF'd Twink items sub Level 40 are switching to Plate or Mail from Mail or Leather and therefore those Classes that had no choice but wear certain Armor types are getting a bit shafted.

@Hurtaz I added a link to this post in the Level 1 Gear Thread for you guys.

You won't be phased into the Invasion Events unless you're level 100+.

Source: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content...n-Event-Warcraft-Movie-Updates-Shadow-Preview
Good find but still innacurate. Your link is for a 24hr BETA TESTING not for the Live Event. That said it's still possible that the Invasions will be setup as Scenarios however that doesn't explain why the Fel-Touched Armor has a 1-100 Level requirement instead of 100 only. Also there is no such thing as 100+ as the Pre-Launch Events are prior to... Launch and therefore you cannot attain higher than the current Level Cap. This further discredits that MMO-Champ article, even if it was surmised from a Blue Post (which mentions nothing about 100-101).

Good find but still innacurate. Your link is for a 24hr BETA TESTING not for the Live Event. That said it's still possible that the Invasions will be setup as Scenarios however that doesn't explain why the Fel-Touched Armor has a 1-100 Level requirement instead of 100 only. Also there is no such thing as 100+ as the Pre-Launch Events are prior to... Launch and therefore you cannot attain higher than the current Level Cap. This further discredits that MMO-Champ article, even if it was surmised from a Blue Post (which mentions nothing about 100-101).

It's true that everything on the Beta isn't final, however I doubt they'll change the level requirement on the Event when they release it.

Let me break it down for you, the 24 hour beta test is a beta of the Demon Invasion event. Which means, everything in the beta test is what they've made so far. Which ultimately means, for low levels to be able to phase in to Demon Invasion event Blizzard will have to actively and manually change the level requirement of the phasings during the Invasion. Do you think it's realistic for Blizzard to remove the Level Requirement? Don't you think they put in the Level Requirement because they wanted to prevent level 1s+ to run around with high-end items? That's what seems most sense.

Do you think it's realistic for Blizzard to remove the Level Requirement? Don't you think they put in the Level Requirement because they wanted to prevent level 1s+ to run around with high-end items? That's what seems most sense.
Level 1's wouldn't be running around with High-end items as Wowhead clearly lists them as scaling 1-100 and if you go and actually look at each item they scale EXACTLY like Heirlooms do, iLvL and all (at least at lower Levels, around Level 96 they get odd). The only reason the 4 pcs I detailed above are so nice is that we don't currently have Looms for those slots. The standard Heirloom slots are actually superior to those drops, scaled to the same Character Level.

Yes I do actually think Blizzard would/should/could have Legion's Invasion all Levels (short of some Level 100 specific purchasables, that are already listed in the Event) because the WotLK Scourge Invasion that this one is based off of was all Levels with the only exception being the Argent Dawn part at Light's Hope Chapel. Everyone Level 1-70 was able to fully participate in the City Invasions as well as "infect" other Players with Blight. It was literally the best fun I've ever had in my ~7-8 years playing WoW.

In the end, IF all Levels are able to participate and acquire the Small Legion Chest then this Thread is highly valuable if for nothing else to kick some of us into gear to finally finish our Twink collection out that we've been sitting on for years, because reasons ;)

There is no way they could of tested low levels on beta. thus saying it starts at 100 is an assumption. It is true that level 110 players get ported out from invasion zone, however that maybe for testing purposes.

It seems unlikely to me that Blizzard would have level 100 hostile mobs spawning in these low level questing zones in the way they do on Beta footage. These Legion portals show up right in some areas where questers would totally aggro demons and die. It will most likely be phased like the Blasted Lands was during the Iron Horde invasion.
Wowhead clearly lists them as scaling 1-100
Current time-walking gear is 1-100 as well. In a hypothetical pre-timewalking scenario one could predict that f2p twinks could Queue up for timewalking as well if using your wowhead argument.
Don't get your hopes up.

It seems unlikely to me that Blizzard would have level 100 hostile mobs spawning in these low level questing zones in the way they do on Beta footage. These Legion portals show up right in some areas where questers would totally aggro demons and die. It will most likely be phased like the Blasted Lands was during the Iron Horde invasion.

Current time-walking gear is 1-100 as well. In a hypothetical pre-timewalking scenario one could predict that f2p twinks could Queue up for timewalking as well if using your wowhead argument.
Don't get your hopes up.
And that's exactly what they did for the WotLK Invasion. Level 70-73 NPC's spawned all over main Cities and literally raped everything in sight, there were dead bodies littering the Ground for pretty much the entire Invasion. I see no reason why they couldn't do the exact same thing for Legion's variant.

As for the 1-100 TW comment, you make a good counter argument.

Users who are viewing this thread