EU Most active f2p EU realm for Alliance characters?

Ruthven

Grandfathered
Hey peeps, me and my sister would like to have some fun playing f2p. What EU realm is the most active with f2p on the Alliance side. Any active guilds I could contact? Any info helps! Thank you. See you in game! Ruthven

magtheridon / twisting nether

This is somewhat related, but for those of us not on Aerie Peak (or similar server, I don't know if there are others) it would be helpful to have a place to meet. Back in Cataclysm I know a lot of f2p characters met up in Goldshire, but it seems to me the way the cross server works now that we have a pretty bad chance of finding each other there now due to all the high level players.

If we hung out in a separate city, though, we could probably encounter each other. Lor'danel maybe? It's a pretty convenient location overall and sometimes I see twink characters there already. (Crossroads for Horde? Brill?)

I'd love to hear what other people think!

magtheridon / twisting nether

No idea about Magtheridon but for TN i can say it's almost dead. It used to be the largest community in the past. i barely see someone even at weekends. Looks like people quitted all together.

Lor'Danel isn't convenient at all.

I'm starting to get the impression that the F2P community is entirely uninterested in RP. It's unfortunate, because I'll have to restart my search for a free roleplaying MMO.

I'm starting to get the impression that the F2P community is entirely uninterested in RP.

I made a f2p-rp-char on a german rp-server (Playing rp makes more sense in your mother language).
Der Gaukler means "The Juggler".
I like to attend some of these nice rp-events (markets, exploring events,...) that happen there.
The f2p restrictions are the biggest problem. No one >29 can read my emotes/say/yell which kills most of the fun.
I mention that in my Total-Rp-3-addon-flags and play a mute juggler but that is still far from optimum...

I guess the number of active rp-players to be around 30-40 on this server.
Starting a pure f2p-rp community seems to be impossible.
Too little interest. Too many restrictions (e.g. also no trading) to find a workaround for.

Let alone that it is even hard to find some f2ps for anything else than PvP nowadays.
I had the same realisation when it comes to PvE :(

You can add me for some out-of-the-box fun (PvE, RP): levelone#2615

Greetings.

I had the same realisation when it comes to PvE :(

i belive it's a good time to increase starter addition level cap to 60 for Blizzard. People lost interest in World of Warcraft. Do you remember the days we join bg's instantly even we were in a separated bracket? There're not much choices now. Grind gold to pay monthly subs or Pay money Diablo3 wannabe Wow? No, thank you. Starter Account twinking was a good alternative thing to do in the past. But it's getting boring everyday. We need fresh things to do to be honest.

Last edited:
The f2p restrictions are the biggest problem. No one >29 can read my emotes/say/yell which kills most of the fun.
I mention that in my Total-Rp-3-addon-flags and play a mute juggler but that is still far from optimum...

I guess the number of active rp-players to be around 30-40 on this server.
Starting a pure f2p-rp community seems to be impossible.
Too little interest. Too many restrictions (e.g. also no trading) to find a workaround for.

Let alone that it is even hard to find some f2ps for anything else than PvP nowadays.

I'm replying on this thread since the other RP thread went... in a bad direction.

I agree with you on all these points, and created a jawless "mute" undead to address the same problem, but it's still not a good solution overall. And I think that this is really something that we're lacking - a free to play RP community. It's not that people aren't interested - it's that the people who *are* interested left F2P WoW a long time ago because it's not sufficient for what we need.

I don't know what the answer is, though - a vanilla private server?

I attended a lot of RP-Events the previous weeks and
a) it's no fun as a f2p
b) RP-players in general tend to be "elitists": their rules, their story, their gameplay, their events. No wonder RP is mostly dead.
c) I'd be happy if there were enough players to get bg waiting times down from 15min. So enough players to form a f2p-rp community? Just a dream.:oops:

Users who are viewing this thread