EU+US Mobile shows 810 relics....kinda

VoodooChild

Grandfathered
So I scored a blood relic tonight for my Bear!

I was poking around looking for twink gear and decided to look at the relics. As usual all of the listed relics showed up green on the mobile app. As I scrolled down there was a blood relic at the end of the list for 200k. When I clicked on it, it showed blue?!?

I jumped on the PC, logged in and low and behold it was an 810 relic. Snatched it up and now it lives in my artifact weapon.

Anyway, I went back to the mobile app and poked around on some Alts on other servers. I found another 810 relic, listed for less than 100g, but the same green listing and blue when clicked on. All other relics (780) stay green when clicked on. Unfortunately it was a low level alt that hadn't been played in some time. Not enough gold to even cover the 75g listing. By the time I found a loan the relic was gone.

Disregard. There is something else going on here. I have been playing with this all night now looking for more cases of this. Found another on a different realm. Listing on mobile showed green, click on it and it shows blue. Got on the PC logged into that realm and AH had it listed but it was not 810....

Not entirely sure what the deal is here but something odd is going on.

same issues displaying ilvl properly that's been going on since launch. Most reliable way to tell is TUJ when it comes to boes but i don't think they've updated it for relics yet though but i haven't tried looking in quite some time on TUJ, mainly just remoting in from work and checking every now and again.

The mobile app is always buggy, ilvls shouldnt be trusted.

So I grabbed some pics to clarify. I am well aware of the ilvl issue with the mobile app. This was the rarity. Listing showed green (uncommon), but when clicked on showed blue (rare).

Pics will help I think! Regardless it is not repeatable 100% of the time so it shouldn't be trusted...

For reference all other relics in the list showed as green when clicked on.

Attachments

• IMG_0442.PNG
    IMG_0442.PNG
    863.2 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_0443.PNG
    IMG_0443.PNG
    713.7 KB · Views: 197
There's definitely something strange going on.

My scanner will pick out the 810 101 versions all the time... but every now and then, it also pulls one that matches the 810 101 version, but is a "scales to level" version, or at least it's ilevel matches that.

The strange thing is that I shouldn't be getting any of the "scales to level" versions, and my scanner filters out 99% of those results... but somehow a rare "special" one gets through.

I filter it out differently now, so I can see when it happens but also know its not the "real" 810 101 version.

I'm pretty sure the bug isn't in my code, so it might be something with how these items end up as 810s (ie, they're a "titanforge" of the "scales to level" version that doesn't always work somehow etc), or some bug in the AH API data, or something else. Or it could be my code.

Users who are viewing this thread