EU+US New DH

Resto

Grandfathered
I made this DH the day and moment of Legion launch. Still lvl 100. I was told 102 for DHs cause apparently the dps of the 102 talent makes up for it. But then I check the armory and everyone is 101 other then 1 >.<

Veng or Havoc - I don't know which to choose

I made this DH the day and moment of Legion launch. Still lvl 100. I was told 102 for DHs cause apparently the dps of the 102 talent makes up for it. But then I check the armory and everyone is 101 other then 1 >.<

I actually just was gonna ask this question lmao

I personally liked going Veng over Havoc, My DH: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/proudmoore/Rw/advanced

It's been obsolete since my Boomkin but did the job of making me my first Mill :)

Havoc is nice for the Mastery Runspeed if you do transmog farms in indoor dungeons, Veng you won't need any leech and can handle mostly everything comfortably & the Infernal Strike for hopping up some places quickly.

I personally didn't level to 102 because I have no use for a Havoc DH as I have various other DPS specced twinks, I also doubt an extra ability will make up for the secondary reduction from leveling to 102 since you aren't really waiting around to use abilities (Atleast for Veng, can't speak for Havoc).

Edit: 102 Talents, Felblade = less damage than Shear & has CD, Flame Crash absolute waste of a talent since you can macro both together, Fel Eruption 10pain/30 sec CD = damage to Soul Cleave 30-60 pain no CD & is AoE.

I personally liked going Veng over Havoc, My DH: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/proudmoore/Rw/advanced

It's been obsolete since my Boomkin but did the job of making me my first Mill :)

Havoc is nice for the Mastery Runspeed if you do transmog farms in indoor dungeons, Veng you won't need any leech and can handle mostly everything comfortably & the Infernal Strike for hopping up some places quickly.

I personally didn't level to 102 because I have no use for a Havoc DH as I have various other DPS specced twinks, I also doubt an extra ability will make up for the secondary reduction from leveling to 102 since you aren't really waiting around to use abilities (Atleast for Veng, can't speak for Havoc).

Edit: 102 Talents, Felblade = less damage than Shear & has CD, Flame Crash absolute waste of a talent since you can macro both together, Fel Eruption 10pain/30 sec CD = damage to Soul Cleave 30-60 pain no CD & is AoE.
Does vengeance have the same potential as say a blood dk or a prot pally in terms of high level raid soloing? (WoD raids n such)

I was told 102 for DHs cause apparently the dps of the 102 talent makes up for it.
Those talents do.

But then I check the armory and everyone is 101 other then 1 >.<
And some of them wearing cloth to gimp themselves. So much for that. Go 102 if you play a DH. There is only 1 single reason to stay 101 ... you are Havoc and want maximised runspeed.

At 102 you play both anyways. Focus on AP on Havoc cause you gain more than Vengeance does. Hitting the 1st golden Trait for both specs is easy and after that only use it for Havoc.

No matter what you play, 102 is the way to go. The talents you gain + primary stats make up for the loss of 2nd stats.

Don't compare apples with oranges. Felblade is a gap closer and spell damage, shear isn't either. Flame Crash inc. your dps because Sigil of Flames has a longer CD than runtime and a GCD, Infernal Strike hasn't. Fel Eruption has an integrated Stun and hits harder vs. stun immune mobs.

Does vengeance have the same potential as say a blood dk or a prot pally in terms of high level raid soloing? (WoD raids n such)
Vengeance comes really close to Blood and is superior to Prot Pally.

I joined the 101 discord at got some answers. Apparently some people like going 102, but 101 is good too if you stack leech. So its really budget reliant. If you can pay for gear, go 101 and stack leech. 102 is more budget twink I was told. Plus havoc didnt have an issue with running duns n stuff. So, im currently 101 havoc in sw atm :p

I joined the 101 discord at got some answers. Apparently some people like going 102, but 101 is good too if you stack leech. So its really budget reliant. If you can pay for gear, go 101 and stack leech. 102 is more budget twink I was told. Plus havoc didnt have an issue with running duns n stuff. So, im currently 101 havoc in sw atm :p
Nice man! Im on a low pop realm, and leech gear is pretty rare. I also am the type to switch things up on a class, so I might just go 102 because I can switch specs as well. Just hoping I make the right decision.

Can 102's still beat 110s in duels?

Nice man! Im on a low pop realm, and leech gear is pretty rare. I also am the type to switch things up on a class, so I might just go 102 because I can switch specs as well. Just hoping I make the right decision.

that same post mentioned beating low geared 110s. but yeah, that was my fear too.

Those talents do.

And some of them wearing cloth to gimp themselves. So much for that. Go 102 if you play a DH. There is only 1 single reason to stay 101 ... you are Havoc and want maximised runspeed.

At 102 you play both anyways. Focus on AP on Havoc cause you gain more than Vengeance does. Hitting the 1st golden Trait for both specs is easy and after that only use it for Havoc.

No matter what you play, 102 is the way to go. The talents you gain + primary stats make up for the loss of 2nd stats.

Don't compare apples with oranges. Felblade is a gap closer and spell damage, shear isn't either. Flame Crash inc. your dps because Sigil of Flames has a longer CD than runtime and a GCD, Infernal Strike hasn't. Fel Eruption has an integrated Stun and hits harder vs. stun immune mobs.

Vengeance comes really close to Blood and is superior to Prot Pally.
Wow, thank you so much! Definitely made my decision final, and non-regrettable. I'll remember you once Im running hundreds of dungs for ap, while having a blast :)

but 101 is good too if you stack leech.
No it's not, Demon Hunters are the least reliant on leech than all of the classes. Vengeance has a more than great self-healing. Havoc has Meta (+30% Leech) and for every mob that dies a fragment which heals for 25% hp.

So its really budget reliant. If you can pay for gear, go 101 and stack leech. 102 is more budget twink I was told.
And elephants can fly.

Same as a 101, so no.

I'll remember you once Im running hundreds of dungs for ap, while having a blast :)
Dungeon Runs and having a blast ... that doesn't work together for me. :p

You allready seem to have decided but I feel like adding my experience since I've played quite a bit of lvl 102 dh (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Briaru/advanced).

If you can afford realy good gear and only want to play havoc then I would recommend staying at 101 because the third tier talents aren't that good for what havoc lacks (single target dps). But for vengeance I would go 102 for sure, fel eruption critts for up to 1.4m on bosses and flame crash is good for aoe farming since the cd on flame sigil is quite long.

If you only care about farming dungeons then go 101 as Havoc for faster movement speed from mastery and better scaling on leech (you can always level to 102 if you get bored).

If you want to solo high end WoD raid bosses, well you're rolling the wrong class :p Most bosses require DPS over survival, which is the opposite of what Vengeance has (good survival, bad dps). But if you insist, go 102 instead since I wouldn't recommend 101 just for Vengeance.

If you only want to beat 110s in a duel, well you're gonna have a hard time with that too, regardless of spec. Tanks and burst classes have a chance but that chance is getting lower as the gear gap increases.

Vengeance comes really close to Blood
I've yet to see it ;)

If you only care about farming dungeons then go 101 as Havoc for faster movement speed from mastery and better scaling on leech (you can always level to 102 if you get bored).

If you want to solo high end WoD raid bosses, well you're rolling the wrong class :p Most bosses require DPS over survival, which is the opposite of what Vengeance has (good survival, bad dps). But if you insist, go 102 instead since I wouldn't recommend 101 just for Vengeance.

If you only want to beat 110s in a duel, well you're gonna have a hard time with that too, regardless of spec. Tanks and burst classes have a chance but that chance is getting lower as the gear gap increases.

I've yet to see it ;)
Im still leveling my DK to 101. But I wanted more than 1 101 twink (so i dont get bored af)

omg... even the leveling to 102 was fun...

Armory so far, even though its pretty shit (I put all this together in the past 4 hours) made lots of decisions and waited patiently for lots of answers from the friendly folk here.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/darkspear/Dacaptain/advanced

p.s. pieces like chest trinket etc are showing, im also lvl 102 not 101...

Users who are viewing this thread