EU+US Nelth Speed run question

Boredom

Grandfathered
Less of a question, more of a request. Could someone explain it to me? I've seen mixed comments in the forum. Are you farming the chest, or the last boss, or both?

Last edited:
There's 2 guaranteed chests in the instance - if you could skip all bosses that would be ideal.

Originally you could bypass the first boss completely with a glider and access the first random location chest, but they changed that so the chest does not spawn until the first boss is killed. The second chest is always in the same spot , in an alcove down the shaft between the third (worm) boss and his loot pile. It's always there but you can miss it if you dont slowfall or speed-jump or skillfully click it on the way down.

The first random location chest is always in one of four places:

under the waterfall after the barrels
at the end of the first path left after the barrels
in the little room attached to the 2nd boss's room
at the end of the watery path to the right after the second boss

edit- the first chest will show on your minimap, so if you dont see it in an area move to the next. The second chest does NOT show on the map, but it's always in the same spot. If you cant see it, wait for the dead worm to despawn and it's clear to see a few yards down the shaft directly across from the front of the boss.

The chests despawn in about 2 minutes after opening, so if you have alts or multiple accounts you can actually get multiple toons one or both of the chests if you log/move quickly... but you need to have 2+ people in the instance for that.

For example, the first chest when its under the waterfall - anyone entering after the first boss is killed will skip the first area and "enter" right there. So if you have and alt outside the instance they will be right at the chest when they come in.... but you need to have a second person inside to invite them and/or keep the instance active while your main is offline.

I dont know of any way out after that point tho, so they'd need to leave the party and be teleported out front (ideal) or complete the instance and exit out the back (which is terrible).

Last edited:
Speaking of... anyone else notice the drop rate for the AP token seems to have been nerfed? Or is it just me?

Speaking of... anyone else notice the drop rate for the AP token seems to have been nerfed? Or is it just me?
It's quite random actually, some days I only get 5 tokens in a day, others I get 15-20.. All luck based if you ask me.

But persistently early on i would get like a 40-50% drop rate and now its lucky to be 30%.

I know it's "random", but it's noticeably lesser... if it's not just confirmation bias on my part. I dont feel that it is.

Thanks for all the info. I've run NL 30+ times and never seen that chest until you guys mentioned it.

Users who are viewing this thread